[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you guys had any experience with Voltaren (diclofenac) gel?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: rip.jpg (94 KB, 899x598) Image search: [Google]
rip.jpg
94 KB, 899x598
Have you guys had any experience with Voltaren (diclofenac) gel?

I've had chronic wrist tendinosis for ages, not very painful but persistent and always present if I'm not wearing a brace. Apparently that means my wrist tendon is fucked at a cellular/tissue level, no inflammation. However I tried this Voltaren gel and it makes it feel fucking fine, dramatic difference. They say this gel is anti-inflammation drug but there doesn't appear to be any inflammation (swelling, redness, etc) on my wrist. I tried ibuprofin gel too, which is also an anti-inflammation drug, but unlike voltaren it made no difference.

My question is, is voltaren actually healing my wrist or is it just masking the pain as a painkiller? Do any of you have any experience with this gel for tendinopathy? thanks
>>
>>35523534

It wouldn't be helping you heal in any direct way. It's just a pain killer and it's a lot stronger than Ibuprofen.

What does your doctor say about the long term prognosis of your tendinosis, considering the fact you've been dealing with it for so long?
>>
>>35523598
he just says rest and wrist brace and keeps feeding me naproxen. it's not making any difference.

I've been wearing this brace for about a month now, gotten ten sessions of physio (the guy heats it up and runs an ultrasound instrument over it) and haven't been to the gym since November 6th. Fucking sucks. I've seen some improvement but nothing profound. Only thing that has felt profound is this diclofenac gel which seems to be amazing.

The biggest test of my wrist is simply rotating it anti-clockwise. That causes the most acute and obvious pain. With the diclofenac that pain is gone but wrist still feels a bit weird.

To explain what my wrist normally feels like without any treatment or stressing it in a weird position, think about the tension you have in your knuckle or any joint before you crack it to get rid of it. It's that feeling x5 (which again isn't much but it's always there annoying me), and you can't crack it to get rid of it because it's always there. If I go to the gym it gets worse with time as the lifts go up and there's some exercises I can't do at all anymore.
>>
>>35523534
What makes you say there's no inflammation? The simple fact that you can see no swelling or redness? Because that's rarely the case.
>>
>>35523646
>The simple fact that you can see no swelling or redness? Because that's rarely the case.
Pretty much.

Fuck, if it is inflammation I'd be grateful as fuck as then I'd know that maybe this gel is really helping and not just masking the pain.

There's absolutely no redness or swelling on my wrist whatsoever. The physiotherapist also agreed and describes it as an atrophied tendon. The doctor couldn't give a fuck less and calls it tendonitis.
>>
>>35523662

There is usually no visual redness or swelling in cases of tendinosis. In more severe cases, it can take 6 months or more for it to fully heal. Tendons don't heal as easily as muscles do.
>>
i feel ur pain bro, i got tendinosis in both elbows its so depressing when you can't lift
>>
>>35523662
Well the physiotherapist should know what he's doing. Although I have to say that it sound illogical to me that your tendon would've atrophied, unless there's something you're not telling.
Also please remember that it's not always a good idea to just kill the inflammation. It's there to heal you. Just don't keep provoking it.
>>
>>35523748
have you tried any treatments? any luck with them? how long have you had it?
>>
>>35523772

its been about 2-3 months since it first started, but i've only tried to fix it the past few weeks because it wasn't too bad at first but got worse. the only thing i've really tried so far is using elbow braces and that seems to be helping a bit but i'm not sure.
>>
>>35523760
>unless there's something you're not telling
i'm pretty sure i got this due to laptop gaming rsi. the awkward angle of the shift key and using esdf/wasd long term damaged it and i didn't even realise it was happening. even without playing the games that shift key was bad enough just for normal typing and i used that laptop for six years. of course i didn't realise it then.

it was mainly the laptop i'm sure but it was also in combination of the gym. i hadn't been to the gym for ages and when i started again i remember the very first time i felt the pain in only the left wrist while doing preacher curls. since it wasn't that bad figured i'd work out through it but all this time later it hasn't gone, even when i'm not doing certain exercises that are bad for it.

it's only the left wrist because that wrist was exposed to the awkward keys. right wrist is absolutely fine.
>>
>>35523534
I would recommend nofap
>>
>>35523821
>figured i'd work out through it
Terrible mistake.

Anyway I still think you're having some chronic inflammation. Otherwise, why would there be pain?
>>
>>35523880
tears in the tendon tissue apparently

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tendinosis
>>
>>35523907
The study below may be of interest to you

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3312643/
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.