[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I fucked up /fit/ >pull day >save deadlift for last back
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 512x512
I fucked up /fit/

>pull day
>save deadlift for last back movement
>all platforms are taken
>decide to wait 10 or so minutes
>one finally opens up, proceed to do warmup sets
>work up to PR
>start doing PR sets
>3rd set final rep
>feel muscle pop in back
>fuck.jpg
>rerack immediately and head straight to stretching area for 10 minutes

What do I do? Any people with experience of this? Should I take time off? Any help would be greatly appreciated
>>
>>35500235
>snapcity.jpeg
>>
straight outta snapcity
>>
>deadlifts
>last back movement

is this even good to do
>>
>>35500235
how heavy? and when was that?
>>
"Feel muscle pop in back"
>Go to stretch

You have no idea..
>>
>>35500297
4pl8s for 3 reps a set
Happened about an hour ago
>>
>>35500322
help me, mr
>>
does it hurt? where does it hurt? can you move? is your range of motion limited? is there swelling?
>>
>>35500337
You're lucky af if it was a muscle and not your disc. And stretching after that is the worst you can do, because you can make it even worse by adding pressure there.

Put some cold on it, lie down and go see a doc if the pain radiates to your legs / glutes
>>
http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/Injuries#Bill_Starr_Rehab_for_Muscle_Pulls

also try to diagnose which particular muscle it is that you pulled. look up stretches for the quadratus lumborum and try them carefully, if they trigger the muscle up then you basically need to do a better valsalva in the future by squeezing your abs harder and not overextending your back as hard.
>>
>>35500372
it hurts only when i move my back quickly. left side, mid back. yes i can move. range of motion is fine. no swelling.

>>35500383
i'm going to ice it now. is there any need to see a doctor if you know it's 100% a muscle injury?

>>35500396
thanks for the advice, ill look now
>>
>>35500418
sounds ok, just ice it for the next 2 days and take a 2 week rest to let it heal

you can take ibuprofen to counter inflammation but I've heard it's bad for recovery so don't go overboard
>>
>>35500324
stretch a ton. I'm assuming you're pretty young and you probably pulled a muscle. As long as you pulled it and didn't actually hurt your spine you're golden. Just deadlift smarter next time.
>>
>>35500484
this is me being greedy but if it doesn't hurt by next monday, do you think i'm good to go?
>>
>>35500493
>stretch a ton
oh shit nigger what are you doing
>>
>>35500496
If you know you're being greedy, then why do you push it? Take two weeks
>>
>>35500552
alright i will. thanks a ton bro. +10 GBP
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.