[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If SL is a fullbody program wheree you work all your muscles
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
If SL is a fullbody program wheree you work all your muscles 3x week how come:
You row once or twice a week, Meaning on workout A you dont even use your lats.
You Bench once or twice a week meaning on workout A you dont use chest. Inb4 : >OHP Is a chest exercise
Fuck off.
Splits are 10 times beetter fatties. All the big guys at my gym told me that im a retard when I said I do SL
>>
1. At beginner level you don't even need accessories.

2. Deadlift hits your back hard. If your form is right, your lats are doing heavy ass work to stabilize shoulders.

3. It is not even needed to hit chest 3x a week directly. Actually it would be worse, because you would not be able to recover enough to hit it as hard as you should to be able to progress. And OHP uses same pressing muscles with a different distribution, making it an excellent variation. When you get that bench up to +100kg, then start to add accessories if you want.

But remember, that if you don't like the program, then don't do it. You should enjoy this stuff. But don't think that you know better than pple with years and years of experience under their belt.
>>
>>35509015
The big guys at your gym are probably beyond SL. It's a beginner routine aiming to make you able to squat heavy so you can continue with another program
>>
That's why you do assistance exercises, everytime I go to my gym everyone is fighting for space on with dumbells everywhere, nobody really comes near the power rack, so faggots can stay with their dumballs and split whatever they want. I have made real good progress and have put around 3 kg in just over a month. To 65kg... I weighted 60kg just after I came out of hospital, but I need to go back for an op so before that I wanna get to 68 or even 70kg...I have maybe another month and a half...stop being a faggot and lift.
I really really like how simple SL is, suits me and Im seeing results. I love deadlifting in front of normie gym goers
>>
>>35509015
You should be adding Dips and Pullups at the end as well desu senpai
>>
>>35509015
>splits are better
Requesting that study that showed full body is better literally all around, not only in terms of strength but also size.
You're an idiot OP, stay weak.
>>
>>35509015
The purpose of a routine like SL is to take you from untrained to beginner as quickly as possible using the big multijoint, compound, barbell movements. It's as much about grooving the lifts as it is getting stronger. Which, in the early stages is the same. Once you've burned out your newbie gains, then switch to a routine more in line with your personal goals. But you should stick to a beginner's workout for 6~24 weeks depending on when you start stalling on your lifts.
>>
>>35509102
Saw some guys doing splits, but when it came to deadlifts they couldn't lift heavy at all, and had the shittiest form, faggots like you OP should stick to machines
>>
>>35509102
Actually you're an idiot 2. Those studies are done with beginners. Splits are great for advanced people.
>>
>>35509121
>speaking out of his ass
The study in question actually was done on intermediate level lifters. If you don't actually know the study I'm talking about, then shut up.
>>
>>35509015
>complains about not working muscles enough on a full body
>suggests a split is better.
You're a special kind of stupid called "super stupid"
>>
>>35509015
For people who are new to the gym and have never had any athletic background, sl 5x5 is decent
>>
>>35509015
Thats why you add the dips and chin ups as accessories like mehdi says.
>>
File: 1431261722500.jpg (73 KB, 357x476) Image search: [Google]
1431261722500.jpg
73 KB, 357x476
>>35509109
This

Its a routine primarily for beginners to slowly progress on the big lifts but more importantly learn proper form on these lifts and the app makes it easy to track for beginners also.

Great gains can be made with SL , in late 2013 I started SL and by early 2015 I took my shirt off in front of my ex GF and her spaghetti flew everywhere because I actually made good gains.

If youre a beginner, just stick with it for 6 months, eat well and big, you'll learn form and change your body!

also anyone who says its a ripoff of SS is full retard and doesnt know who Reg Park is.
>>
>>35509188
It is a ripoff. Mehdi ripped it off of Rippetoe. Rippetoe ripped it off Bill Starr. Bill Starr ripped it off Reg Park. Ref Park ripped it off Doug Hepburn. And at that point we're at the beginning of plate loading barbells, when everyone was experimenting with every rep range they could think of. So who the fuck knows who that club footed Canadian got it from. It's not like it matters. Just do what works.
>>
A common misconception is to think that a fullbody routine/program has to work every single muscle every single session. The beauty of fullbody training is that it's so flexible - You can pretty much set it up any fucking way you want.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.