[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright, total /fit/ newfag hear, but I need some help, some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: muay thai.jpg (790 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
muay thai.jpg
790 KB, 1680x1050
Alright, total /fit/ newfag hear, but I need some help, some suggestions, some motivation; anything.
I want to learn Muay Thai. I already have sessions lined up with a coach and everything, so that aspect is fine. The thing is, I'm not in the best shape. I'm decent, not unhealthy or overweight, but I don't really work out. What I want from you guys is any suggestions as to how to get into it. Workout routines I should be doing, a certain mindset I should have, anything. I don't think I'll be getting supplements or any of that just yet, but I can feel motivation and I really want this for myself. It will raise my self confidence a bit and I think my girlfriend could really go for it.
Anything helps, thanks.
>>
>>35507947
>Read
>The
>Sticky

For the mental game here's why I do:
>No masturbation, I let my girl satisfy my sexual desires
>Come up with a keyword when you're working out, repeat it every time you feel tired or right when you're about to being. I like slapping my chest and saying "warrior" over and over again, makes me feel good
>Lift things and put them down
>>
>>35507961
what*
>>
>>35507947

>wants to learn a martial art
>hasn't even begun to exercise

but y tho?
>>
Your MT coach will beast you with cardio, that's all you need.
>>
Muay Thai fag here. Tell him you want to focus on the clinch. That is how fights are won.
>>
>>35507961
The workout word sounds fun.

>Slaps dick and yells "GUMMIBEARS!"
>>
>>35507947

Just do muay thai. I don't know anything about it, but I know most martial arts give you a good enough work out as it is.If anything, work on cardio. Lots of cardio, martial arts workouts require it most of the time...But like seriously /LOTS/ of cardio. Running, jogging, maybe squats, power exercises, ect.
>>
File: 1391295270285.jpg (11 KB, 223x260) Image search: [Google]
1391295270285.jpg
11 KB, 223x260
>>35508031
God damn it, anon.
>>
>>35507947
>>35508033

Also just don't worry. I started TKD and Jiu-Jitsu when I was relatively out of shape. You go there to get in shape, not get in shape to go there. Just don't be nervous and do your best. Get dat Bruce Lee mindset going once you're into it.
>>
>>35507947
i dunno about muay thai, i'm a boxing man myself, but if you're just a beginner i'd recommend just cardio and maybe some bodyweight stuff. fighting is a lot harder than it looks, but a lot of it is really just endurance.

skipping is the best for cardio. it will help a lot with footwork and it's really fun when you get good at it.

as for bodyweight stuff, just try building a bit of muscle with like push ups, pull ups and squats. don't repeat the same exercise 2 days in a row.
>>
>>35507947
Do the first 3 months everything what your trainer is telling you. Period. Later in your "career" you will notice how doing 1000of push ups and crunches will fuck with your gainz but in the first time just do what your trainer says. First 3 months is the hardest time in muay thai.
>>
Ask your trainer.

Strength training obviously couldn't hurt though
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.