[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Start Bodyweight
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: BASIC ROUTINE INFOGRAPHIC.jpg (2 MB, 2481x6600) Image search: [Google]
BASIC ROUTINE INFOGRAPHIC.jpg
2 MB, 2481x6600
So /fit/, what do you think ?
I'm usually boxing 3 times/week, thought I would add this between my sessions.
>>
No one did it ?
>>
If you're using all of these extra props to do bodyweight exercises, whats the point of doing bodyweight excercises?
>>
>>35512748
>no heavy loads on your spine and joints
>not paying for a gym membership or a home gym
>>
>>35512234
Remove planks and add back bridge. You will thank me later.
>>
>>35512748
Because it's free dumbo
>>
>>35512789
>>no heavy loads on your spine and joints
This is somewhat false.

Barbell is way easier on your wrists than bodyweight is. Especially those diamond and wall push ups.

Otherwise, weight is weight, be it machine, barbell or your own body.
>>
>>35512825
>have wrist pain from physical labor
>start going crow stands
>wrists stronger than ever
>pain completely gone

fuck you, you dont know what you are talking about
>>
>>35512234

If you are serious about making any kind of noticeable long term progress gym equipment is indispensable.
And don't give me the "I don't have money for gym" excuse. There are gyms as cheap as $10-20 per month, if you can't afford that you should kill yourself anyways.
>>
File: svenalex1.jpg (2 MB, 2048x914) Image search: [Google]
svenalex1.jpg
2 MB, 2048x914
>mwf fit doesnt know shit about calisthenics

bodyweight stuff plenty of muscle you ding dongs, just go check youtube guys like Fortress, Calisthenicmovement and FitnessFaqs

Pic related, they only do calisthenics
>>
>>35512825
i agree, but you never lift 400lb using calisthenics. at most you can lift your bodyweight using one limb for the equivalent to 2x bodyweight, and that's shady because many barbell exercises move the body anyway. so overall it's harder to lift as big a weight as with barbells
>>
>>35512274
I did it.
Maxed out the squat, leg raise and plank progressions after 3 months and progressing slowly on the others.
Except for the ability to do pistol squat box jumps (neat party trick), it didn't do shit.
Still looked exactly as skinny-fat as before.
So I started lifting weights instead.
>>
>>35512932
Nice theory bro.
When you can lift your body with one limb, you start to change the angle and decrease your leverage.
You can increase resistance beyond what any human could push.
>>
>>35512894
>calisthenics for 5-6 years
>one year of lifting
Those bodies are not impressive. The difference is endurance and more impressive moves, but if you want the bulked look you need to lift, simple as that.
>>
>>35512932
You will never do one arm pull up with weight training. whats your point?
>>
>>35513049
Post pic, i bet alex and sven are bigger and more aesthethic than you

>that body in a year

okay, you have been lifting less than 6 motnhs
>>
If I can vouch for one thing in my life. It'll definitely be for the benefits of body weight routines, whether weighted or just strictly body weight. I've grown so much from basic pull up push up routines, yes I'm in the gym benching and squatting, and also training muay thai, and body weight movements help in every aspect. Do it.
>>
>>35513063
Lol. u jelly.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.