[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bread Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 18
File: 04-FF-bread 120-ab.jpg (486 KB, 1800x1200) Image search: [Google]
04-FF-bread 120-ab.jpg
486 KB, 1800x1200
>the year of our queen, 2016
>Still eating this nutritionless calorie dense piece of shit

Explain yourself /fit/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwO855GU01Q
>>
File: pain.jpg (58 KB, 207x616) Image search: [Google]
pain.jpg
58 KB, 207x616
Just don't get plebs bread
>>
Because it tastes great and I'm not a retard who can't into calorie management.
>>
>>35498231
Scooby got this big by eating his grandfather's bread.

I wonder what his grandpa put in that bread
>>
File: Qj9ky.png (165 KB, 300x411) Image search: [Google]
Qj9ky.png
165 KB, 300x411
>>35498681
Love
>>
>>35498681
The gay gene
>>
>>35498231
guys i swear to good, please name me alternatives. My senpai eats bread for breakfast, lunch, and nightfood, they fit, but i dont even like bread ;/
>>
>>35498231
>mfw my gf made a bunch of scrambled eggs for us to share
>mfw my gf insisted that I eat them with a tortilla.
Girls are definitely gains goblins.
In the end, I was gonna feed the tortilla to my dog, but i didn't wanna be a gains goblins to him so I just threw it away.
>>
>>35498231
>he has never bulked
lmao bread is GOAT bulking food
>>
>>35499566
Just don't, there aren't alternatives.
If you're gonna eat a sandwich, eat the ingredients as a salad esque meal with a fork.

Or I suppose you can buy protein bread, but it tastes like shit and spoils fast.
>>
File: 764574.jpg (191 KB, 968x1998) Image search: [Google]
764574.jpg
191 KB, 968x1998
>>35498681
desire to help people for the hell of it say what you want about lord scoob agree and disagree with him but hes a good guy at heart and one of the few gay people who behaves normal rather than pic related ALL THE TIME
>>
>trying to lose fat
>see this thread
>look over at the tuna on bread I was going to have
>give the bread to the dogs
Any advice on getting enough calories in a day while trying to lose fat? Yes I read the sticky just wanted to hear your opinion.
>>
>>35499682
If you're trying to cut, don't worry about getting enough, worry about getting too much.
Having a 750 defecit one day isn't going to kill your 500 defecit goal. Hell, it'll make it better. The human body can run on less than you imagine
>>
>>35499712
Ok cool because even with the bread I was am hitting within 500.
>>
Just eat the fucking bread and work out harder
>>
>>35498231
who is this guy and why isn't he wearing a shirt
>>
>>35499862
It's Zyzz he's the author of Starting strength which is a program designed around 8 hour arm workouts.
>>
you can't prove that eating bread as your source of carbs instead of let's say oats actually makes a difference
>>
>>35499915
It's everything else in the bread that's the problem.
>>
>>35498231
THAT'S what scooby sounds like?
>>
>>35498231
Good quality sourdough bread is my weakness.
>>
There is nothing wrong with REAL bread.
>not bleached
>whole grain
>sprouted
>no soy flour/oil
>no GMOs
>>
I can't live without my homemade dark rye bread.
>>
>still eating grains
kek

>b-b-but m-muh WHOLE GRAINZ!
aaaaahahahahahahaha
>>
>>35499893
underrated
>>
>Mfw got a book on baking bread for Christmas

I'm so torn between that which I love and that which I also love
>>
>>35501421

We're all ears. Lay out your peer-reviewed science articles that show whole grains are bad for us.
>>
File: MES-00073-0[1].jpg (325 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
MES-00073-0[1].jpg
325 KB, 1600x1600
Picked this up from the store today.

Ingredients: whole kernel rye, water, whole meal rye flour, oat kernels, barley kernels, flax seed, salt, oat fiber, sesame, yeast.

