[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/routine general/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 101
File: 1451261480528.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1451261480528.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
I'll be helping everyone as much as possible <3

>Recommended program for beginners: http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ:The_Program

>Recommended reads: Starting Strength 3rd Ed.; Practical Programming 3rd Ed.

>Basic rules-of-thumb:
4-6 reps for main barbell lifts
6-8 reps for ancillary barbell lifts
8-12 reps for assistance dumbbell/cable lifts

>Main barbell lifts
1-3 sets across for 100% rep-max and PR attempts
5 sets across at 80-90% rep-max for volume

>3 days per week:
full-body routines (AxBxAxx BxAxBxx or AxAxAxx)
>4 days per week:
Pull-push-legs + fullbody (PPLxFxx or LPPxFxx or FxPPLxx etc)
>5 days per week:
Pull-push-legs + upper-lower (PPLxULx or ULxPPLx etc)
>Routines with no deadlifts or Powerlifting programs:
upper-lower splits

Work every muscle group at least 2 times per week
Push = chest/front & lateral delts/triceps
Pull = back/biceps/rear delts
Legs = legs/posterior chain
>Just because an exercise involves pulling, doesn't mean it belongs on pull day. Divide it accordingly to the correct muscle group. For example, lateral raises belong on push day.

These are just basic rules-of-thumb!

Remember that you are supposed to have fun and enjoy doing your routine, so do the stuff that you enjoy doing!
>>
Hey trappy! :3
Is it safe to do rotator cuff exercises right before or even between sets of chest/back exercises?
Is it a good idea to do http://breakingmuscle.com/video/3-exercises-to-improve-your-shoulder-mobility before my chest and back workouts and off days and facepulls between the sets? Can u reccomend me any other exercises/stretches that have helped you?
I dont get pain during my workouts but my rc sometimes hurts a little and clicks all day long.
>>
File: 1442194985089.jpg (123 KB, 403x542) Image search: [Google]
1442194985089.jpg
123 KB, 403x542
>>35490195

Mobility and drills should be done before starting the workout, to warm things up.
Actual exercises like the facepulls should be done after the main lifts (and probably after the most important accessories for the day).

I don't recommend doing anything between sets (specially not stretching).

I recommend Jeff's videos. He's an expert on the whole thing, since he trains professional athletes.
Stretches
https://www.youtube.com/user/JDCav24/search?query=stretches
Mobility
https://www.youtube.com/user/JDCav24/search?query=mobility
Rotator Cuff
https://www.youtube.com/user/JDCav24/search?query=rotator+cuff
Rear Delts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hto3Gfw7KU0
Cracking Shoulders
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAvOnpN7Shc

I also recommend these two videos by Omar about lowerbody mobility
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SaEjvY3178
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XISJxsccN1E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59YYYCjMOI4

Of course you don't need to do EVERYTHING, just do the things you find are most important to you at the moment.
>>
>>35490195

Also a good idea to do stretches during the day, specially if you sit for too long on the computer.
>>
File: ADuFA.png (47 KB, 547x465) Image search: [Google]
ADuFA.png
47 KB, 547x465
hihi trappy, i've been on SS for the last month or so and i'm not too fond of the disbalance between upper body and lower body via the high volume of squats (which is progressing nicely compared to my abysmal upper lifts)

ohp: 25kg
bp:45kg
d:80kg
s:80kg

i was thinking of hopping on phrak's gslp or canditos LP (although it's a bit more advanced), which 1 do you recommend :^)
>>
File: 1442194985111.jpg (51 KB, 246x425) Image search: [Google]
1442194985111.jpg
51 KB, 246x425
>>35493206

Greyskull is basically SS with less deadlift and squat frequency, but your deadlift is too low to drop frequency. Candito I'd say is too advanced for your numbers.

