[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Please help bros,I cant squat for shit and cant do glorious SS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: hip-pain-hip-flexor.jpg (20 KB, 250x270) Image search: [Google]
hip-pain-hip-flexor.jpg
20 KB, 250x270
Please help bros,I cant squat for shit and cant do glorious SS like this.

After squating I feel the zones in pic related burning,and when I touch them I can kinda feel the beat of my heart.

I cant manage to activate my glutes too,I mostly use my quads and pic related to squat,so I dont know wtf to do.
>>
>>35518494
Had the exact same problem when I first started squatting. Try widening your stance (shoulder width or a little further). The pain for me was a flexibility issue. After a few weeks of squatting it went away
>>
>>35518494
Sounds like AIDs
>>
>>35518581
Listen to this guy
>>
>>35518494
KEEP LIFTING
E
E
P

L
I
F
T
I
N
G
>>
>>35518581
>>35518591
Don't listen to these guys
>>
>>35518494
I would check out the stretching and mobility section in the sticky
>>
>>35518574
Thanks man,I will keep squatting with the bar empty till I stop feeling it then.
>>35518657
Checked it,links dont work.
>>
>I can feel the beat of my heart

google "Femoral pulse" .
>>
Used to have this problem too... you've got tight hip flexors which happens from sitting all day (car, desk, etc.)

Make sure you warm up before your warm up squats. Squatting the bar is not enough for mobility. Google "DeFranco's Agile 8", works for me.

What really helped with my tight hip flexors was lying on a lacrosse ball positioned right under the flexors, and getting dat dear deep myofascial release.
>>
I had this problem for a long time and it really made my squat imbalanced. Here's what you can do:

>start doing bodyweight squats in your free time as a stretch
>sit at the bottom of the squat and push your knees out with your elbows, with you hands in a sort of prayer position
>start looking up how to breathe and brace your core (Valsalva maneuver)
>warm up properly
>buy some squat shoes, I recommend Wei-Rui as they're cheap and good quality
>learn to lowbar squat; i found it to actually help this problem mostly because I was widening my stance
>>
File: 1436810083992.jpg (28 KB, 496x364) Image search: [Google]
1436810083992.jpg
28 KB, 496x364
>>35518732
You should still do some research to look into increasing hip flexor flexibility. It's a very common area to be tight in
>>
>>35518851

Also regarding glute activation, focus on pushing through your heels at the bottom and squeezing your buttocks together at the top of the movement.
>>
>>35518851
I already tried doing some stretches before squatting but shit doesnt help.

Im checking that defrancos thing now.

Thanks man.
>>
>>35518866
Already warming up before squats doing the elbow thing.

Im gonna try this vasalva thing next time I squat.
>>35518874
I did it and I always stretch before working out it doesnt help.
>>35518882
Already pushing with my heels,trying really hard to feel anything in my glutes but I always end using only quads and hip flexors and its so frustrating.

I've stopped lifing twice and after the first day of squats I have terrible quad doms but glutes and hams are always ok.
>>
>>35518851
>>35518891
Limber 11 is better m8
>>
>>35518980
Will check it too
>>
lunges and quad stretches

you probably have APT. i did. do corrective stretches daily, my pain went away after 2 weeks.
>>
Do Chris Duffin's squat warm up
>>
>>35518494
Get a black foam roller and really dig into your hips. It will hurt but that is a good pain embrace it. Keep come reading until the tension relaxes.
>>
Sounds a bit like hip impingement (femoral acetabular impingement), google it and if it sounds like you, I would recommend rehab the before you start squatting again
>>
That's the hip flexors OP. It'll feel like shit when you start out. Trust me, I'm speaking from experience. Unfortunately there's no simple fix. Just keep squatting. Eventually it will go away.

Also try this >>35518574. Wider, low bar squat can alleviate the pain a little.
>>
Torn/tight/impinged rectus femoris.

Kelly Starrett hip squat sequence
helped me. Look on YouTube. Third world squats everyday for a few minutes. This stuff + squatting regularly fixed mine in less than two months.
>>
>>35519737
Starett has some good material out there, get Supple Leopard if you havent yet OP
>>
your hips are tight as fuck.
stretch them.
become a supple leopard
>>
>>35519703
Will do,thanks
>>35519723
Nah man,I kept squatting but after 2 weeks of SS I started feeling pain in my hip flexors every day,and had to wait almosta month to stop feeling pain.
>>
>>35520274
>>35520672
it's probably legit, but the phrase "supple leopard" makes me want to burn down an orphanage
>>
i had this same exact problem. this may sound like a joke but pull up your pants. your adonis belt area is being pinched by whatever pants you're wearing. i got prettied worried and thought it was a sports hernia, turned out there was no problem at all
>>
>>35518494
had the same problem - zones in pic felt like tight straps with zero flexibility, which kept me from going below parallel. found out I wasn't sitting back enough during the squat, and I couldn't do that without falling over because of shitty ankle mobility.

it took about 4 months (im incredibly inflexible) to fix this, and i did it using this warm up:

1. hold on to the side of the squat rack, and squat down slowly as far as you can - keeping your back upright. once you're down as far as you can go, hold for about 20 seconds, stand up and walk around, then repeat.

2. grab a 25lb plate and hold it out about a foot in front of you. try doing a squat like this, staying as upright as you can. if you cant make it below parallel, then repeat step 1.

keep doing this until your legs are flexible enough to do several reps with a 25lb plate being held in front of you. then squat the bar, but learn to do it low bar instead of high. after a few months youll find that you'll suddenly be able to start adding a lot of weight every week, since your flexibility issues and any sort of imbalances you have will be fixed. i seriously was doing reps with 65lbs for two months, and suddenly over three weeks shot up to 200lbs.
>>
>>35518494
Does it hurt right now if you raise your leg? If it does, you got tendonitis. Ice the area several times per day and rest for a couple weeks, after that start with light weights.
>>
>>35518601
Don't listen to this guy
>>
>>35523196
this also when you are down in squat possition holding the rack try to relax and go as deep as you can also move from side to side and up and down to settle into position. I do it every warm up
>>
>>35523411
It started to hurt on the 3rd or 4th week of SS,so I stopped squatting.

And yes I took a break but shit keeps happening and i'm pretty sure that if I start squatting again and increasing the weights shit will happen again.
>>
>>35525610
start doing Bulgarian split squats with barbell
>>
>>35518494

probably your psoas muscles
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.