[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any "rules" at the gym besides wiping the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6
File: e3b.jpg (31 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
e3b.jpg
31 KB, 645x773
Are there any "rules" at the gym besides wiping the equipment off after you use it? Like, am I allowed to do sit-ups anywhere in the gym or is there like a special place I'm supposed to go to do those?

I always feel like I'm doing the wrong thing at the gym and that people are judging me.
>>
Don't be an intimidating meathead.
>>
>>35521306
assuming you're a complete rook,
there are usually matts designated for sit ups in the back of every gym
>>
>>35521306

There is usually a yoga mat somewhere in the gym for crunches / sit ups / push ups etc.

Look for a blue mat and if there isnt one, just ask about it, the staff are there to help you not to judge you.
>>
Rerack the weights after you're done. Generally if you want to do sit-ups or pushups or whatever there'll be mats set up in a corner for you to use. Doing them in the free weight area is a dumb idea, because then people will have to maneuver around you. Be courteous, don't get in people's way, and you'll be fine.

Also, I'd recommend doing planks instead of sit-ups. Obviously it's down to personal preference and if you're planning on going in the military you'll want to be able to do a lot of them, but they can hurt your lower back
>>
>>35521306
>he wipes the equipment off after he uses it
Beta as fuck. Let someone else do it.
>>
na this aint like the fell of zion or "sect of Zoltan", (Hello family. Newfag here.) BUT... the harder you work and the more I'll like you
>>
>>35521344

>Also, I'd recommend doing planks instead of sit-ups. Obviously it's down to personal preference
No it really isn't. They train different muscles and planks are isometric.
>>
>>35521345
that's literally the one thing that they asked me to do
>>
>>35521306
>where to do situps
Simple solution - don't do them, they are one of the least effective excercises. Do planks/leg raises
>>
>>35521344
Do I have to wipe the mattress off?
>>
>>35521411
>situps
>they are one of the least effective excercises
>Do planks/leg raises

how long have you been retarded?
>>
File: 1447250633484.jpg (27 KB, 321x358) Image search: [Google]
1447250633484.jpg
27 KB, 321x358
>>35521433
https://www.acefitness.org/getfit/studies/BestWorstAbExercises.pdf
>>
>>35521306
>going to the gym just to do sit-ups
>>
>>35521433
You're not even using your abs half the time when you do sit ups, you're just using momentum and your lower back in an unhealthy way.

Crunches, leg raises, bicycle crunches, flutter kicks and planks are all much better exercises.
>>
>>35521420
Yes, you should wipe off the mat (not mattress, unless you've mistaken Ikea for a gym) when you're done. It'll have your sweat all over it, won't it?
>>
>wiping machines off when you're done
Home gym master race. Only thing I wipe after lifting is tears off my face because I'm alone.
>>
>>35521306

A couple,

1) hot chicks are usually tagged by other people at the gym so you better make sure a chick is free if you want to talk to them otherwise you could end up in trouble. A lot of chicks use a plastic clip on their shoes to show that they're tagged by someone at the gym, the kind you use to close up opened plastic bags. Not all gym culture's do this but it's very common.

2) It's common in some countries to tip the receptionist. I don't know how it is in yours.

3) Return all the weights to their proper station.

4) Wipe off sweat when appliceable. Remember to throw away the paper towel.
>>
>>35522102
>m'lady
>>
>>35522102
A plastic clip on their shoes? What the fuck mate. I have never seen that shit in my life.
>>
>>35521306
>recently started boxing
>would love to do some shadow boxing to warm up for lifting and to go over the technique I learned during my last boxing practice
>afraid of being considered a douche
>>
File: 1450474191406.jpg (106 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1450474191406.jpg
106 KB, 500x500
>>35522062
same here senpai
>>
>>35521306
yeah, there are a lot of rules in the gym, and everyone knows them except you.

and they're all waiting to laugh at you when you unknowingly break them.

and when you do, that chick you'll never sleep with will never sleep with you.

and they'll call the police and revoke your membership.

and close your facebook

and tell your mum.
>>
File: 1448138350233.jpg (15 KB, 352x370) Image search: [Google]
1448138350233.jpg
15 KB, 352x370
>>35522158
>>
>>35521306
Don't use more than one station at a time. Don't use benches for dumb shit. Go do planks at home.
>>
if your gym has a designated stretching room, usually that's where people do sit ups/push ups.
aside from wiping shit down, RE RACK YOUR FUCKING WEIGHTS. i hate watching grown ass men not put their weights away.
>>
>>35521306
Bring your own towel, shaker cup, and squat plug to the gym.
>>
on the decline situp bench?
>>
Leave the moment you shit yourself. My buddy was responding to a call to a gym. Shows up and the girl at the desk points up a guy sitting on a bench doing shoulder presses. Walks up and the stench finally hits him. Buddy is all like" ay m8, its time to go". Well ShitsMcGee still wanted to finish his set( how fucking long was it between the call and buddy arriving I can only imagine). Shit squeezing out of his shorts like soft serve ice cream my buddy had to put on his gloves and call for backup and for some paramedics. Your tax dollars at work
>>
My gym has an alarm if anyone drops their weights on the ground too hard.
>>
>>35521420

The only thing you need to wipe off the mattress is your cum after I'm done banging you, bby.
>>
File: TopBantzM8.jpg (13 KB, 720x303) Image search: [Google]
TopBantzM8.jpg
13 KB, 720x303
>>35522062
>>
File: 1431653965002.png (8 KB, 322x227) Image search: [Google]
1431653965002.png
8 KB, 322x227
RERACK THE FUCKING WEIGHTS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>35522272
>towel
Good
>shaker
Gotta hit that anabolic window eh dr b. Rosky
>Squat plug
Stop
>>
>>35522137

well have you checked?
>>
>>35522102
>1) hot chicks are usually tagged by other people at the gym so you better make sure a chick is free if you want to talk to them otherwise you could end up in trouble. A lot of chicks use a plastic clip on their shoes to show that they're tagged by someone at the gym, the kind you use to close up opened plastic bags. Not all gym culture's do this but it's very common.

What the fuck? This has to be bait.
>>
>>35522453
>Welcome to planet fitness.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.