I recommend this:

A
Press 3x5
Squat 3x5
Deadlift 1x5
Dips or Closegrip Bench 3x5

B
Bench 3x5
Deadlift 1x5
Squat 3x5
Chinups 3xF or Weighted 3x5
Lateral Raises 3x8-12

This will have more volume for the upperbody, and you will be doing upperbody before squatting, but the most important thing to guarantee progression on the press and bench is to have proper form.
I highly recommend you take a look at how to press with rip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnBmiBqp-AI
And watch this vid about bar path on the bench: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKhI-O4HI8M
And this one if you have the time https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYKScL2sgCs

I recommend doing deadlifts before squats on workout B simply because your deadlift numbers need to be way higher.

You shouldn't drop the squat frequency yet. You have potential for being much much stronger, and squatting is a very important part of developing fullbody strength.

Make sure you are eating and resting enough. This is the MOST IMPORTANT part. Without good nutrition and lots of sleep, you will find it hard to progress.

DO NOT DELOAD. Add weight to the bar on every workout, even if you can only add 0.5kg. You still have potential for VERY fast adaptation and growth.
Add 6kg to the deadlift and 2kg to the bench and press. After your deadlift reach at least 100kg, you can lower the progression to 4kg, and then 2kg after 110kg. When your press reaches around 46kg, lower the progression to 1kg. For the bench, I'd say you should lower to 1kg at around 68kg-70kg, if you're finding it hard to keep adding 2kg.
For the squat, do 2kg jumps.

Remember to stay hydrated during the workout, and EAT. Milk is a very valuable food if you are not intolerant to lactose, don't be afraid to drink lots of it.
>>
>>35493206
>>35493446

Oh, for the closegrip bench, in case you choose to do those, add 1kg. For the weighted chinups, you can add 2kg.
>>
>>35489411

What are your thoughts on Candito's Linear Strength/Control program? I've been working with SS for the last few months but I'm having trouble with the progression due to a severed acromio-clavicular ligament. Basically if I press or bench press I can't reliably dead-lift or power-clean - or vice versa.

With that in mind, how useful are the paused reps in strengthening the whole muscle chain to compensate for what is a non-existent trap? What can I do to address muscle imbalances between the two trapezius? (Trapezii?)

My lifts are currently sitting at:
>Squat: 225
>Deadlift: 315
>Benchpress: 200
>Press: 155
>Powerclean: 185
(for 3/1x5 or 5x3 respectively)

The Candito program, as you probably know, has slots for optional exercises - any suggestions for muscle balance/chain strengthening techniques would be greatly appreciated.

Also, what are your thoughts on kettlebell swings performed as HIIT (ex: 60 on/30 off) on off days?
>>
File: 1367786314267.jpg (494 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
1367786314267.jpg
494 KB, 500x750
>>35493446
u r actually the best :)))))

few questions, will closegrip interfere with normal bench on workout b? (i doubt i will do any dips).

and secondly, is it better to exploit as much of linear/'noobie' growth and push for maximum potential on the deadlifts rather than include other back exercises such as barbell rows?

ty again, gonna lift extra hard next session :3
>>
>>35493206
Either is fine imo, I tried out canditos meme program and really liked it. Especially the version with the paused variants, those really helped me to learn the lifts.

Yates row is horrible, do pendlay row instead

No bully, but you are a beginner, so as long as you are consistent with diet, rest, and exercise then gains will come.
>>
File: MlExzUU.gif (490 KB, 250x273) Image search: [Google]
MlExzUU.gif
490 KB, 250x273
>>35493739

Candito's is a very good program for advanced novices, I do recommend it.
However, I'm not a huge fan of doing so much paused reps for beginners. It's just something that causes way less adaptation than just increasing weights or volume, and it's a much less useful form of stress. In fact, explosive work ranks in a far more important place than paused work for beginners, in my opinion.
I'd say paused exercises is more useful for intermediate lifters who have already adapted to volume work and need something more to help progressing.

I recommend his strength/hypertrophy program instead, though I'd change a few things. For instance, I'd take the lower hypertrophy day out and do another lower strength or add in a lower power instead. Your muscles on the lower body don't really need much isolation work and they grow a lot from pure strength training, for their massive size and fact that they pretty much always work together (compare this to the upperbody muscles, most are fairly small and many perform opposite functions).

I also think Candito focuses too much on a powerlifting point of view. He just neglects the OHP too much.

But you are gonna see great gains both in muscle growth and strength development regardless, all of his programs are well thought out.

