[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Low bar squat >Sumo deadlift >10 inch ROM bench Powerlifting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: image1.png (370 KB, 360x640) Image search: [Google]
image1.png
370 KB, 360x640
>Low bar squat
>Sumo deadlift
>10 inch ROM bench

Powerlifting has been a plague for strength training...

Was arguing with a fat powerlifter yesterday and he wouldn't admit that a 200 kg high bar squat is waaaay stronger than a 200 low bar squat

What do you think /fit/ ?
>>
>>35534548

you're right bruv.

I've never been into powerlifting and I get that they move some huge ass weight but I'd love to see them try it high bar/etc
>>
>>35534548
Powerlifting is a sport where you test specific movements. You can train for that however you see fit, but permitting low bar and sumo in competition helps to make judging more objective.
>>
>>35534548
I see no problem with training these movements, and lifters at high levels put up heavy ass weight.

Denying that moving the same wegiht high bar is more difficult is stupid though, I agree.
>>
>>35534548
doesn't matter which you do you're still dyel as fuck, you should worry about that more.
>>
>>35534628
>Implying that'sOP
>Implying that's not based mrchaningt
>>
>>35534632
I wasn't implying that pic is OP, OP is just some dyel fuck like every other person who talks about their "atg mustard race".
>>
If you can lowbar 200kg you can probably highbar 195kg.

If you can bench with an arch 180 kg. you can at least bench 170kg flat back tng

Same goes for sumo.

Fuck off w ur form meme
>>
>>35534682
No
I can lb 170 kg and hb 150
>>
>>35534632
>Why did this guy left us ?
>>
>>35534650
As dyel as u m8

I can't go in such a deep suqt as in OP pic ? What do I have to work on (mobility wise) ? Glutes ? Hamstrings ? Ankles ?
I can't touch my feet with straigth legs when I'm standing... Even if I stretch for 30 min after each training... Never have been able to, even when I was 10 yo
>>
>>35534682
rip plz go
>>
>>35534548
I "powerlift" but Not these specific lifts.
>High bar
>conventional
>"narrow" bench
I'm stronk as fug but never gonna make it against nonmovements
>>
>>35535154
You're maybe not good at powerlifting but you are stronger than a powerlifter with the same stats doing his bullshit lifts
>>
>>35534548
>high bar squat stronger than same weight low bar

But that makes no sense, they are different movements. If you train high bar you'll be stronger at high bar. If you made an oly lifter squat low bar I can guarantee it would not be as good as his high bar. It's all about specificity.

>sumo is easier
When will this meme die? It's a legitimate lift and has its advantages and disadvantages when compared with conventional. I even dl conventional but this sumo hate is annoying.
>>
>>35535285
Lol
keep lying to yourself
>>
>>35535285
a 4 plates highbar squat is way harder to achieve than a 4 plates lowbar squat. How can you even compare the two ?
A low bar squat to paralelle shows 0 athletic ability.
I agree with you with sumo. It's all the faggots who thinks they pull like KK and "round there upper back" that are just too weak to deadlift with a correct form. I know that because I pulled 230 with a disgusting form and my max with a fixed scapula is only 4 plates. God I'm ashamed I used to train with such a pathetic form
>>
>>35534687

Youre not in plateau megazone yet infact youre still lifting baby weights. In a year your hb and lb will be equal watch.
>>
>>35535310
B-but is it babyweight if I can high bar squat 2x bw ?
Th-thanks /fit/...
>>
>>35535307
Depth was never specified, I'm talking assuming they're the same depth. Parallel for me is defined as depth according the the ipf.

If we're talking high bar actual atg like an oly lifter then yeah, compared to an ipf low bar I would agree.
>>
>tfw powerlifter
>can't lowbar so squat highbar (185kg)
>Deadlift conventional (240kg). Tried sumo once and it felt odd.
>don't really have an arch

Honestly couldn't give a fuck what others in my weight class (83) do and don't think they're cheating if they do something different to me. They're just using their body to their advantage.

Couldn't give a fuck what
>>
File: highbarfaggot.jpg (78 KB, 820x410) Image search: [Google]
highbarfaggot.jpg
78 KB, 820x410
ITT
>>
>>35535401

You do realize that benching with a flat back will fuck up your shoulders?
>>
>>35534682
There's this internationally competing weightlifter here in the country who occasionly competes in powerlifting. Saw him get a 10kg increase on his squat from switching to low bar, from 170 to 180kg. This was shortly after Europeans - where he got 3rd place - so I presume he didn't really bother peaking for that particular PL meet.

Tl;dr: you usually get more out of it than you claim.
>>
>>35535433
I have an arch, it's just not an exorcism tier 2 inch rom arch. All for the guys with that mobility though, slowly working on mine.
>>
>>35535310
How is 170 kg baby weight?
>>
>>35535554
If you weight 100 kg, it is baby weight
>>
I don't know about how it its for you guys but my arch is so big that my rom is like 15cm? But my flatback feet up is only 10kg behind so lol
>>
I don't understand why /fit/ is so obsessed with sumo. It's more technical and more functional then conventional deadlifts imo, and there isn't any inherent benefits in doing it compared to for example arching more in the bench.

>>35535444
>Internationally competing weightlifter
>Squats 180 kgs
What?
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.