[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much should you be able to bench press before you set foot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
File: edqewd.jpg (60 KB, 550x406) Image search: [Google]
edqewd.jpg
60 KB, 550x406
How much should you be able to bench press before you set foot in the gym?
>>
220lbs
>>
I was barely able to do 95 a year ago, at 215 now
>>
as much as you can
>>
bout 350.
>>
>>35499382
If you can do a proper push up half your body weight is a good rule of thumb
>>
>>35499382
If you can't bench this arbitrary number, how th fuck are you supposed to increase it without setting foot in a gym?
>>
65 should be a dyels starting weight.
>>
the bar. otherwise you would have to work your way up with DBs.
i've actually seen a guy who couldn't bench the bar.
i hope he makes it.
>>
I started at 37kg
what's funny, I started at 37kg for squats too
now I'm at 100kg for squats and 62 for bench and can't quite get bench going
>>
>>35499436
He will make it :') we all will. 1 like = 1 prayer
>>
>>35499444
>>
>>35499444
upboat
>>
>>35499444

checked, and liked
>>
>>35499382
For reps?
Or a 1rm?
>>
>>35499444
superlike
>>
700lbs raw
>>
Start with the empty bar if you have to (45lbs.) who gives a fuck?
>>
>>35499444
logged in to upvote
>>
>>35499382
1plaete
>>
File: checkem.jpg (268 KB, 736x721) Image search: [Google]
checkem.jpg
268 KB, 736x721
>>35499444
triple like.
>>
Your bodyweight
>>
>>35499444
Jim approved
>>
>>35499444
All my uplikes for you gentlesir
>>
>>35499382
noone cares how much you lift as long as you do it properly
>>
Any amount at all, your going to the gym to get stronger.
>>
I used to live with a guy who could only just bench the bar for sets of 5. God knows how someone ended up such a pussyole
>>
60kg
>>
>>35499382
The bar.
>>
I was benching 100kg when I first set foot but I was already working out for a longer period of time with the basic body-weight exercises like pull ups, push ups and dips. Anyhow most beginners I've seen start with around 30 to barely 40kg.
>>
>>35500458
Seriously
Not even to say "Lol look at this weak fucking faggot" it's like, how do you even get that far in life and have such an utter lack in muscle mass?
You'd have to deliberately avoid doing anything physical.
>>
You should be able to lift your motherfucking ass off the chair and go to the gym.
>>
>>35499444
Nice trips have this ubpta
>>
>>35499382
bout three fiddy
>>
your own weight
>>
>>35499778
This whole question means you are worried about what some other gym fag thinks of you. Before you go to the gym it's far more important that you get rid of this attitude than make sure you can bench a set amount. The gym is for you and you alone. I'm not saying be rude to people there but put your fucking headphones on and do your thing. If that means you bench the bar for the first few times so be it. That's what it's there for.

Back when I started I think I was benching something like 80 lbs. Probably got laughed at by some bros but whatever, I do a lot better now.
>>
>>35499444
like brah
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.