[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kind of a NYR here(started mid-December) Anyway I've started
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (109 KB, 444x444) Image search: [Google]
image.png
109 KB, 444x444
Kind of a NYR here(started mid-December)
Anyway I've started lifting and am really focusing on it. I'm really into vidya but I feel like I should sell my consoles and games. I've got;
>Xbox 360 w/ 40 games
>Xbox One w/ 8 games
I feel as long as I've got them I'll fall back into old habits and won't make it. Oh how I want to make it but I'm conflicted I feel they need to go but all my hours(Skyrim, Fallout, Forza) will be for naught. What does /fit/ think, keep them or sell them and move on.
>>
> but all my hours(Skyrim, Fallout, Forza) will be for naught

what are they worth now? still nothing, wtf

if you feel like you should sell them then maybe you should, but it's your life and you do whatever the fuck you wanna do
>>
If you don't have the self-discipline to balance the two, you're probably not going to make it breh.
>>
>not lifting and then rewarding yourself for working out by playing vidya

Not gunna make it.
>>
>>35504395
They still give me a small sense of accomplishment but not as much as they used to
>muh nostalgia
>>
>>35504414
>>35504415
These, you don't have to spend your entire day at the gym at max it's like 1.5 to 2 hours of your life

You can do both
>>
honestly you will soon realize with lifting, life is like an RPG. you pick things you wanna be good at, hone your skills, confront things, and then from there die
lifting helps you physically "level up" if you think about it, and for me was a slippery slope towards self improvement
it starts with the consistency of training, then you get your diet straightened out, next thing you know youre looking up delicious recipes to fill your macros. in a matter of months you can train yourself to be self sufficient simply because of the consistency required to see results, which will help you in other areas. the increased confidence from knowing youre accomplishing things WILL help you talk to girls and nail job interviews.

in short, lifting is the first step towards making it, anon
>>
>>35504691
Wow wise words thanks sensei anon
>>
Well, you still need something to do on rest days.

>Captcha: Select all images with pizza. Fuck you, captcha.
>>
>>35504373
I found balance between vidya and the gym. Everything in moderation
>>
Even the most dedicated person will only spend 2 hours in the gym, then you have say 7 hours of sleep and 8 hours of work so you still have another 6 hours to fill. There is nothing wrong with playing video games for a bit in your off time.
>>
Theirs nothing wrong with playing video games as long as you get everything else done. Make sure to finish work and go to the gym and then play video games. Not that hard to balance
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.