It's not fluffy like a wheat bread, just flat and moist and probably tastes great toasted with some avocado on it.
>>
>>35500631

Pls be in Washington DC
>>
Bread is cake. It might not have as much richness, be chocolate flavoured or be coated in coloured sugar but if you look at the ingredients you can see it's just a shitty excuse for a cake. Obviously some are a lot better than others but at the end of the day it's all cake and once that knowledge clicks you'll wonder how the fuck the rest of society convinces itself that having their daily bread is a good thing.
>>
>>35500549
>>no GMOs
Too late son, your wheat has 8 sets of chromosomes.
>>
File: fa&fit.jpg (79 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
fa&fit.jpg
79 KB, 640x360
>>35501421
Look at this sub-human, not being able to handle gluten.
Look at him and laugh. He's below niggers with lactose intolerance.
>>
Just eat below TDEE to cut, nothing else is relevant here
>>
>>35501776

Cake ingredients: white flour, eggs, sugar, butter, milk, vanilla extract. baking soda

Bread ingredients: whole grain flour, yeast, salt

The only similarity is that both include grain, but even the quality of the grain is different. You might as well be saying carrots are essentially cake because "it may not have as much richness or be coated in colored sugar but if you look at the ingredients it's just a shitty excuse for carrot cake"
>>
>Want to cut
>Bit of a poorfag
>HUNGRY
>Everything requires cooking or too much prep
>Wholemeal bread is there and ready.

Fuck, man. I really want to drop this shit and pasta too, but it's so difficult. I gym 3 times a week and while I can't lift much and have the strength of a wet noodle, I WILL do all my squats, my deadlifts, bench presses, planks and all that. I don't care, I will do them and after that I hit the treadmill for 30-45 mins cardio so I should be burning it off right? Not like I don't cook and eat well neither but my pudge just won't budge.
>>
>>35502912

Sounds like you have carbphobia. You need some whole grains in your diet some way and wholegrain bread and pasta are a really easy way to get them in your diet. The carbs aren't going to turn into fat and store permanently in your ass.
>>
>>35502985
Maybe, man. I was a fatfuck and I tried keto for 3 months and shed so much. I'm "lean" now but I want the arm flab to go away, I don't want my thighs to jiggle. I want my fucking abs and I've been working hard for them.

I do eat that stuff, I just worry I dunno, maybe I'm intolerant of them? That as soon as I touch bread it DOES turn to fat? Or perhaps the bread that's available here is shit-tier?

I have rolled oats frequently, but they require preparation as you're not gonna scarf down tasteless cardboard flakes are ya?
>>
>>35501721
I love rye but you should make an effort to buy it non-kosher.

A rabbi's blessing will kill your gains
>>
>>35503091

You'd be a medical marvel if whenever you ate bread it all just turned to unsheddable fat, regardless of caloric intake. Just eat it, bro. It's hardly different from oats anyway.

Also, you ever try overnight oats? Just bowl up some oats, milk em, mix in some raisins, and leave it in the fridge overnight. By the morning they're ready to eat.
>>
>>35503155
I listen to Mac Tonight while eating it to negate jewish curses upon my sandwich.
>>
>>35503175
No I haven't, is it good? any combo of wet oats/non-cooked oats have been disgusting desu.
>>
File: CIk-WUfUAAA2YF3.jpg (23 KB, 540x516) Image search: [Google]
CIk-WUfUAAA2YF3.jpg
23 KB, 540x516
>>35501813
>tfw black
>eating too much dairy destroys my gut

you're right anon
>>
>>35498231
>there are people who do SO LITTLE volume that they're ACTUALLY scared of carbohydrates

If there's a single one of you who fills out a size L t-shirt post a pic
>>
>>35503175
>>35503188
Also how much bread is "too much" then?

The way I have it is generally 2 sandwiches, spread with butter, a slice of ham and cheese, some raw onion and a dash of hot sauce. I put them both in a closed toaster and the butter fries the whole thing from the inside out. It's fucking delicious.

