[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Oat thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6
File: AA051065.jpg (99 KB, 600x597) Image search: [Google]
AA051065.jpg
99 KB, 600x597
Are oats actually good for gains? Or I this just a meme?

If it isn't a meme, what are some good ways to prepare oats with the least amount of calories possible?
>>
nah /fit/ was sponsored by quaker oats in the early 2008's. That's why it's such a popular meme.
>>
Steel cut oats keep getting posted here, because they're a calorie dense food thats not filled with junk.

Eat some eggwhites or something.
>>
Theyre good for cutting theyre good for gaining
>>
>>35493127
i put about half a scoop of protein over my oats for flavor but ive been eating them for years i dont mind the taste anymore regardless how i eat them.

protip: if you are having a hard time eating them put some water in your mouth with each spoonful it makes the whole experience quicker
>>
>>35493127
Mixed some peanut butter and milk with your oats
>>
>>35494615
Water and oats is what i do. I just down it fast. There is no taste in it anyway.
>>
>>35493146
>egg whites meme
Total ripoff. All the nutrition is held in the yolk desu.
>>
>>35493127
Add 2 scoops of whey and two tbsp of PB and tell me it wont take you like 8 hours to eat that shit.

The carbs are more complex or something, whatever that mean.
>>
>>35495866
enjoy your sulphur farts senpai
>>
File: 1435528010.jpg (89 KB, 451x341) Image search: [Google]
1435528010.jpg
89 KB, 451x341
>100 grams of oats
>200 grams of whole milk
>a little salt
>microwave oats and milk
>take a mug
>add a tablespoon of water
>add 3 scoops (around 90 grams) of whey, I used ON Vanilla
>add cinnamon
>mix with a spoon
>add another tablespoon or two of water if the consistency is too thick
>make a hole in the middle of oats and pour the protein pudding there
>enjoy
It tastes amazing. I got bored of the taste of ON's vanilla whey and decided to try this. The whey will taste different, it will actually taste GOOD. I can't wait to try this with other flavours and more ingredients.
Look up Anthony Mychal's oatmeal volcano/protein pudding. He has a video on how to make the protein pudding. I haven't tried the oatmeal volcano yet, but it looks promising.
>>
File: oatsjj.png (30 KB, 308x690) Image search: [Google]
oatsjj.png
30 KB, 308x690
>>35493127

They are cheap, have a decent nutritional profile and versatile.
>>
Fat ass here, I started to eat oatz with honey and cinnamon for breakfast. Is it bad for weight loss?
>>
>>35496484

Not really, as long as you are counting the calories still, Maybe lose the honey or don't go crazy with it.
>>
>>35495866
So is the saturated fat, cholesterol, and fat soluble industrial pollutants. There are better sources of that nutrition.
>>
>>35493127
cook with your choice of, cinnamon, salt, vanilla essence, cocoa powder, protein powder (dissolve it in cold water first)
>>
>>35493127

>>good for gains
>>least amount of calories possible

Choose one.
>>
>>35493142
Actually keked
>>
File: 1446657764295.jpg (80 KB, 425x960) Image search: [Google]
1446657764295.jpg
80 KB, 425x960
>>35496130
>tfw eating 4 whole eggs a day
>farts are the worst known to man
>sitting drunk around with a group of friends
>fart quietly
>everyone is in pain, sufferig and anguish is all around me
>dont admit to it
>admit to it later and everyone physically and verbaly abuses me
>laugh anyway and contiue to eat whole eggs to this day.

I am sick of farting every 5 mins. Maybe i'll stop eating yolks one day
>>
>>35496484
eliminate honey from your diet completely it has crazy high calories and how does any american think that shit tastes good? i was watching my 600 lbs llife and these fat fucks are eating piles of deep fried shit then they cover it with fucking honey. absolutely disgusting
>>
>>35498024
There are 64 calories in a tablespoon of honey.

Chek ur facts before posting m8
>>
i eat oatmeal for breakfast every single morning. not even joking. splash of milk and a little bit of real maple syrup. real maple syrup is key because you dont want to ever put HFCS in your body and fake syrup is literally a bottle of that.

shits delicious. its like eating cereal but hot, healthy, and tastier.
>>
oats are definitely a meme
>>
>>35495601
ma nigga
>>
>>35493127
>oats
>with the least amount of calories

You're missing the point, family
>>
File: u wot m8.jpg (122 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
u wot m8.jpg
122 KB, 640x480
>>35494615
this

chocolate flavored whey + milk, cut up a banana, cut up an apple, raisins, stick it all in a big bowl... holy shit thats tasty!

People at work asking me if im on a diet... im fucking bulking!
>>
>>35493127
>3/4 cup water
>3/4 cup milk
>pinch of salt
>handful of raisins
Bring a rolling boil.
>Add 3/4 cup of oats
When all the water is boiled off and the oats are fine and mushy, add a scoop of peanut butter, and sprinkle with cinnamon for taste.
God tier breakfast right there, and cheap too.

Fuck microwaving it. Microwaves make your oats stale and dry.
>>
>>35498499
try addin some walnuts or almonds senpai
>>
Mix them in a water bottle and drink it down quick
>>
>>35497702
iktf
>>
What's the secret to microwaving steel cut oats? I fell for the meme and switched from rolled to steel cut and they don't microwave as well.
>>
>>35497702
Nigga, I eat 8 eggs for breakfast every day and only fart after drinking a proton shake.
>>
File: 4a4.png (527 KB, 497x732) Image search: [Google]
4a4.png
527 KB, 497x732
>>35498024
>absolutely disgusting
>>
>>35493127

I add half a cup of steel-cut oats to my protein shakes. They don't dissolve very well, but I've always instinctively chewed when drinking shakes, so they at least give me something to chew ON.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.