[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who here works out twice a day?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: 1411964565090.png (283 KB, 623x469) Image search: [Google]
1411964565090.png
283 KB, 623x469
who here works out twice a day?
>>
depends what you mean. sometimes ill do cardio later in the day after my workout.

but lifting twice a day? no.
>>
>>35508065
Most days, yeah.
>>
>>35508072
i mean lifting AND cardio, twice in one day
>>
because if cardio isnt part of your routine, you're doing yourself a disservice.
>>
>>35508170
i'd rather be a fat powerlifter than throw away all my gains on cardio
>>
>>35508164
so for example lifting+cardio in the morning and then later lifting+cardio again in the evening?
>>
If you have anything left to workout a second time in one day then you didnt try hard enough the first time.
>>
>>35508065
i used to run in the morning around 7-8:00 for like 5km or so and go to gym around 18:00 or so, but now im only doing gym cos too much workout is too much.
>>
>>35508065

Marathonfag here. My week looks like this:

Mon: 5 miles AM with wife, 5 miles PM with wife and dog
Tues: 3-4 miles AM with wife and dog, 3-5 mile hard tempo with 2 miles slow jog warm up and 2 miles slow jog cool down, followed by lifting (squat, dragonflags, curl to press, db rows, dl, planks, lat pulldowns)
Wed: 10 easy on my own
Thur: same as Tues but replace tempo with either sprints, VO2max intervals, or a longer slower tempo. Replace curls and rows with pullups and dips, replace dl with box jumps, replace lat pulldowns with bench.
Fri: off or 10 miles easy
Sat: long run with wife, 13-20 miles (first 4-5 miles with dog)
Sun: 5 miles AM easy with wife and dog, 5 miles PM easy with wife.
>>
>>35508065
Is there actually a benefit to lifting twice a day? Figured you'd run into diminishing returns.
>>
>>35510715
>Sat: long run with wife, 13-20 miles (first 4-5 miles with dog)
So after the first 4-5 miles you send your dog home on his own like some ww2 carrier pigeon?
>>
File: 1431213523784.jpg (12 KB, 640x404) Image search: [Google]
1431213523784.jpg
12 KB, 640x404
>>35508170
this

if you dont do any cardio at all, youre not fit

farmers walks
>>
>>35511025

We run a 4 or a 5 mile loop with the dog that ends at home, drop her off there, then go out to finish our run together. Though she's a fairly smart dog; I couldn't train her to return home if we were out running, but we run the same routes with her regularly enough that if she ever got loose she could easily find her way home.
>>
>>35510992
Olympic lifters do it, although large amounts of steroids are required.
>>
>>35511455
it depends, i'm a natty lifter and during holidays if i've got nothing better to do i train even 10times a week, obv you cant squat all the them 5/10 sessions are just tech and speed work. you can still squat 6xweek and make hella gainz (315 to 335 front squat in 3 weeks lads) if you spread the volume correctly
>>
>>35511455
Yeah and Id say no to the roids.

They often do heavy-light in the same day and stuff.

You can do e.g. an upper lower split training 2x a week 2x a day. Do lower in the morning, upper in the evening/afternoon. Bam.
>>
>>35508164
So you put little to no effort in the first time so you can say you lift twice a day? Waste of time and energy, likely you're NEET. Naw son, if you're not leaving it all on the floor, you're not gonna make it.
>>
>>35511608
>WHEN YOU LIFT IF YOU ARENT SO FUCKING EXHAUSTED YOU CANT EVEN WALK THEM YOU DIDNT GO HARD ENOUGH AND WILL MAKE 0 GAINS

when will this meme end
>>
>>35511636

if you can go back to the gym later that night and continue to work out, you didn't work hard enough the first time
>>
>>35510715
but how much you bench bro?
>>
>>35511660
you know how i know you bench less than 2 pl8s?
>>
>>35511660
man but after 3 hours you're recovery
>>
>>35511697

Not much. I do 3 to 4 sets of 8, and I try to do them for power. Currently use 125. I've thought about using 135, but that little extra really takes away from any speed I have doing the reps. Which sucks, because I'd really like to be able to say I do at least one plate for reps.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.