[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are fit people a minority?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: college-fit-girl.jpg (43 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
college-fit-girl.jpg
43 KB, 400x400
Roommate brought up this point and I want your opinion on it. Since overweight and obese, just unfit people, appear to out number us greatly; does that make those who are fit a minority?

>fit grils are great
>>
>>35527683
We niggas now

Hand outs pls

Where the white bitches at
>>
Yes, fit people are a minority, but since they're doing well (just physically in this case), they're still available for berating.

Think of it sort of like the difference between whites and blacks in a way.

>go on some Facebook page where there's a fit person and all the comments are like "omg ur soo skinny u need liek a cheezburger" or "lmao 2 so gross n roided lol"
or
>white guy shot by black guy; if there's news coverage, it'll focus on "gun violence"
These are deemed okay by our retarded society because the victims (I use that world loosely for the first example) are doing "well". Sort of how it's okay to laugh at a billionaire falling and breaking their ankle while it's not okay to laugh at the homeless guy who does.

Alternatively:

>FB page where people rip on a fat person (bonus points if the person is a girl)
or
>black guy is shot by white guy; queue 10 day news cycle on how 1 in 2 black people will be shot by the KKK
You're not allowed to get away with the fat shaming part because a) fatties are the majority, and they're associated with not doing as well; the latter you're not allowed to because the victimized group isn't doing that well.

tl;dr - shitsfucked.webm but that being said, being /fit/ makes you a minority but no one is or should feel bad for you (not that I think you were implying people should).
>>
>>35527811
I...I never thought about it like that...

We could get benefits as a minority social group.

Quickly, someone start a religion!
The church of iron.
Dedicated to cleansing the spirit by pushing the body to its physical limit.
Reps are meditation.
Cardio is penance for the sin of overindulgence.
All we need is some form of "higher power" and we're set.
>>
File: 0UBgW.gif (2 MB, 250x158) Image search: [Google]
0UBgW.gif
2 MB, 250x158
Maybe in burgclapistan

>tfw from a country where fat people are so rare children stare at them in awe and people are disgusted at the sight of them
>>
>>35527879
Brodin? Saint zyzz, saint julian?
>>
>>35527879

The higher power shall be the Iron God Ferris. And the ultimate reward for our devotion would be ascension to mutanthood.
>>
>>35527879
reddit might be more your speed
>>
>>35527896
>not being fit in a fat country
>not being tall in a short country
>>
>>35527933
zyzz should just be one of the guardian angels
>>
>>35527933
Saint Zyzz the antipodean, blessed by tren, he came, he saw, he conquered.
>>
>>35527896
What country is that?
>>
>>35527998
this man gets it.
>>
>>35527879
I... I think you should kill yourself, faggot.
>>
>>35527683
Fit men are a minority, fit women are almost non-existent. Probably like 10% and 1%, respectively.
>>
>>35528140
Way less, believe me. I guess by far most of the fit people are between 18 and 30. That's about 20% of the population. Two thirds of those are overweight, leaving 6.7%. I guess 10% of those people may be fit, that's entirely possible, but it's still <1% of the whole population.
>>
File: fit states.png (34 KB, 731x433) Image search: [Google]
fit states.png
34 KB, 731x433
>>35527683
I'm in Hawaii and it feels like a 50/50 split on normies/fitizens vs. fatties/slugs walking around.
>>
>>35528032
"We are all gonna maje it brah" - Saint Zyzz the gatekeeper of gains
>>
>>35527683
they're a minority in the same way that rich people are a minority. at least that's how leftists see it so they're open to harassment
>>
Interesting topic. I thought about this today. Most people seems to go to gym somewhat regularly, but it doesn't mean that they actually knew nothing about training or nutrition. So most people aren't really fit in my eyes. Just normal.

In my uni I haven't seen another grill who'd be into lifting like I am, I mean in a way that it shows. Sure I haven't seen all the pupils, but so far I've seen none on the campus. At my gym there are many fit bunnies, but they are just basically a combination of being young, having a low bf% and some muscles. Women's DYEL mode. Never have I seen a woman performing squats nor deadlifts. Or no wait, there's this one grill, she's my bro. But that's about it.

But it's not like there where tons of actually fit guys either. Really rare sights, I'd say.
>>
>>35528229
Oh yeah good point, I forgot that old people are shit and bring the numbers down.
>>
>>35528440
This dyel meme needs to die. Lifting is not the only way to be fit. A distance runner will have a much better endurance than your average gym rat. The same goes for any type of endurance training. A rock climber will smoke a lifter in climbing shit, of course. To each his own. Low body fat and the discipline to train in whatever the fuck you like is fit in my book.
>>
>>35527683
this girl 30 years old. not college. fucking idiots,.
>>
Fit people on are minority on /fit/ too.
>>
>>35527879
>The church of iron

Corny. I'm out
>>
>>35527837
That's retarded. I have never seen people in good shape berated. In fact, most of the time, I see everyone loving their pictures, and saying nice things. There is a thing called "fat shaming" for a reason. Because being fat is already inherently bad, and people get made fun of for being fat naturally. I have never seen a person oppressed, because they are in good shape. That is the type of shit that tumblr believes.
>>
>>35527879

The high power is Arnold. There is no question there.
>>
>>35528657
Yeah of course, I'm not expecting everyone to achieve for certain kind of physics. But what I meant with my comment is that most people aren't that seriously into any sports, and since I been lifting for years and doing sports my entire life, I have a bit different meaning for being "fit."

It's totally fine for me that not everyone even likes lifting, and everyone should do the sport they like the most. But as OP asked, there are not that many actually fit and athletic people out there.
>>
>>35528899
You can do some type of activity and not be seriously into it. You might do it just for health reasons or instagram likes. Doing it as a hobby is something else because you have a different mindset. I feel the need to drop the bar lower because I see the people around me how comfortable they are being painfuly weak. They run out of breath after a flight of stairs and can't do a damn pushup. That's why to me a cardio bunny is fit. At least it's guaranteed that she doesn't pass out after a longer walk through a park.
>>
>>35527879
There is something called "Die Kirche des Bizeps" in Germany, which translates into "church of biceps"
Fucking curlbros
>>
File: ed3.jpg (546 KB, 1466x908) Image search: [Google]
ed3.jpg
546 KB, 1466x908
>>35528806
Ever heard of maria kang? Ever seen a picture on a facebook "fitspo" page? The reason you may not see fit shaming is when the two people know one another irl and their might be some actual consequences, people have no problem shaming when they know they aren't risking anything.
>>
Fuck it, made a thread.
>>35531215
>>
File: usomovabish.jpg (22 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
usomovabish.jpg
22 KB, 480x360
>>35527933
Julius is prophet of the times
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.