[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay /fit/, if each muscle group needs a 48 hr recovery period,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (745 KB, 2048x1538) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
745 KB, 2048x1538
Okay /fit/, if each muscle group needs a 48 hr recovery period, is there anything theoretically wrong with an ABABABA routine? I want to lift every day because it makes me feel happy and healthy and is helping my depression a lot. I know I'm probably being an idiot, so pls help

Pic related, what I don't want to happen
>>
Muscles don't take 48 hours to recover, sometimes it takes more time sometimes it takes less. If you aren't going balls to the wall and are leaving a lot left in the tank then this is fine to do as long as you're eating enough and sleeping enough.
>>
Why not just do a 6 day ppl and use the X day as a cardio day all the benefits of recovery, being active 7 days a week and not being boring you could ask for.
>>
>>35506758
I have a ABCABC routine. Works fine for me.
>>
>>35507112
no rest?
>>
>>35506758
Do this anon.
>>35507112
ABCABC is the best imo. That one rest day makes a difference. PPL. Push Pull Legs. One day to take a day off and do whatever you like.
>>
Tendons take longer to recover, so if you're working out 6 times a week you need to deadload every 4th week IMO. I used to do ABCABCx until my AC joint in my shoulder was like 'nah' and begun to trouble me. I do 5/3/1 now, working out 4 times a week
>>
>>35507238
What is deadload? So working a body part twice a week fucked you up?
>>
Alright thanks guys! I'll do a PPL
Also how to deload
>>
>>35507232
I rest on the seventh day, brother
>>
ABxABCx

C obviously = leg day.
>>
>>35507238
>>35507263
Bad form or too much volume in your lifting days hurt your shoulder.
>>
>>35506758
Because there's more than muscles in your body that needs to recover.

Anything you can think of, has already been thought up and tried by people far better and more advanced than you.

If it's not popular, it's not efficient. And I'm not talking Crossfit popular.
>>
>>35507475
Deload basically means you do the same workout, only much lighter. Instead of squatting 5x110kg, you only do up to 5x75kg or something like that.
>>
>>35507635
Would it be better for a grill to do ABCABCx instead of ABxABCx for maximum leg gains?
>>
>>35507682
Would you lift light the whole week, then work back up to normal weight?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.