Now, for your injury in specific, is the ligament still severed, or are you recovering from surgery?
To balance out the traps, do dumbbell shrugs. A good variation of the shrugs is to do them in an explosive manner, similar to the barbell shrug. Use a very very heavy dumbbell, keeping it on the curl rack (or any similar waist-high rack), do an explosive shrug and then lower the dumbbell back to the rack instead of holding it. Start from the rack on every rep. This will allow you to use waaaay heavier weights for the shrugs. Combine it with the regular shrugs, and exercises like the farmer's walk, and you will have very good traps development.
>>
i've been switching around from icf/sl/gslp but i don't really like parts of them (icf/sl the progression is unreasonable and i like squatting 3x a week so gslp is frustrating)

my goals are basically upper body aesthetics but i also want to be reasonably strong (1/2/3/4 goal)

my current lifts are (all 5x3 except dl 1x5):

ohp: 40kg, squat: 85kg, deadlift: 107.5kg, row: 65kg, bench: 55kg

what routine would you recommend trappy-chan?? thanks
>>
File: 1446351358390.gif (1 MB, 360x240) Image search: [Google]
1446351358390.gif
1 MB, 360x240
>>35493739
>>35494069

For accessories, I recommend the following:

Lateral raises - incredibly important to develop shoulder abduction strength, and also to keep progression on the ohp steady. Many people get stuck on the ohp due to weak shoulder abduction. Also, the lateral delts are very important for aesthetics since they are the most visible on your silhouette.

Skullcrushers - called the "fourth powerlift" by some, it's highly important for developing overall pressing strength and one of the best to increase your lockout strength. Just make sure to perform the full range of motion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rh3MHnRI_I

DB Supinating Curls - start with a hammer grip, and start supinating the wrist after lifting the first few centimetres. A major function of the biceps is wrist supination, so you wanna do the supinating movement during the actual curl so that the weight provides resistance against the movement and your biceps work a lot harder. Also, raise the elbows a bit until they point forwards at the top of the curl. This maximises the range of motion of the biceps, since they also perform shoulder flexion.

Facepulls - incredibly important for shoulder health, and also helps develop the traps.

Pistol/Split/Tuck Squats - WAY better than single-legged leg presses. A major function of the hip abductors (glutes min/med, tfl, sartorius) is to balance the body when standing on a single leg, so by doing a single-leg squat instead of a leg press you train them a lot harder, as you don't need any balancing during the leg press.

One-arm Lat pulldowns - longest range of motion for the lats out of any back exercise. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaJhYsCkX2s

Suitcase Deadlift - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7-uhQQlIOk Just don't go too crazy with the weights here.
>>
>>35494246
>>35493739

The suitcase deadlift will also be really good to balance your traps.
>>
File: 1442194985108.jpg (80 KB, 558x576) Image search: [Google]
1442194985108.jpg
80 KB, 558x576
>>35493739

Kettlebells are fine, just make sure to use them as cardio. If you start going too heavy with them, they might affect your recovery.

>>35493885

No, it shouldn't. You will still have 48 hours of rest before the bench press day. Plus, the closegrip bench will be done at much lighter weights, so while it's very tough on your triceps, it's gonna help chest development without recking it. This is good because on this day in particular, the ohp is very light on the triceps - so they could use a little bit harder work with the closegrip bench.

But again, you HAVE to eat well. If your nutrition isn't on point, you just won't progress anywhere near as fast as you could, and might end up plateauing all the time even at light weights (specially when it comes to upperbody).

You don't need barbell rows right now. Deadlifts and Chinups are more than enough to build you a strong back and big lats. I'd leave the barbell rows for when you are in a more advanced stage and need more volume for your back work.

>>35494164

Give a look at this routine here >>35493446
But at the point you are in, I'd only deadlift once or twice per week, and do a lighter floor pull on the other day(s) - like the power clean or a romanian deadlift (not rows), or just do back extensions instead.