I have this twice a day tops. Today I had it twice but fuck I'm feeling hungry and it's still 25 past midnight and I can't sleep till 4 usually. CAN'T WAKE UP
>>
>>35503188

Yeah, it's real good. The oats soften up from being soaked, and the raisins infuse the bowl with sweetness. I prefer them that way, and there's also the perk of not having to clean a pot.
>>
>>35503215

>Also how much bread is "too much" then?

Depends on what macros you're going for. Some days I bake and eat an 800 calorie loaf by itself just to get some extra calories and fiber in.

>The way I have it is generally 2 sandwiches, spread with butter, a slice of ham and cheese, some raw onion and a dash of hot sauce

Bruh I'd be more concerned about the ham, butter, and cheese than some slices of whole grain bread.
>>
File: best bread.jpg (29 KB, 360x442) Image search: [Google]
best bread.jpg
29 KB, 360x442
>>35498231
What's wrong with Ezekiel bread, friend? :)

I love my recipe.
>>
>>35503292
Post recipe pls
>>
>>35503292

What the fuck is that?
>>
>>35503292
did you smear diarrhea on there
>>
File: 1429144377040.jpg (25 KB, 265x308) Image search: [Google]
1429144377040.jpg
25 KB, 265x308
>mfw Scooby going on about putting "chemicals" back in the bread
>>
>>35503091
>intolerant
If you're intolerant to gluten you'd absorb fewer calories from bread. I'm sure someone's already selling a diet fad book based on that.
>>
>>35503217
Fair enough then, I'll give it a shot what the hey.

>>35503252
Why? I use good butter, the ham is thin and I don't have it other than those and the cheese is just some fat and protein right? Just basicass sliced cheddar.

I saw the OP scooby video and I dunno what the fuck to make of my local "wholemeal" bread honestly. It's like in the middle between good and bad I think.

Wheat Flour, water, wheat bran, wheat groats, wheat semolina bran, wheat gluten, sugar, sunflower oil, salt, yeast, wheat malt flour, (and this is where the icky chemicals come in) preservative (E282), flour treatment agent (E300), emulsifiers (E471, E472e, E481), acidity regulators (E170, E341).

I wish I had a fucking bakery about. This factory-made bread designed to keep for a week or so is the only thing I can get around here.
>>
>>35501421
Your infographic has sure convinced me!
>>
>>35501776
Yes, protein and fiber are the same as sugar.
>>
>>35503453

>I use good butter
>cheese is just some fat and protein right?

Bruh....

Anyway, your bread doesn't sound whole grain, it sounds like white flour as the base with wheat bran and whole wheat kernels mixed in. Normally whole grain bread lists "whole wheat flour" explicitly, not just wheat flour. Could be wrong though.

Check the fiber ratio

http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-five-to-one-fiber-rule/
>>
>Food for thought. If you are 60 pounds overweight, the food you are wasting to maintain your bulk could keep 2 people from starving.

Scoob blowing out the fatties In a Bread video even.
>>
>>35503556
Eh, I use Kerrygold. Organic, grass-fed butter. It's what I used for keto and it treated me well so I figured eh, fuck it.. So butter's out of the question? Can I use Laughing cow cheeselets? Fucking love those.

And I'm wrong about the cheese? Sorry man I'm not trying to be difficult or annoying. I appreciate your help and patience. Lemme check that link..

Yeah, no. My bread is 37g of carbs and 5g fiber per 100g. Fuck sake.. My best choice is to simply ditch bread altogether I think. This is considered the healthiest we can get around her probably.
>>
File: CAN'T WAKE UP.jpg (63 KB, 584x643) Image search: [Google]
CAN'T WAKE UP.jpg
63 KB, 584x643
>>35503777
I just checked my usual "integral barilla wholewheat pasta". It's whole durum semolina with a ratio of 1:10.
>>
>>35503777
For most people in most of the world, there's nothing wrong with grains OR dairy, just eat your buttered toast and enjoy your fucking life dude.
>>
>>35503822
I know, I believe you. I just cleaned up a lot of things in my life, cut down, work hard but the final leg just seems to elude me. No matter how far I think I should get, it's like I'm stuck at this bodyfat%, Gotta be the diet, right? Or the sleep? The water? Both of those aren't as good as I want them to, admittedly.
>>
>>35503777

>Eh, I use Kerrygold. Organic, grass-fed butter. It's what I used for keto and it treated me well so I figured eh, fuck it.. So butter's out of the question? Can I use Laughing cow cheeselets? Fucking love those.

