[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Intermittent Fasting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 280x392) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 280x392
Thoughts/experiences with intermittent fasting? Is it legit?
>>
I lost 50lbs in around 3 months on the 5:2 diet. I stuck to it religiously and went to rhe gym for cardio most days though. Say bye to gains
>>
It's 100% legit but it's not some magical god ol like faggots would have you believe. Of course you're going to lose weight if you don't eat for 16 hours a day. Less time eating is less time being a fatass is less total cals in a day. Easy mode is not eating a while before bed waking up 8 hours later (ideally) having some black coffee and water for the rest of the time til you can break your fast.
>>
I'm pretty new to /fit/, but it is definitely a good way to lose weight.
I did a 36 hour fast once a week for four months and lost 40 lbs (210 to 170).
I've since started lifting and still fast once a week, though only for 24 hours.
Not yet committed enough to count calories or macros. Just trying to eat a lot of protein and maintain a weight that fits most of my clothes.

Don't fall for the meme. Short fasts do not fuck up metabolism. If anything they help your metabolism.
>>
>>35532708
Greg wtf are u doing posting another thread?
>>
>>35532851
I've been doing this for 3 days now. Fast begins at 9 pm and ends at 1 the next day. Took a bit to get used to but I really don't mind. Towards the last hour or so, I sometimes get distracted by the hunger, but I'm sure I'll get used to that in time.

Coffee, altoids, and green tea help stave off the hunger too. Took some advice from the lean gains guy: medium protein/high carb a few hours before working out at 4ish, post workout meal, then meal at 8:30 before the fast begins.

I kinda like it. Not sure how long I'll keep on it, considering I still eat about the same amount of calories, just in a shorter window. Then again, this is the first time I've actually tried counting them so maybe I am eating less.

>>35532794
What's 5:2?
>>
>>35532920
you're talking 3 days are a month ... you won't last 2 weeks on IF
>>
>>35533009
you're talking like 3 days*...
>>
>>35532920
Not 5:2 guy, but it is five feeding days, two fasting days. Don't think they are usually meant to be consecutive, and also some people don't fast all day. Seen some talk of 5:2 as two days where you eat 400 calories or less.

I've thought about trying Leangains, but not quite prepared for that.
>>
What I've been doing lately is just eating less and not eat at all after 7pm. If I feel hungry, then I just drink water and resume eating at 2pm the next day. I work at a job where I'm there from 12:30 to 9, so it's worked out so far. I have no idea what I'll do when the weekend comes.
>>
>>35533031
do it anon, it takes some getting used to, but once you're in the swing of things its great
>>
File: leangains.png (1 MB, 654x872) Image search: [Google]
leangains.png
1 MB, 654x872
>>35532708
My results of 11 months of lean gains
>>
>>35534400
>almost a year
>very minimal change between pics
>feeling confident enough to post this here
>>
>>35534444
>he doesn't know iopq
>>
>>35534496
what the fuck is iopq. And >>35534444
is right, you look literally the same. Did you fuckking get the gym membership, but literally never go?
>>
>>35534400
jesus fucking christ, you literally haven't changed.

remember what martin said about trying to recomp if you're over 10% bf?

/spoiler/ don't /spoiler/
>>
>>35534400
u r still here? is it really u? if so, did you do a gains?
>>
>>35534444
>>35534503
>>35534592
That image is a troll pic that's at least 3 years old.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.