I do think chinups are a better back developer than barbell rows, since they hit the lats a lot harder and have a longer range of motion. Plus, the barbell row kind of overlaps with the deadlift a lot more, as it depends on the back stabilizers like the spinal erectors a lot, while the chinup doesn't.
And, perhaps most importantly, the chinups are way better at developing your arms and your biceps.
But you can do the rows if you prefer them instead of the chinups.

Also, I recommend you stick to 3x5 instead of 5x3. It will give you better muscle growth, and will trigger more adaptation to volume which is gonna be important once you reach the intermediate phase.
>>
>>35494069
It's still gone and I'm not planning on getting surgery to repair it anytime soon. The problem is that there doesn't seem to be any force transference through that disconnected trap. It's noticeably lacking behind the other with regards to size - though I'm not sure how much weaker it is.

While training I'll reach a plateau where the left side of my body will lag behind the right - for example: on the last few reps of bench press sets the bar rises unevenly due to that bunk force transference through the left arm. 185 is all green, but at 200 pounds it's like the left side of the bar just forgets to move. I'm wondering if the spoto press will help train those left-ward muscles to absorb the impulse (catching the lift at the bottom, so to speak) in spite of the lacking AC/trap shock absorber. If you think hypertrophy will help I'll give it a shot.

As for running the hybrid S/P S/H program - I do enjoy the paused squat and deadlift. What about a thursday that looks like:

>Speed Deadlifts 6x4
>Power-clean 6x4
>Explosive Shrugs 5x4
>Paused Squats 3x4
>Paused Deadlifts 2x4

With regards to the Hypertrophy Upper day... Candito recommends incline chest press; I don't have an adjustable bench at the home gym - what do you feel about 3x6 barbell press here, performed before the suggested dumb-bell bench press? For example:

>Press 3x6
>DB Bench 4x8
>BB Row 4x8
>DB Row 4x8
>Face-pulls 3x10
>BB Curl 3x10
>DB Curl 4x12
>Lat-Raise 4x12

What are your thoughts on adding sets focusing on the wounded arm alone - in an attempt to overtake it's uninjured twin? Vid related, my goal body ;^)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkIgXlE8bSo
>>
>>35489411

thoughts on which max ot routine is best? I see three sample routines (A, B, C). I like C cause it has leg day on Monday to avoid having chest day first like a ton of other programs and having to wait forever.
>>
>>35494403

thanks. and yeah, i actually meant to say 3x5 originally, was my mistake.

couple of questions tho. i've been wanting to do powercleans but it anything olympic related seems difficult to learn without a coach. do you think that's true? and what would be a good replacement for lateral raises? i've done them a bit before but i always feel like i'm causing shoulder impingement so i stopped, maybe it's just my form though..

another thing, do you think my deadlift numbers will go down if i'm doing squats then deadlifts immediately? i usually do upper body in between
>>
File: Klokov 162kg Press.webm (1 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
Klokov 162kg Press.webm
1 MB, 853x480
>>35494430

Hey, if you like the paused stuff, then do it. They aren't bad exercises at all, and doing stuff you enjoy is way more important than anything else - since motivation is the most important factor to success and achieving one's goals.

The thursday day doesn't look bad, but it has a LOT of volume. Unless you go light on the squats and deadlifts, it might end up being too much for you.

Yes, doing the press on the other upper day is a great idea. As I said, Candito's routine neglects the press a lot because he focuses a bunch on powerlifting (hell, he can only press like 74kg or something, while he benches a fuckton), but it's very important to developing overall strength.

I also don't think you need BB rows on upper 2. You wanna be using dumbbells as much as possible.

And yes, I do think you should do a lot of unilateral work so that your weaker arm catches up. You can do, for example, single-arm db bench or presses, and specially shrugs, and do more sets for the injured shoulder.

>>35494516

Nope. Power Cleans are extremely easy to learn, you don't need a coach at all. You probably aren't gonna be doing perfect form on the first workout, but you will "get it" in the second or third. There are plenty of videos on how to do it on youtube, but reading the chapter on power cleans (at least the beginning of it, where he explains how to perform the movement) on the Starting Strength book would be a great idea (you can torrent it if you don't have it or can't buy it)

Also, doing power cleans is really fun. Plus, you can do stuff like pic related and feel badass.