The problem is the things that are bad about butter and cheese are in all butter and nearly all cheese. It's not a healthy kind of fat to eat.

You may want to skip the bread then if you can't get good bread in your area. Check the frozen section and see if you can find Ezekiel bread in your store, otherwise make those overnight oats.
>>
>>35503875
I doubt I'll find this magicjewbread as I'm in southern europe, but I'll have a gander at the big out of the way supermarket next time I'm about. Not sustainable to go there just for bread but I hear you about the butter and cheese. Fuck, I barely have them in comparison to everything else I eat. Would they really fuck me over that hard? I want to clean up my act enough to regain progress but I don't wanna hate myself.
>>
File: The cole train is confused.png (369 KB, 425x474) Image search: [Google]
The cole train is confused.png
369 KB, 425x474
>>35503905

>live in southern europe
>can't find thick, solid, no-bullshit whole grain bread

the fuck
>>
>>35503975
W-What's the disbelief? We have bakeries but unless its some out of the way specialty store that I currently don't know about, everybody just makes bread by importing giant bags of processed flours from factories and bakes those. Malta's tiny, man. We don't even have room for growing wheat to the scale for making bread and selling it, too busy using it for potatoes..

Believe you me, I'd love to find this shit. After this thread I'm fucking paranoid now. At least I have milk.

Right? I fucking have milk, yeah?
>>
File: sigh.png (7 KB, 313x326) Image search: [Google]
sigh.png
7 KB, 313x326
>>35504015

>At least I have milk.
>Right? I fucking have milk, yeah?

Heh.

Sure, buddy. Have your milk....
>>
File: Arc-honor-d.png (6 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
Arc-honor-d.png
6 KB, 100x100
>>35504056
So I can't have milk, cheese, ham or butter and I can't find good-quality bread and pasta. And I probs need to up my cardio and do it more frequently.

I want my abs, man. Help.
>>
>>35504088

Just fuckin' with ya, bro. Cardio's a good idea though. Get that jump rope action, keep lifting, track calories, and eventually you'll lean all the way out.
>>
>>35504088
Alright, fuck it. I'm going to enjoy the stuff I have on hand and then I ain't buying any more. I'm going to replace my love for toast with a love of fruit. Thankfully we get big juicy strawberries here even in winter. Apples, oranges, bananas, kiwis.. That good? Or am I going to get told off about fruit sugar?
>>
>>35504176

Fruits are cool. You a fan of sweet potatoes? Not too much prep with those, just slice them in half and roast them until they're soft on the inside and leaking syrup. I'm making a tray of them right now.
>>
>>35504155
I figured you're just yanking my chain hard and I'm jokingly exaggerating, but you're right still. If it's unhealthy, ideally you curb that craving or cut it out completely. s'why I'm gonna try to steer it towards fruit. Just sucks being a poorfag, can't afford to just scarf down chicken titties every day even if I wanted to.

I don't count macros or calories though, but I got a good idea of what everything is from doing it plenty in the past. Still, guess it won't hurt to refresh my numbers. Fuck jumprope though, I ain't got the coordination for that, jogging's more my thing, swimming in the summer.
>>
>>35504214
I actually never tried them. My local grocery always had them but I never made the jump to try them, I think they were more on the expensive side so couldn't justify the whimsy but I'll give 'em a look! Thanks a lot man.
>>
I'm bulking and lazy
>>
>>35504214
not same guy, but yes senpai. Stick in some parsnips, onions and stuff like that too.
>>
>>35504271
Well I do love me some eggplant and zucchini. Why can't lettuce n shit be more like them? They're fucking boring veg (I know calling a vegetable boring is wtf but bear with me).

