[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is veganism the only way to be healthy? I'm pretty swole
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6
File: A new project JPEG 8.jpg (200 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
A new project JPEG 8.jpg
200 KB, 1440x900
Is veganism the only way to be healthy? I'm pretty swole and lean but I feel tired all the time. Is it because I eat meat?
>>
>>35496429
>Is veganism the only way to be healthy?
No
> Is it because I eat meat?
No
> I'm pretty swole and lean
If you want to stay that way optimally keep eating meat
but I feel tired all the time.
Sleep, and make sure your getting a lot of it
>>
>>35496429
>>35497572
>but I feel tired all the time.
Sleep, and make sure your getting a lot of it
>>
Have you tried sleeping?
>>
>>35496429
>Is veganism the only way to be healthy?
Strict vegetarianism (since you're probably referring only to the diet, not the whole vegan philosophy) is not necessary. However, a diet very low in meat (almost zero red meat) and with some fish (resembling the Mediterranean diet) is king.
Variety should be a keyword for your diet.

>I feel tired all the time. Is it because I eat meat?
It could be. Meat is more taxing for your digestion process. Variety in your diet - again - can fix this. A varied, Mediterranean diet has been found to have chelating properties as well. Eating the same shit every day can have caused over-exposure to something your body doesn't like.
>http://www.wcrj.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/WCRJ-2014-1-4-e411.pdf

>I'm pretty swole
>>35497572
>If you want to stay that way optimally keep eating meat
Untrue. You can get all the required nutrients and proteins with a no-meat diet even if you are a strength athlete.
>>
File: 1449887393616.png (181 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1449887393616.png
181 KB, 625x626
>>35496429

virgin gains please leave this board
>>
>>35496429
There are like a billion things that can cause what you are describing and a whole slew of them are more likely than meat consumption.
Make sure you are not deficient in vitamins or minerals and if the problem persists go see a doctor, he will be better at analyzing the situations than us internet experts.

>>35497627
Fuck fish.
>>
>>35496429

It's the carbs you eat with the meat that make you lethargic after a meal. Cut out bread, pasta, noodles, cake, and taters, and you'll feel better soon. If you have to have something carby: always choose taters.
>>
>>35497675

And fuck water too ! Fish fuck in it.

Glad to be of service, M'Lady.
>>
File: Jaws.gif (1 MB, 294x165) Image search: [Google]
Jaws.gif
1 MB, 294x165
>>35497675
>fuck fish
no, fuck you.
>>
>>35497627
>Untrue. You can get all the required nutrients and proteins with a no-meat diet even if you are a strength athlete.
You can hit your macros, but saturated fat and high quality protein is rare in a veggie diet. It CAN probably be done, but it's a darned hassle.
>>
File: memesinthebag.jpg (86 KB, 358x429) Image search: [Google]
memesinthebag.jpg
86 KB, 358x429
>>35497693
>And fuck water too ! Fish fuck in it.
>>
>>35496429
No, though it might be because you aren't eating enough variety of plant foods, or enough variety altogether.

or it might be a whole number of other things.
>>
>>35497627
>(almost zero red meat)
I eat 225g (two little venison steaks) a week, is that almost zero?
>>
>>35497627
>You can get all the required nutrients and proteins with a no-meat diet even if you are a strength athlete.
Untrue, multiple health authorities recommend eating meat including red meat for its health benefits.

Essential nutrients are not the only nutrients you require to live a healthy life, and you also have to consider the quantity those nutrients come in, from my studies of it red meat has a uniquely nutritionally dense profile which no other substance is able to recreate.
>>
>>35498496
...as long as you eat your veggies and you don't stick to the same meals every single day you're golden

>>35498514
>Untrue, multiple health authorities recommend red meat
Untrue, multiple health authorities consider __any__ vegetarian diet to be healthy and no health authority actively recommends red meat - at best they present its advantages in young's growth, any health authority suggest to limit it. Not to remove it, but to limit it.
Strict vegetarians shall supplement at least B12.
>>
>>35498562
>16. Should I stop eating meat?
>Eating meat has known health benefits. Many national health recommendations advise people to limit intake of processed meat and red meat, which are linked to increased risks of death from heart disease, diabetes, and other illnesses.
http://who.int/features/qa/cancer-red-meat/en/

>any health authority suggest to limit it
limit intake, not remove it altogther. Other sources I've read say the same, there are some risks to high intake AND there are health benefits to eating meat with a limited intake.

It is recommended by health authorities, I saw three posted in a thread yesterday - the above is the only link I remember how to find though.

>vegetarians shall supplement at least B12
vegetarians don't need b12 since they eat eggs and milk, vegans need b12 and that isn't the only thing they need. Look up the nutritional profile of red meat and compare it to other things, there isn't anything which has the same kind of nutritional density. There are other nutritionally dense foods but not covering all the same bases.

If a vegan hears "all essential nutrients except b12 are in the vegan diet" they are more likely not to research it anymore because they want it to be that simple. If they researched nutrition in and of itself (not only through a vegan lens) they would understand non-essential nutrients are crucial for health.
>>
>>35498702
>>Eating meat has known health benefits. Many national health recommendations advise people to limit intake of processed meat and red meat, which are linked to increased risks of death from heart disease, diabetes, and other illnesses.
>http://who.int/features/qa/cancer-red-meat/en/
Thank you for confirming everything I wrote.

>vegetarians don't need b12 since they eat eggs and milk, vegans need b12
You didn't read well. I wrote "strict vegetarians". What you're calling "vegetarians" are ovo-lacto vegetarians. Vegans follow a strict vegetarian diet. Veganism in not just a diet. There's some confusion about this nowadays since "being vegan" is so mainstream.
>>
vegans getting btfo
>>
>>35498761
see >>35498562
>No health authority actively recommends it
I linked one healthy authority (WHO) actively recommending it.

>Vegans are strict vegetarians
vegetarianism is about abstinence from meat - not animal products. It's true that ovo-vegetarian and ovo-lacto vegetarian are various forms of it but neither is more "strictly vegetarian" than the other. Look up the wikipedia article about vegetarianism, the earliest historical examples they refer to include milk and honey which are animal products.

I understand the vegan diet is named after a movement for animal rights which includes non-dietary animal products like leather but the vegan diet is still the name used for a diet including no animal products - not vegetarian. If you want to use vegetarian to mean "no animal products" you will be rewriting the way the term has been used historically. I understand it makes more sense, I support the intention - it would make language neater. You should realise you're not using the term the way it's been used historically, though.
>>
>>35498848
>I linked one healthy authority (WHO) actively recommending it.
No, the WHO doesn't actively recommends *red* meat, read again. Actually, it's calling red meat out and it's inviting to limit it.

>>35498848
>reduction ad wikipedia
>the vegan diet
>vegan diet is not vegetarian
I applaud your effort at looking at least at wikis, but while you're at it, please look better.
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veganism#Strict_vegetarians
The term "vegan" as referred mainly to the diet is a recent use of the term.
>>
>>35498983
In answer the question "Should I stop eating meat" the answer is "Eating meat has known health benefits."

Limiting is not the same at all as cutting it out. It's normal to eat way too much, but veganism is only the other end of two unhealthy extremes.

>strict vegetarians
Fair enough.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.