No, your deadlift numbers shouldn't suffer at all. You will still be warming up for the deadlifts, and that should give some good rest.
But if you feel like you prefer doing the squats first, then go ahead. There's nothing wrong with it, I only suggest doing upperbody first because squats can be very tiring and it benefits people who need to increase their upperbody lifts to catch up with the squat
>>
>>35494595

>The thursday day doesn't look bad, but it has a LOT of volume. Unless you go light on the squats and deadlifts, it might end up being too much for you.

I'll keep that in mind. As for dropping the barbell rows on U2, I may try suitcase dead-lifts or farmer's walks there to see how they feel. Or something fun like Turkish get-ups. Maybe cutting that slot out all together to make space for that unilateral work...

I'll let you know how training for muscle imbalance works out. Getting back on top of yoga practice should help alleviate any danger in over-training one side.

Thanks for the help, babe.
>>
only thing i dont understand about ss is that it seems like ill be at the gym for 30 minutes? am i retarded or is doing 3x5 3 times gonna take me longer than i think
>>
>>35494882

The first few sessions tend to be quick (although not the very first one, as figuring out your working weight and form can take extra time). After that, it can balloon out. By the end of SS its not uncommon for it to take 30m per exercise by the time you factor in warmups, rest between sets and so on.
>>
File: 1442194985088.jpg (144 KB, 532x658) Image search: [Google]
1442194985088.jpg
144 KB, 532x658
>>35494744

Yes, do let me know! I'm always around here, not hard to find.

Don't neglect the repair surgery for too long, though. It might end up causing longlasting issues.
>>
Trappy~~ Help me out if you could, please.

ABCxABC

Legs/Biceps

Deadlift 2x6
DB Lunges 2x6-8
Hamstring Curls 2x8-12
Calf Raises 3x8-12
Barbell Curls 2x8-12

Chest/ Abs

Bench 2x6-8
Incline Bench 2x6-8
Incline Flies 2x8-12
Weighted Planks 2xF
Incline Crunches 2x8-12

Back/ Shoulders

Weighted Chin Ups 2x6-8
OHP 2x6-8
DB Rows 2x8-12
Shrugs 2x8-12
Lateral Raise 2x8-12
Rear Delt Flies 2x8-12

I made the routine myself, does it look okay? I dont have a "triceps" portion for isolation like I do biceps, but that's because my triceps are getting work from my benching and my OHPing. Is it good, bad, anything?

I want to know if I can make progress on it, or if any exercises are useless, any inputs are great.

I didnt want to do shoulders and chest together cause I cant seem to progress on both doing that.
>>
File: chloe.jpg (77 KB, 392x495) Image search: [Google]
chloe.jpg
77 KB, 392x495
>>35495292

Working out 6 days per week is a bit too much if you wanna have steady progression (and are not on steroids kek). Remember, you only get stronger and your muscles only grow during the rest. Having rest days is very important.

And you shouldn't try to progress on the OHP and Bench in the same workout, of course, but you really should do shoulder assistance on the bench day, and chest assistance on the ohp day. No reason not to.
And you need squats. Not squatting = not properly developing half of your body.
Oh, and definitely add triceps isolation. While the bench and the ohp work the triceps, they do not get to exhaust the triceps with maximum intensity and maximum range of motion, so having a specific exercise to isolate the triceps will make it way stronger (and that makes it easier to progress on the pressing movements).
Also, it's a better idea to lower the reps on the main lifts. It's too slow to try and progress with high reps, and low reps are gonna build you muscle mass just as well.

