[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /fit/ How long would you suggest staying with Stronglifts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: o-DRINKING-MILK-facebook.jpg (273 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
o-DRINKING-MILK-facebook.jpg
273 KB, 2000x1000
Hey /fit/ How long would you suggest staying with Stronglifts 5x5 for?
Currently been on it 2.5 months
>>
>>35514716
Until linear progression stops, usually after the second or third deload
>>
>>35514716
When linear progress stops and everything is on check.
>>
>>35514716
As long as it works for at least 2 of the exercises. I say at least 2 because doing SL when only your squat is going up and the rest are already stalled is retarded.
>>
Is SL a good routine? Dunno if start sl or ss
>>
>>35514769
Im a twig
>>
>add 2.5kg/5lb each workout for as long as you can

In each side of the bar???
>>
>>35514769
Doesn't matter, just do one for a few months to learn the lifts and getting used to move weights, then hop onto a real program with volume work.
>>
>>35514769
Either is fine. As long as you're doing bench, squat, deadlift, OHP, and one other barbell compound you're gonna do great. Switch to 5/3/1 or greyskull after 2 squad deloads and 1 deadlift deload.
>>
i'll take the opportunity to make a question
what are some famous lifting programs, also recomended for begginers, that do not involve progression? i just want a stable program to follow
>>
>>35514868
forgot to add: im looking for whole exercises, not sure how you can it, the ones with barbell/dumbell, like stronglifts, not that faggot shit leg press and machine exercises etc
>>
>>35514892
*call it
fucking english
>>
Been doing 5x5 but my lifts have almost completely stalled. Don't know what to switch to though.
>>
>>35514935
switch to 3x5
>>
>>35514868
I... don't understand

Why would you want to start lifting weights but make no progress?
>>
>>35514980
Progress in temrs of health and maybe looks. I don't want to get stronger nor lift more weights.
>>
>>35515071
go on...
>>
>>35515071
Ok, so you just want to cut. No prob, do any routine, just don't overload, focus on maintaining your current numbers.
>>
>>35515179
I apologize I'm not very much of a /fit/izen.
what does the term "just want to cut" mean?
like, trying to get rid of fat and build a little muscle to get a goal body (ie 6 pack)
>>
>>35515252
Yes, cutting means getting rid of body fat by dropping your weight dieting at the same time you lift. You won't get any noticeable muscle whilke doing this, though. To build muscle you need to eat lots and train properly.
>>
File: healthyishappy.png (10 KB, 811x212) Image search: [Google]
healthyishappy.png
10 KB, 811x212
>>35515277
Nice, thanks. It's what I want.
I was thinking of doing picture related but I've come to realize it might not be a good idea. Whats your input.
>>
>>35514851
>>35514866
Thank you a lot guys. I hope I can get great strenght gains. I'll try to mantain a bulking diet. I'll eat 3 whole meals per day.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.