[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Planet Bullshit Commercials
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2
Just saw this on tv. What.....the.....fuck...

https://youtu.be/vQfmpXsLV_4
>>
>>35519329
It has a audience that it panders to. Not your problem, because you are not some mediocre piece of shit, but nothing wrong with picking a market, and marketing to it.
>>
Jesus read the comments to that video... People are so dumb.
>>
Good niche market to appeal to. Dont you appreciate good business strategy, OP?
>>
I happen to go to Planet Fitness as its the only gym in town. I don't really have another comparison point, but do other gyms have as much people that don't really do much but hang around?
>>
>>35519384
They need to at least change the name to "Planet Acceptance*"

*except we don't accept fit people
>>
I want to go to the type of gym that all these Planet Fitness commercials attempt to make fun off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4JFU6_ZYS8

It is what someone born in the 90s thinks the 80s were like.
>>
>>35519400
honestly, It isn't really different from any other gym. It was fine, people just hate the philosphy. I personally didn't like the one I went to, because

-no bench
-no squat rack
-no barbell
-free weight dumbbells only to 60 pounds.
>>
>>35519400
Its more fearmongering than anything. I go to Golds, do my workout and thats it. Anyone victim to this bullshit probably lives in California or a college town
>>
>>35519329
>at nysc
>they have their own TV programming
>talking about working quads
>leg extensions, lunges, dumbell squats, leg press
>some shit about ovarian cancer
>close my eyes and drift away
>runner's high kicks in
>come to muttering 'worldstar, nigger'
>see a black guy in a che guevara shirt
>name him hammer and sickle cell
>leave

Fuck cardio.
>>
>>35519329
My sister who goes there told me they have a "Lunk Alarm (tm)". If someone is grunting too loudly or drops a weight, they fucking blast the entire gym with any obnoxious siren and send staff off to confront the lunk. I'm not making this shit up or exaggerating it. And they namely just pick on the weights section and forgive the cardio section. And then their entire weights section is shit/underequipped/purposely lacks 45s just to fuck with "lunks". They hand out pizza the first monday of the month. What a joke.
>>
>>35519669
In the one I go to the only alarm is in the weight lifting area. They also seriously down graded that area at some point.
>>
>>35519700
I went to that place one time off of my sis's membership. Beyond everything I complained about with the lack of plates... they had 4 benches in this *huuuuge* fucking gym, 4. They were always taken, all of them, at all times. There was like, after 15 pounds, only one set of each dumbbell. In what fucking world is that acceptable? Even cardio bunnies fucking need benches. Meanwhile they've bought over 50 treadmills alone. I get that they're working that business model but the shit is ridiculous and the fact that they hand out free pizza is actually an entertaining punchline. I do respect it as a viable business model, if not a shitty excuse for a gym. It made me realize having things like towels is a luxury.
>>
>>35519498
I think it's more code for who it really appeals to which is anti-social losers.
You can go there and not have to interact with anyone. Just smith machines, light freeweights, and isolation machines.
>>
>>35519669
I went to pf two years ago.
They had the lunk alarm thing but the only time I heard it go off was to get everyones attention because a tow truck was taking a car.
>>
>>35519669
>they namely just pick on the weights section and forgive the cardio section
Why would somebody even grunt while doing cardio?
>>
>>35519831
PF extremely upplays the whole gymtimidation thing, and while yeah the gym fuckin blows, its not AS bad as they say. It works if you fucking work it. I gained 40 lbs of noob gains there, just fine.
>>
>>35519831
...I feel like a broken record but *according to my sister*, just with this wave of new years resolution'ers, she had a couple fatasses virtually shrieking on the treadmill. Couldn't take the heat, I guess. But alas, no lunk alarm was pulled. Although to the gym's credit, they were far from lunks.
>>
It's literally fine for noob gains. Once you pass the 75lbs dumbbell threshold, then I think it's time to consider switching gyms
>>
>>35519451
That's all of them.
>>
Yeah, recently I've seen the 2 of the biggest people I've ever seen start going to my pf. But I just imagined that it was like that for all gyms around new years.
>>
>>35519451
>-free weight dumbbells only to 60 pounds.
Nigger I like JUST started lifting and I need bigger than that what the fuck
>>
>>35519903
Fuckin exactly. Done.
>>
>>35519903
How you gunna make noob gains without a squat rack, deadlifting platform, or bench?

60 pound goblet squats?
>>
>>35519967
Just use the fucking smith machines.. Its literally the perfect tool for developing perfecr form because if you dont use perfect form, you are fucked. And yes, suppliment with goblets and dumbbell press to activate the stabilizers.
Is it ideal? Fuck no. But it can be done. It CAN be done.
>>
>>35519903
I disagree and would call it "hardly passable." Again, you have to fucking fight for a bench. Not enough dumbbells, everyone is always going around asking you for your 45 plates, and you'll have to beg people for plates too because there's so little to go around. And you'll have to ask to work into people's sets, and you'll have people continuously bothering you to work into your set. It's *barely passable* and a huge fucking hassle.
>>
>>35519999
I guess smith machine is the perfect tool
>>
>>35519999
Nice quads, but please don't try and trick people into using the smith machine and slipping a disk.

Better off using the money to buy a bar and some real weight. You can grunt at home. I do it all the time.
>>
See what happens when you aren't allowed to deadlift and are denied heavy dumbells.

https://youtu.be/UkRlylxgpNE
>>
Well they're that it's not a gym.
>>
>>35519999
Planet fitness marketer pls go
>>
>>35520037
Even when it's packed, I have little trouble getting the dumbbell I need, and waiting for a bench hasn't been more than a couple minutes (apparently my pf has way more benches than others). There's plenty of plates and I've ever only had 1 guy ask to work in with me since I do admit, my pf literally only has 1 machine for calves, but it seems very few people there work that muscle out.
>>
>>35519999
You can make gains on a Smith but it's shit for teaching form. You have to work against it to do anything but rows and calf raises. And going ass to grass in a Smith isn't even close to doing it with a barbell.
>>
>>35520371
How do you do rows on a smith machine?

Wondering because my gym only has one squat rack and one smith machine, I hate taking up the rack for that long when its busy.
>>
>>35520188
Right*
>>
>>35520473
Row into your abs.
>>
>>35519999

Most wasted quads I've ever seen.

>Develop perfect form
>By removing muscles from the lift and forcing the bar along a set of rails no matter how wrong your balance and your activation is

Dumbass. Give those quads back.
>>
>>35520503
Like pendlay rows?
>>
>>35519999
Heh your post gave you the quads your Smith machine could not
>>
>>35519918
No it's not. Some PF are franchise and the owners put in benches and shit.

The one I used to go to was like this, then the guy sold it to some chick, and she literally turned it into a fuck all.

Shit sucks, because it was close as fuck to me, never crowded and I liked using their tanning.
>>
>>35519639
>hammer and sickle cell
I see what you did there
>>
>>35519329
Thanks for reminding me about these. Being on the opposite end of the spectrum from the group they are marketing to makes them very entertaining. They also get good fitness models, and have really good production values.
>>
>>35520542
Kek
>>
>>35520526
I think he meant inverted rows
>>
>>35519639
Thanks, man.
>>
File: 1404030637776.gif (371 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1404030637776.gif
371 KB, 500x375
>>35520559
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.