[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Intermittent Fasting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: SION.png (92 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
SION.png
92 KB, 256x256
Hey Fit. Recently started Intermittent Fasting about 3 or so weeks ago. Heard it from many websites, etc. Specifically a guy named Greg O' Gallagher or Kinobody as hes called on youtube. Just looking for some opinions on Intermittent Fasting. It seems legit but would love to hear feedback. Currently trying to drop weight and tone a bit.
>>
File: 1450130442038.jpg (45 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1450130442038.jpg
45 KB, 600x600
Greg please go and stay go
>>
Intermittent fasting is just an easier way of calorie restricting for some people. at the end of the day it's calories in/calories out. count your calories and watch your macros, use an app and it's super easy, thats all you need. that being said, in my personal experience i find it much easier to deal with the hunger of caloric deficit when skipping breakfast and drinking coffee all morning instead.
>>
>>35508530
Go away kinobody shill

Saged and reported
>>
>>35508545
He claims he eats over 2500 calories maybe more as he says he doesn't strictly count calories. Also says that he only goes to the gym 2 to 3 times per week. Ive been dropping weight for a bit off and on now. Started at 235 and down to 189. Just trying to make things go a bit smoother.
>>
>>35508545
This. It works great for some people. For others it's hell. If you're naturally a "grazer" you might do better on a restricted diet eating small meals throughout the day. That's how my wife is. I'm good with eating just once a day. It all depends on how *your* body reacts. All of this really depends on personal responses to stimuli. You'll need to experiment and find what works best for you.
>>
>>35508545
I've been doing it for half a year now. I feel way better than before, and I got stronger in the first month. I guess those hormone optimizing effects are real.
But yeah, it's calories in vs calories out. You need to combine it with a proper diet to get results. It's not magic. I speak from experience.
You don't want to overdo it. Don't go under 6 hours of eating a day. Don't even think about 40 hour fasting. You will lose gains. I've had all these mistakes.
I've been able to get to 9-10% bf with IF + IIFYM. But I still have decent love handles at this point because of shit genetics. Now that I plateaud, I started carb cycling to get more lean. I hope this will work.
>>
>>35508666
If carb cycling doesn't work you can try a reverse diet as well.
>>
>>35508688
what is that?
>>
>>35508666
I myself fast for about 16 to 18 hours. I have a snack or my first meal at around after 2pm, then my last meal around 9pm. I like the lean feeling I get from it, and overall my stomach feels generally better.
>>
>>35508697
It's a way to counteract your weight loss plateau, or metabolic fatigue (some people call it starvation mode but they're idiots).

Up your calories 500/wk until you notice a weight gain to get everything back in balance. Then start your cut over. Carb cycling does something similar. It's just a different tactic to try to rejuvenate your metabolism.
>>
>>35508730
This is interesting.
Now I started doing carb cycling with the Brandon Carter approach: having 1 cheat day every week, when I eat all kinds of shit to get my metabolism running.
>>
>>35508760
Yeah that's solid. Pizza and beer Saturday.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.