[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is building entire body on sprinting alone real or just a meme?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7
File: sanicsprint.jpg (73 KB, 604x427) Image search: [Google]
sanicsprint.jpg
73 KB, 604x427
Is building entire body on sprinting alone real or just a meme?
>>
>>35507011
>swinging your limbs
>making gains
>>
>>35507011
>Sonic
>2nd place
reported
>>
Sprinting alone? Definitely not. You'll burn fat with a good diet and cardio, but you need to build muscle through muscle exercises. Your leg muscles will become prominent but that's it. The big reason abs are associated with runners is because they burn enough fat for those muscles to be clearly visible.
>>
File: 1379888004648.jpg (51 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
1379888004648.jpg
51 KB, 500x400
>>35507011
They say its good to fast intermittently
>>
>>35507011
Tbh, my did step-brother only did running, but as a sport.
He was like top 10 in my country's teenage division sprinting and/or running.
He got decently built, but no big arms.
So if what you're going for is low BF and defined legs/ass it is good for that.
>>
>>35507011
but can the flash beat super sonic in a race?
>>
>>35507011
Why do you think elite sprinters uses strength training?
>>
>>35507033
dont remember the faggots name on the left but he cant fucking teleport.
>teleport
>3rd place
>>
Sprinting isn't going to make you big, but it will build the muscles engaged in sprinting (though not as much as resistance training).

The main full body benefit of sprinting is that it will have you pumping out natural growth hormone and the like, which will aid muscle development. So coupling sprinting with your normal workout routine is probably an alright idea so long as you are eating.
>>
>>35507011
They will get you lean and give you big strong legs, but a movement that really doesn't involve your upper body will not do anything for your upper body. If you are looking for a minimalist routine you could do sprints, pushups, and pullups and have a pretty solid and balanced physique.
>>
>>35507033
>>35507965
I don't think you understand how fast the flash truly is. He is the most overpowered hero in the DC universe and could easily defeat every other character if he wanted to. Sonic can't even break light speed and in the time it took the other dude's brain to tell his body to teleport the flash would have run a billion laps around him.
>>
>>35508010
Flash once literally ran faster than instant teleportation
>>
>>35508406
Flash has once outrun death itself.
>>
File: jacked-sprinter.jpg (63 KB, 396x594) Image search: [Google]
jacked-sprinter.jpg
63 KB, 396x594
Granted they do weight training as well
>>
>>35508474
and roid a lot
>>
File: flash shitpostings.png (86 KB, 1577x261) Image search: [Google]
flash shitpostings.png
86 KB, 1577x261
>>35508010
>>
>>35508528
Infinite mass makes no sense.
Also
>Who is Dr Manhatten
>>
>>35508585
Friendly reminder that Ozymandias did nothing wrong
>>
>>35508528
The sad part is that they aren't wrong. In the cannon The Flash might as well be god.

>>35508585
The infinite mass thing is more an approximation and an oversimplification. Essentially speaking if you get anything moving above the speed of light, and that thing was physical, then it would have more or less infinite impulse on anything that it touched.

You don't understand how fucking overpowered The Flash is, look at this shit.
http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Black_Flash_(New_Earth)

They literally had to make a speedster version of death because nothing else in the cannon could kill them, then they pull this bullshit.

"It came for Wally West to draw him back to the Speed Force, but instead took Linda Park, Wally's girlfriend, into the Speed Force. It later returned to try and take Wally again, freezing time except for those who possessed a connection to the Speed Force. Max Mercury, Jay Garrick, and Jesse Quick all attempted to assist Wally by distracting the Black Flash; Wally finally defeated the Black Flash by racing it to the end of time, to a point where Death would have no meaning, causing it to dissipate."

Keep in mind, that this is just one interpretation, there are other interpretations that are far more bullshit than even this.
>>
>>35508659
>Essentially speaking if you get anything moving above the speed of light, and that thing was physical, then it would have more or less infinite impulse on anything that it touched.
This cant be proven theoretically though.
>Black Flash by racing it to the end of time, to a point where Death would have no meaning, causing it to dissipate.
same way super man killed darkseid

Anyone who can warp space or reality would wreck the flash.
>>
>>35508731
Nothing that is theoretical can really be proven, to be fair. Though I see your point for sure. It's pure postulation, but it's reasonable enough considering all the other bullshit The Flash can do.

>Anyone who can warp space or reality would wreck the flash.
I agree, but again to be fair, that also means The Flash could wreck The Flash. Keep in mind The Flash can more or less warp space and reality with the power of 2fast4u.

There's a certain point where superhero's jump the shark, then turn around mid leap and start fucking it in the ass. Once they reach that point they're essentially untouchable because there will always be some way they will be able to overcome anything in the right circumstances and where all their major weaknesses become more or less irrelevant.

There are a lot of superheroes who are in that club, and The Flash just happens to be a card carrying member of it. Meaning that debating his overall power level is more or less pointless since his power level is theoretically infinite under the right circumstances.

tl;dr
Mainstream superheroes have gotten kinda gay over the years and people who argue about them are legitimatley missing the point. The only redeeming qualities they have as characters lie in their characterization, and that differs from interpretation to interpretation. Talk about that instead.
>>
File: e77.png (845 KB, 1593x5000) Image search: [Google]
e77.png
845 KB, 1593x5000
flash isn't even the fastest character in fiction lmao
>>
File: aww you.jpg (70 KB, 963x1010) Image search: [Google]
aww you.jpg
70 KB, 963x1010
>>35507033
>>35507965
>>35508010
Yeah but who's cooler??

Minato>Sonic>Roadrunner>>>>>>>>>>comic book character LOL
>>
>>35509509
Any other examples of members of that club? (DC or Marvel and excluding the obvious Superman) I find comic shit fascinating but can never find the right time/story to jump into it.
>>
>>35511296
Scarlet Witch gained the ability to rewrite the entire universe after training with Dr. Strange, and is generally able to redefine the results of cause/effect relations. It's pretty ridiculous.
>>
>>35507033

Im pretty sure the flash is so fast that he can shake himself to a degree where his atoms split and he because Dr. Manhattan basically and can walk through walls
>>
>>35508474
FUARK!!!
>>
File: 374.jpg (66 KB, 267x400) Image search: [Google]
374.jpg
66 KB, 267x400
>>35507011
I think gymnast are better. Maye its because they start out as kids, but they always seemed super fucking jacked. Not mega huge body builder, but very ripped and athletic

my cousin is built like this almost and hes never worked out really. He did gymnastics for a long time and thats it
>>
Does sprinting affect recovery? Should I not sprint too close before or after leg day?
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.