[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why can't I make any flexibility progress? I've been
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: iu-11.jpg (18 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
iu-11.jpg
18 KB, 600x400
Why can't I make any flexibility progress?

I've been stretching morning and night for the past 30 days. Every morning I can barely reach my knees, but I get to about halfway down my shin later, only to wake up the next days touching my knees. I hold positions for 1 minute. I don't know what's going on.
>>
>>35490712
Holy shit, I thought my flexibility was bad.

I don't have anything else to add, I'm in the same boat myself not very flexy
>>
>>35490712
go to chiropractor
>>
>>35490712
Foam-roller, my nigga. Get one.
>>
>>35490712
Loaded stretching trumps static holds 10/10
Kelly starrett and Ido portal both have extremely well developed mobility routines. I use both and have the flexibility of a yogi at this point
>>
>>35490826
Based anon giving solid advice. I have a grid x by trigger point. High quality shit my nigs
>>
>>35490712
What do you want from being flexible?
I'm 6'2 198 and I can put both legs behind my head. It only helps to bite your toe nails or tie shoes standing up.
>>
Yo dude, flexibility just takes a lot of time. Don't worry tho, when it comes it sort of comes in gushes.

ive never been flexible, but hqve been doing yoga for about six months. Ive noticed that its all about plateaus. For example, I could only reach to just under my knee with straight legs.Thay dididn't really improve much for four months. Then in the period of about two weeks I could touch the floor, and its been improving solidly since.

some areas will loosen faster than others, but generally with flexibility ive personally noticed, and heard, that it involves long periods of stillness and then sudden rapid improvement. Many yogis say it has a lot to do with letting go in ur mind too, but take that with a pinch of salt if u wish.

tldr: keep it up cuz gains happen fast when they do, but u need to be patient for em
>>
>>35491312
> tfw I've maintained my gymnastics flexibility but haven't touched the rings in 6 years.
>>
>>35491312
I want to maintain my range of motion. Apparently tight hamstrings like mine will lead to lower back pain later in life. Also I pulled my back last year. I think I improved with my back flexibility since, even though I haven't with my hamstrings.

>>35491339
Nice. I've looked in into PNF stretching.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm doing too much stretching
>>
>>35491164
hell yeah. Ido's squat routine is awesome.
>>
>>35490712
what else do you do? Do you get some sort of other exercise? If you sit at a desk all day and sit on a couch then that could be it.
>>
>>35490712
Mobility is pretty hard. You can't just go through the motions, you have to actively try to improve.

I do mobility every night, and before and after each lifting session.

Slow progress is still progress. Look up yoga for weightlifters, powerlifters, and bodybuilders on YouTube for a good beginners routine that's pretty specific. Takes about thirty minutes, you have to focus on what you are doing tho.
>>
>>35490712
weak core

do side/front/back planks
>>
>>35491164
>Kelly starrett and Ido portal both have extremely well developed mobility routines

this
>>
1 minute is not enough. You need to hold until you feel the muscle release and relax. You will know it when you feel it. Can take 10 min or more.
>>
make sure you're warmed up before stretching too
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.