[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Creatine Questions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
Hey /fit

So I recently started trying to gain and people I've trained with have always recommended me Creatine. I picked myself up some Micronised Creatine Powder today and I have some general questions to any anons that might have had experience with it.

1) Before or after workout? Or both?
2) How much in grams should I be taking for the loading period and can this be split in half for before and after workout
3) How much should I take regularly, I says 3-5 grams but if I ware to take it before and after workout would I take 5g before and 5g after or would I be better off taking 3g before and 3g after.
4) Do I need to follow the proportions, It says for every 3g of powder I need 240ml of liquid but do I really need to follow that?

I know some of these questions might seem stupid but I'm really lost here, thanks in advance.
>>
>>35526689

answer all your questions by watching 2-3 YouTube videos on Creatine retard

its not hard ...
>>
File: 1451262091315.jpg (21 KB, 300x626) Image search: [Google]
1451262091315.jpg
21 KB, 300x626
I got it free with my proteins, never touched it, just been sitting there. I don't even know what that shit does, desu I thought it was for cutting
>>
1. Doesn't matter. 5g a day. No cycling, just 5g a day

2. No loading period. Start taking 5g a day when you start and never change the amount

3. Again, it doesn't matter when in the day you take it. It's the sort of thing that builds up in your system over weeks of continued use, it has no impact when you take it

4. No, you can do whatever with it as long as it gets in you. There's people that just put the powder alone in their mouths and drink something, I put it in my bcaa shake, you can even put it in food you're eating if you want
>>
>>35526689
>1) Before or after workout? Or both?

I do after. You can do before. Also, can do both but splitting dosage in

>2) How much in grams should I be taking for the loading period and can this be split in half for before and after workout

Don't load, dangerous and waste. Take a teaspoon which is about 5g.

>3) How much should I take regularly, I says 3-5 grams but if I ware to take it before and after workout would I take 5g before and 5g after or would I be better off taking 3g before and 3g after.

3 and 3

>4) Do I need to follow the proportions, It says for every 3g of powder I need 240ml of liquid but do I really need to follow that?

Just drink a gallon of water a day as a safe rule
>>
>>35526766
>>35526740
Thanks a lot guys, appreciate it
>>
>>35526689
It doesn't matter when you take it as long as it's once everyday. Take it with juice or something with sugar so that it is absorbed into your blood.

Your kidneys are going to try to piss all of it out of your body so after the loading phase you are just trying to keep it in your blood. It will pull water into your muscles making you look bigger and you will gain water weight. You will also look less lean. The only way it can be dangerous is if you get dehydrated because your muscles will be stingy with water and will not return it to your organs. That is why you see guys at the gym nursing a gallon of water.

You will definitely notice lifts feeling less strenuous as your muscles will be harder to fatigue, allowing you to work a little bit harder. That is literally it. After you quit you will be set back quite a bit but you can make up the lost ground quickly.
>>
>>35526689

1. Doesnt matter
2. No need to load although I uncosciously take a little more than 5g a day for the first few days
3. 5-10grams every day for big guys. only 5 for little guys
4. Best way to take it is to put the powder in your mouth and then wash it down. Then you dont lose any in ur cup or shaker.

5. Since you didnt ask... You never need to come off of it. Ive used it for 2 years straight. I only get breaks when i go away for vacation.

It's a really really great and effective supplement...if you actually work out.
>>
>1) Before or after workout? Or both?
Timing is irrelevant. Creatine only works with consistently superphysiological levels in your body. A "spike" just before work out is insufficient, nor will a work out have consumed enough in one go that you vitally need replacement. Personally, I take it with the rest of my vitamins every day with dinner.

>2) How much in grams should I be taking for the loading period and can this be split in half for before and after workout
Loading isn't really that important, but if you do load, yes you should split it up over the day. Probably with more than just a work out between them. Take 5g with breakfast and 5g with dinner maybe.

>3) How much should I take regularly, I says 3-5 grams but if I ware to take it before and after workout would I take 5g before and 5g after or would I be better off taking 3g before and 3g after.
Get 5 grams a day, whenever or however. 5g is also convenient because it's about a teaspoon. Taking 10 on work out days won't do much other than consume it faster, but it's cheap, so it doesn't matter.

>4) Do I need to follow the proportions, It says for every 3g of powder I need 240ml of liquid but do I really need to follow that?
That's mildly ludicrous. I assume it's just so you don't choke. You will need to consume more liquid every day when you're taking creatine regularly, or you'll get headaches, and maybe cramps. Just drink an extra glass sometime.
>>
File: 1445074497709.jpg (187 KB, 774x702) Image search: [Google]
1445074497709.jpg
187 KB, 774x702
>>35526689
I'm on cycle right now, OP.

>First 5 days take 5g creatine 4 times a day (spread the intake throughout the day)
>After those 5 days take 5g 1 time a day (preferably after a workout)
>Repeat until you've taken it for 60 days.
Wait atleast 30 days before starting the cycle again.

Also, try to avoid caffeine as much as possible, as it interferes with the creatine.
Good luck, OP, and may you achieve glorious gains
>>
>>35526740
Your the guy that helps the dyel nyrs at the gym. A true hero.
>>
Also guys a question I didn't ask, do I only take it on workout days or everyday?
>>
is loading a meme?
>>
>>35527023
Every day. Doesn't matter what you're doing that day. 5g every day

>>35527037
It's not necessary and just a waste of money
>>
I bought myself 2kg of creatine powder to last me a while, and I've been taking it with my protein shakes.

Now, I've only just noticed that my protein shakes also have 2.3g creatine per serving, and I have three servings on workout days, and one on every other day.

Am I taking way too much creatine because of this, or does it not matter?
>>
>>35526793
You don't know what the fuck you're talking about.
>>
I only took it once, 2,5 grams, and got diarea city from it. Scared me but most people say they notice nothing. Did i do it wrong?
>>
File: Michelin_Man.png (41 KB, 229x229) Image search: [Google]
Michelin_Man.png
41 KB, 229x229
>tfw we have a new creatine thread every day
>tfw people still don't know how to use it
>tfw dyels give stupid advice
>>
>>35527704
It's newfags, desu. They haven't read the threads
>>
>>35527069
You really can't get too much creatine, there may be diminishing returns after 10 g/day, but nothing unhealthy
>>
>>35527485
Oh but I do. Read a book.
>>
>>35527628

Coincidence. Stop being a fucking pussy.
>>
>>35526955

You don't need to cycle Creatine.
Caffine also does not interfere with it.

You're a fucking moron, stop giving advice.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
10 KB, 480x360
>>35526955
Holy shit you're the biggest fucking retard I've seen on this board
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.