Here's an example of 5-day per week routine based a bit on yours:

ABCxDEx

A
Squats 3x5
Deadlift 1x5
Calf Raises 3x8-12
DB Supinating Curls 3x8-12
Barbell Curls 3x8-12

B
Bench 3x5
Closegrip Bench 3x5
Cable Crossovers 3x8-12
DB OHP 3x8-12
Lateral Raises 3x8-12
Abs exercises

C
Weighted Chinups 3x5
DB Rows 3x8-12
Barbell Shrugs 3x8-12 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0t_hCzUgvM)
Rear Delts 3x8-12
Incline Hammer Curls 3x8-12

x

D
Squats 3x5
Deadlift 1x5
Weighted Chinups 3x5 (might want to do it lighter than on C)
Pistol/Tuck/Split Squats 3x8-12

E
OHP 3x5
Incline Bench 3x5
Cable Crossovers 3x8-12
Lateral Raises 3x8-12
Skullcrushers 3x8-12 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rh3MHnRI_I)
Abs exercises

x

Progression on the closegrip and incline bench is gonna be slower than on the main lifts, so be modest about the weight increases with them.
>>
>>35494981

Have been doing one of the texas method routines you wrote a couple of weeks ago for me. Thanks a bunch, have been enjoying it a lot. My bench went up 4kg already, and I got to 3.5pl8 DL.

Love you. <3
>>
S-sauce on trappy-chan
>>
File: 1447314051500.jpg (26 KB, 480x502) Image search: [Google]
1447314051500.jpg
26 KB, 480x502
>>35489411
>>
>>35495888

Don't ever fucking reply to me again unless you are contributing to the thread.
>>
Just wondering, how much personal experience do you have, trappy? What are your numbers on the big 3?
>>
File: symstr stats.png (92 KB, 1307x455) Image search: [Google]
symstr stats.png
92 KB, 1307x455
>>35495850

That's awesome to hear!
Love you too bby <3

>>35495869

?

>>35495913

Experience? Well, I work as a coach in my gym, have been in a biomechanics research team, and I'm in medschool, so I have a good anatomy/physiology background as well.

My numbers aren't very good (pic), but it's pretty hard to progress without testosterone :( Plus, I'm tiny at 1.65m 46kg
I don't do upperbody and deadlifts though.
>>
File: bank.jpg (31 KB, 574x431) Image search: [Google]
bank.jpg
31 KB, 574x431
>>35489411

i have something pic related and some free weights can i do something with that or do i really have to go to a gym since i dislike strangers
>>
>>35496081
Internet sure is a weird place. I'm not buying your character but what does it matter.
>>
I made my own basic program and would like some input on how good you guys think is it for gainz.

upper/lower split

>upper
4 sets of bench, ohp, bent over row (all between 6-12 reps)

then 3 sets of lat pull/chinups
ending with 3 sets of curls/dips supersetted rep range (8-20)

>leg day

3-4 working sets of back squats atg 6-10 reps
3-4 sets of deadlifts 3-6 reps

i'm 3 months into training at 70kg currently, thoughts?
>>
>>35495869
pa k kieres saber eso jaja saludos
>>
>>35496081
>My OHP is considered a proficient squat for you
>>
>>35496388
Add some more excercises to your leg day, abs and hamstring curls are good to work on.

>i'm 3 months into training at 70kg currently, thoughts?
How tall are you? How often do you work out? Also what kind of weights(in relation to your max) do you use and when do you up the weights?
>>
File: cantreachit.gif (2 MB, 260x193) Image search: [Google]
cantreachit.gif
2 MB, 260x193
Is it OK to change your routine every three months or is it better to just stick to one and just add weight/reps to it?
>>
File: image.jpg (125 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
125 KB, 640x1136
oi m8, this sounds good for overall strength aesthetics?
>>
File: 1423576227008.png (242 KB, 500x474) Image search: [Google]
1423576227008.png
242 KB, 500x474
>>35496500
jesus nyrs overcomplicating it
>>
>>35496500
>Strength
Really hard to say since you don't give us enough information. What kind of weights do you use, when do you increase the weights?

>Aesthetics
Just cut when you get fat. Aesthetics is really only being muscular and not having much bodyfat.