Are spices in small containers you find on the rack good? Got a convection cooker to slap these bitches in.
>>
I'm a fat piece of shit and trying to get fit. However I love bread and potatoes. What can I substitute for these?
>>
>>35504362
well normally I just mix all the veg together (yams/eggplant/zucchini/red onion/parsnips) with some olive oil, put on some salt and pepper, as well as chilli flakes and sometimes rosemary and thyme. So yeah I'd say adding spices like that are good.

Not sure what a convection cooker is but I normally just roast em for about half an hour at 450 F
>>
>>35504472

Whole grain bread and sweet potatoes
>>
File: 81j9uBOYggL._SL1500_.jpg (210 KB, 1493x1500) Image search: [Google]
81j9uBOYggL._SL1500_.jpg
210 KB, 1493x1500
>>35504473
It's this thing. Like a hot-air grill. Makes fat just drip the fuck off in rivers I tell ya. Don't put dry meat in it thought or it turns into boot leather.

So you eat the veg raw or you roast it too after you mix it? Or roast the sweet potatoes and then mix them in?
>>
>>35504472
A bit less bread and potatoes and leaner cuts of meat.
>>
>>35498681
Semen
>>
>>35504570
>So you eat the veg raw or you roast it too after you mix it?
sorry, what I meant was that I mix it all up together to make sure the oil and seasoning coats everything evenly, then I spread that mix of veg over a baking tray and roast everything together. Shit's good. And really cheap. Good for cutting because eating so much veg in one go fills you up for very few calories. Also the fibre means god tier shits
>>
>>35498231

>guaranteed replies

Naan doesn't count as bread, right? It's hard to pass up Indian Thursdays at work, and IIFYM...
>>
Peanut butter and jelly is my desert. Bread is a desert/snack that should be eaten in moderation.
>>
>>35504611
That's a fucking nice idea bruh, I'll try it tomorrow in fact! How do you feel about basmati rice? I sometimes have a nice helping in a stew (just it simmered with veg and spices in stock) or with some chicken. Maybe it's more of a bulking food?
>>
>>35503155

>tfw there are probably people on 4chan who don't buy kosher food simply because they don't like jews
>>
>american bread

found your problem
>>
>>35498231
I find those nipples problematic
>>
File: no longer in sight of humanity.jpg (105 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
no longer in sight of humanity.jpg
105 KB, 720x960
>2016
>eating anything that isn't meat, veg, fruit or powder
>>
>>35499712
Not him, other fatty. Won't I lose my beloved muscles? I'm finally mediocre at liftin I already 1/2/3/4. I'm scared of losing what little I've gained.
>>
>>35504942
>tfw my diet literally consists of peanut butter milk and powder every day
>mostly just because it's so fucking easy
>>
>carbs
>insulin

enjoy your diabetes
>>
>>35505932

Healthy carbs make insulin more sensitive so you don't have to secrete as much for it to do its job.
>>
>>35505932
>insulin causes diabetes
You think protein is bad for you too, retard?
>>
What's your favorite kind of bread, /fit/?
I personally prefer sourdough.
>>
>>35498778
Fuck. Didn't expect feels in a bread thread.
>>
>be poorfag
>bulk anyway on Irish-tier food
>friends work at Starbucks
>give me a bag of banana bread and pumpkin bread that expires that day
>eat nothing but processed bread desserts for half a week
>skip two rest days, break all my PRs

Check your cutting privilege, shitelairds.
>>
>>35501599
Mary Berry is my gfrandmafu
>>
>>35508099
banana bread is GOAT
Also pretty much the only 'bread' I eat
>>
Why not make your own delicious oat bread?
http://youtu.be/xsWyKQUd-lo

Skip to 3:30
You can try reducing the flour input and substitute it with protein powder if you dare, but I'd just leave the recipe alone
Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.