[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does the middle of my chest feel like it's going to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: 300px-Dips.png (69 KB, 300x273) Image search: [Google]
300px-Dips.png
69 KB, 300x273
Why does the middle of my chest feel like it's going to explode when I'm doing dips? It also keeps hurting for a while after I'm done

Pic related
>>
>>35517250
It's cancer.
>>
pls respond

>>35517270
or maybe I'm pregnant amirite
>>
Bump. I get his
>>
it goes away you pussies
>>
>>35517250
You are leaning forward.
Try and work on keeping your torso upright.
>>
i get this during dumbbell bench if I let my tightness slip.

Its costocondritis
>>
>>35517250
Be careful, you can crack your sternum doing that. Stay more upright.
>>
>>35517366
>>35517380
I'll try that, thanks

>>35517372
But costocondritis is an inflammation
>>
>>35517364
Yeah I got it when I first started doing dips, then it disappeared.
>>
>>35517380
I've got this pain before. Had it bad once, stretched chest, cracked super loud, hurt to breathe.

I don't know why I'm telling you this story but have fun with it.
>>
>>35517250
I used to have the same thing. It gets worse the more I lean forward. The thing that is hurting is the where your sternum is connected to your ribs. I never figured out how to solve this problem, eventually had an inflammation of the sternum for a while. So I just don't do dips. I actually like this exercise, but I just do something else instead, whatever.
>>
>>35517250

Don't do dips. Some people simply cannot do them without fucking up their shoulders or feeling pain in the sternum.

It's not even that good of an exercise. Do closegrip bench instead.
>>
>>35517250
Do you have a gf?
>>
File: 5067343113_42fece30d6.jpg (69 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
5067343113_42fece30d6.jpg
69 KB, 500x500
>>35517891
>dips
>not that good
>>
Might be symptoms of costocondritis starting up. Warm up before dips.

I got this when I was doing bw+3plate dips, sternum would crack when I stretched and bother me throughout the day. Had to stop for a few months, and slowly get back to it. Just dont go crazy on the weight or rep increments. Go slow and warm up.
>>
>>35517366
Wait that's what I'm doing wrong? I thought that's supposed to isolate the chest?
>>
File: triceps-exercises.jpg (26 KB, 596x446) Image search: [Google]
triceps-exercises.jpg
26 KB, 596x446
How long have you been lifting? If your just starting it could be that body weight is to much (no shame in that l, gotta crawl before you can squat)

If so you should do this to build up to real dips
>>
>>35518638
nah thats not the same just do assisted dips
>>
>>35518429
>3 pl8 dips
>>
>>35517250

Got this the first time I did dips & it went went away a week later. You'll be fine.
>>
You won't Crack your sternum doing that, dips don't only work your tris you know... ever heard of straight bar dips?
>>
>>35518638
these are bad
>>
>>35517366
I thought you were supposed to lean forward to put more stress on the chest

I was told the degree of lean shifts the bulk of the exercise from the triceps to the chest.
>>
Static homds in gymnastic rings will cure this
>>
>>35519664
Why, you fucktwatt?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.