>>35496499
Stop thinking in terms of routines or programs, your body will not care if you go from a PPL to a Upper/Lower if you do the same work as before. What really matters is that you, over time, do more training volume and lift heavier weights.
>>
File: 1435441926853.jpg (20 KB, 392x243) Image search: [Google]
1435441926853.jpg
20 KB, 392x243
>be skelly
>what is this calories in / out meme?
>have insanely high metabolism, literally like 150% higher than everyone elses unaffected by my level of activity, which is 0 btw but still have this problem
>Know im special
>Know its a valid excuse
>Literally eat like a bear
>2 slices of bread with jelly for breakfast
>half a frozen pizza for dinner
>2 glasses of soda for evening
>still cant gain weight
>my appetite wont allow me to surpass this huge amount of food intake

I just want some muscle tone guys
>>
>>35496550
Nice. It is just that every three months in both gyms I´ve been to, the people who work there tell me change to my routine.
>>
>>35496552
Bro, that's a normal amount of food for a day... prolly 1900 calories max.
>>
>>35496573
That's most likely a standard advice from the gym, and there is some truth to variation being good for progress. Although if something works for you, why change it?

>>35496584
>Falling for le ebin trole
>>
>>35493446
What is bench vs press? Are they separate lifts?
>>
>>35496607
Bench=Bench press
Press=Standing shoulder press
>>
>>35494403
should i do negatives if i can't do a full set of 5 chinups yet? or just 3xF. i can probably do two full ones before i need a good break to recharge
>>
File: 1440859939457.jpg (35 KB, 398x323) Image search: [Google]
1440859939457.jpg
35 KB, 398x323
>>35496168

>asks about experience

>"well I don't believe you anyways"
>>
Is this routine ok?

AxBxAxx
BxAxBxx

A
Bench press 3x8-12
DB wide row 3x8-12
Squat 3x8-12
Lat pull down/pull ups (alternating) 3x8-12

B
Shoulder press 3x8-12
DB lateral raises 3x8-12
Squat 3x8-12
Lower Back extension 3x8-12
Pull ups 3x8-12

Pls help am a noob
Progression: add weight when can reach 12 reps.

Is this good for cutting or bulking? I train abs calves 2 days a week in addition to above
>>
>>35496515
Fucking 1st of January spoiling it for everyone.
Been lifting since May
>>
Hi Trappy, would like to read your opinion on the PPL below. Not sure if i should swap out the 4th day for a fullbody day instead of continuing the ppl scheme. Schedule is PxPLxPx-PxLPxPx and so on. Lifting for close to a year, stats are:

80kg 1.80ish metre.

Bench: 80kg
OHP: 55kg
Squat: 110kg
Deadlift: 140kg

Push:

Bench Press: 5x5
Overhead Press: 5x5
Incline Bench Press: 5x5
DB Lateral Raise: 3x10
Tricep Pushdowns/Overhead Extensions: 3x10
Dips: 3x10
Shrugs: 3x10

Pull:

T-Bar/BB Rows: 5x5
Deadlifts: 5x5
Pullups: 3x10
Upright Rows: 3x10
Facepulls: 3x10
Preacher Curls: 3x10
Hammer Curls: 3xF

Legs:

Squats: 5x5
SLDL: 3x10
Leg Extensions: 3x10
Hamstring Curls: 3x10
Calf Raises: 5x10
Ab work
>>
Been lifting SL for about a month, then got sick and couldn't lift for two weeks, Will lift again in a few hours.
Should I deload or go 'fuck it' and pretend that these two weeks didn't happen?
>>
>>35489411
fuk u trappy where pic
>>
What do think of my generic axb linear progression program?
Day a
Squat 3x5
Bench 3x5
Lever row 3x5
Bw pull 2x5_12

Day b
Deadlift 3x5
Ohp 3x5
Chin ups 3x5_12
Bw push 2x5_12

last set implement amrap drop set
>>
>>35497355
Why no deadlifts? You need some kinda hamstring work imo
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 480x360
D1:
3x5 Bench Press / 3x5 Overhead Press alt.
3x5 Back Squat
5x3 Power clean
3xF Chin-ups
———————————————————————
5x10 DB Bench press / 5x10 DB Overhead press alt.
5x10 JM Press

D3:
3x5 Overhead press / 3x5 Bench Press alt.
3x5 Front Squat
1x5 Deadlift
3xF Pull-ups
———————————————————————
5x10 DB Overhead press / 5x10 DB Bench press alt.

