[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it normal to have bloodshot eyes after a heavy set of squats?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: squateyes.jpg (6 KB, 274x184) Image search: [Google]
squateyes.jpg
6 KB, 274x184
Is it normal to have bloodshot eyes after a heavy set of squats? I'm doing TM and after intensity day squats (about 370 right now) my eyes are always red. Should I be worried?

pic related, not my eye but about how they look.
>>
>>35527719
Get your blood pressure checked.
>>
>>35527730
This
>>
Yeah it's called pussyitis.
>>
Enjoy your brain hemorrhage and or prolapsed aortic valve.
>>
>>35527719
I've never seen that shit happen before OP I've repped 375 and didn't even look flushed. You might have high blood pressure or something senpai
>>
>>35527719
High blood pressure senpai
>>
>>35527730
>>35527738
>>35527779
>>35527787
haven't checked my BP in a while but it was around 120 in the fall..
>>
Rip opie
>>
>>35527801
Doctor time mate
>>
>>35527719
no its not normal

are you on roids?
>>
>>35527845
nope no roids. I'm 6'0 200 lbs 23 years old. Not aware of any other strange things when I squat. Short of breath but no more than you'd expect after cranking out a heavy set.
>>
>>35527868
focus on your breathing next time - make sure you're not holding your breath when you are lifting heavy
>>
>>35527868
You have high blood pressure dude
>>
>>35527936
I hold my breath on each rep but breathe between them, usually - that's not ideal?
>>
>>35527950
no, you are supposed to exhale when you are coming up
if you hold your breath you cause a lot of strain. no wonder you get bloodshot eyes
>>
>>35528014
alrighty then. I'd been doing that my entire lifting career. Rip misled me I guess.
>>
>>35527719
>youre supposed to breathe
>>
>>35528014
I can attest to this a little bit. I also get very dizzy and get a metallic taste in the back of my mouth/nose whenever holding my breath while doing reps. Try doing what this guy said, it helped me at least. Should also point out that I did get bloodshot eyes sometimes.
>>
>>35528095
some believe that you shouldnt breath until you've finished the rep so you can keep your core as tight as possible. but as i said, that can cause a lot of strain. pkus its still possible to keep a tight core while breathing, it just takes practice. yoga helps
>>
>>35528155
I don't have problems with core weakness (although I'd been doing valsalva the whole time). I'll see how it feels next time I'm lifting to breathe throughout the reps, and see if it fixes the eye stuff.

Thanks for the help anon!
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.