[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /fit/ think of soy milk? Why should I drink "soy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8
File: Soy_milk_(2).jpg (13 KB, 200x299) Image search: [Google]
Soy_milk_(2).jpg
13 KB, 200x299
What does /fit/ think of soy milk?
Why should I drink "soy milk" instead of actual milk? The macros are pretty much the same, the taste is worse too, it's like water with some kind of straw flavour.
I drink almost half a litre of milk every morning. Should I stick with real milk or not?
>>
It was my understanding that drinking soy milk would give you breasts after 1 month and a fully functioning vagina after 6.

I'd stick to regular m8
>>
Milk is for babies, when you grow up you have to drink beer
>>
>>35535236
Normal milk is actually worse with all the hormones they pump into cows
>>
>>35535867
What am I supposed to drink for breakfast then?
>>
>>35535210
Unless you're lactose intolerant just drink milk.

You should also ignore tinfoil hat autists like >>35535867
>>
>>35536020
Cum
>>
>>35535210
I like soy milk, because it has a lot of nutrients, and I believe all the estrogen talk is greatly exaggerated.
>>
Normal milk is horrible.

Soy milk is horrible.

Just go with Almond milk, you absolute retards who know nothing about nutrition.

Some retard's going to reply to this thinking he's right. I don't have time to educate you people. I'm not even biased. I'm not vegan and I don't like any sort of milk. If you want to consume it, Almond milk is a great choice.
>>
>>35536225
Woah man , i've been allergic to milk all my life and always drank Soy Milk and i have man tits but maybe only because i'm 20% body fat , who knows if i drank GMO soy milk. Anyway now i still drink GMO free soy milk , it tastes great for me and is like 36g of proteins per L , pretty good.
>>
>>35536253
>Calls us retards
>Provides no references whatsoever
>>
>>35535867
>doesn't know you can buy hormone free milk
>>
File: e1cjbt8jj6rh.jpg (87 KB, 642x407) Image search: [Google]
e1cjbt8jj6rh.jpg
87 KB, 642x407
>>35536253
comparison of all of them. Obviously, almond milk is good, but the other types of milk are good too.
>>
File: lightsoy.png (27 KB, 460x626) Image search: [Google]
lightsoy.png
27 KB, 460x626
>>35536360
I like the benefits of light soy better, from what is available locally
>>
File: almond.png (27 KB, 457x621) Image search: [Google]
almond.png
27 KB, 457x621
>>35536428
As opposed to almond.
>>
>>35536360
>>35536438
Consider looking beyond micros and macros (although obviously Almond milk is great in terms of those too) for why the other ones are inferior.

>>35536315
In observational studies both across countries and within single populations, higher dairy intake has been linked to increased risk of prostate cancer (cited in [2]).
Observational cohort studies have shown higher diary intake is linked to higher ovarian cancer risk (cited in [2]).
Cow’s milk protein may play a role in triggering type 1 diabetes through a process called molecular mimicry[3].
Across countries, populations that consume more dairy have higher rates of multiple sclerosis[4].
In interventional animal experiments and human studies, dairy protein has been shown to increase IGF-1 (Insulin-like Growth Factor-1) levels. Increased levels of IGF-1 has now been implicated in several cancers[5].
In interventional animal experiments[6] and human experiments[7], dairy protein has been shown to promote increased cholesterol levels (in the human studies and animal studies) and atherosclerosis (in the animal studies).
The primary milk protein (casein) promotes cancer initiated by a carcinogen in experimental animal studies[8].
D-galactose has been found to be pro-inflammatory and actually is given to create animal models of aging[1].
Higher milk intake is linked to acne[9].
Milk intake has been implicated in constipation[10] and ear infections (cited in [2]).
Milk is perhaps the most common self-reported food allergen in the world[11].
Much of the world’s population cannot adequately digest milk due to lactose intolerance.

---
http://nutritionstudies.org/12-frightening-facts-milk/ for a list of references at the bottom.

I could've simply linked to that page (or the literally hundreds of others that 1. say why milk is bad and 2. have plenty of references), but I like the in-your-face effect.

Milk is unhealthy. You can fuck right off.
>>
>>35536499
I never said you were right or wrong, I just wanted references.You're acting like a child.Thanks anyway.
>>
File: throwpepe.jpg (11 KB, 258x195) Image search: [Google]
throwpepe.jpg
11 KB, 258x195
Lactose intolerant master race checking in - fuck milk.
>>
>>35536253
Coconut milk is actually the best alternative milk. Most almond milk has very little nutritional value to it. While coconut milk lacks protein, it is packed with healthy fats and vitamins, and im usually using it for protein shakes anyways.
>>
>>35536548
Apologies. Really.

The attitude concerning milk as a regular ole healthy staple buddy(!) is concerning and it's just a bit unsettling to me which might mar my approach.

But yeah, there ya go. I have at least 50-60 bookmarked pages with a whole host of references explaining why milk is god-awful. Just get rid of it and go with Almond is my suggestion that I'll re-stress one final time.

I'll leave you folks with that. I know someone who's purely desperate to hang onto his taste preferences will try undermining all the research and it's easy to see through.

>>35536585
Haven't looked it up but thanks for making me alert. Either way, I don't drink any. Good luck substituting regular/soy for those of you who do.
>>
File: rippetoe hoarder.jpg (282 KB, 840x627) Image search: [Google]
rippetoe hoarder.jpg
282 KB, 840x627
milk from dirty government has traces of d-bol and other sterons in it
so why the fuck arent you killing your gallon of milk a day?
literally free gains CMON
>>
>>35536499
Kind of annoying to find here. What about hazelnut, coconut and oat milk?
>>
>>35535867

Not here.

It's all academic because dolphin milk has been proven to be the best milk for the strength.
>>
>>35536612
>at least 50-60 bookmarked pages
Post them all faggot
>>
>not drinking mare milk
>making it

Choose one
>>
File: 1445100675141.png (537 KB, 692x577) Image search: [Google]
1445100675141.png
537 KB, 692x577
>tfw did GOMAD for like 6 months maybe way more
>hips are fucking huge as a result

I'm still drinking it and I'm worried they're gonna get bigger, but trust me the link between milk and estrogen is there
can they get bigger, or will it stop after a certain point?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19496976
>>
File: 1112.png (1 MB, 968x518) Image search: [Google]
1112.png
1 MB, 968x518
>>35536910
straight from the source
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.