D5:
3x5 Bench Press / 3x5 Overhead Press alt.
3x5 Back Squat
5x3 Power clean
3xF Chin-ups
———————————————————————
5x10 DB Bench press / 5x10 DB Overhead press alt.
5x10 JM Press
>>
>>35494246
>Lateral raises - incredibly important to develop shoulder abduction strength, and also to keep progression on the ohp steady.
do you even lift?
>>
>>35500492

Aaaaaand here comes the dyels...
>>
File: 1448711153408.jpg (325 KB, 1920x1408) Image search: [Google]
1448711153408.jpg
325 KB, 1920x1408
Anyone got suggestions for a decent routine to supplement rock climbing? Can't seem to find much online
>>
>>35500693

http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ:The_Program
>>
>>35500708
yeah dem t-rex legs will support rock climbing very well
>>
>>35500742

>deadlifts
>chinups
>bench
>ohp
>power cleans

Please fuck off
>>
>>35500742
The pushing will help balance out pulling you do, legs tend to be quite far behind
>>
>>35500761
doesnt make the quads being a main component of the program any less true
>>35500766
thats kinda the point in rock climbing
>>
File: 1443273743479.jpg (119 KB, 364x457) Image search: [Google]
1443273743479.jpg
119 KB, 364x457
>>35500783

>doesn't make one of the largest muscles of the body a main component on a full body strength and power program for beginners any less true

90% of the exercises in SS will aid rock climbing as you can see here >>35500761
If you are so afraid of squatting, go ask your PT for a shitty routine and waste your time at the gym instead of bothering us.

Get >>>/out/
>>
>>35500783
I am a climber, personally ss help me generate leg power from deep postions. Theres other linear programs that squat less and have more pull volume.
Maybe check out phrakks greyskull
>>
>>35500783
squats being a main component*

or the fact that you need to get up to 200-230 bw to correctly do SS
>>35500833
>90%
more like 1/3. and thats a lot.
dude, i squat 4plate myself but recommending SS to a rock climber is retarded. im not saying to not do squats but the t-rex body ss gives you is the exact opposite of a rock climber. wake the fuck up.
>>
File: Starting Strength.jpg (108 KB, 333x483) Image search: [Google]
Starting Strength.jpg
108 KB, 333x483
>>35500857

>more like 1/3. and thats a lot.

I literally listed them here >>35500761
The only exercise in SS that doesn't help >much< (though it still helps) are the squats.

>but the t-rex body ss gives you is the exact opposite of a rock climber

Get >>>/out/
>>
>>35496081
w-what are you

a mtf? Are you HRT?
>>
>>35500693 here

I should clarify, I'm looking for three things
1. balance muscles that get overlooked climbing
2. accelerate strength increase of muscles needed for climbing
3. any tips for integrating that with climbing ~3 days a week without fucking my shit up

I'm aware SS exists, just seeing if anyone has something more geared towards my specific goals rather than just building an overall strength base - I imagine there are a number of climbers on here
>>
File: 1448775448200.jpg (99 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
1448775448200.jpg
99 KB, 400x600
>>35500840
thanks man, have a meme on me
>>
>>35500903

Read this: >>35500761
And go be an annoying NYR somewhere else.
>>
>>35500889
>deadlifts
pretty much useless. grip strength is very cns-dependant, and although deadlifts might give you some minor growth in forearms, the grip strength wont really do much. not many climbers need more strength in hams or lower back or glutes
>bench
useless unless youre the 1% of rock climbers that might someday get into those extreme positions where you actually need to push yourself up
>chins
youre gonna do them anyway as a climber, doesnt really count
>ohp
ok since delts are useful in climbing
>power cleans
useless

considering that squats are 1/3 of the program, and bench+pc+chins are 1/3 youre left with 1/3 being useful. not to mention the squats or the diet being the complete opposite of useful

>under 15bf%
nice pic of someone who didn't do SS correctly

btw im >>35500742 and >>35500783 and >>35500857
the guy who asked about the program is another person
>>
>>35500939
make me, faggot
>>
>>35489411
which beginner routine would you recommend to do single limb exercises with? I have pretty large imbalances i imagine to be from years of playing table tennis and laying/leaning on one side.

I have been doing barbell lifts for a couple of months now and tested my strength today. My right side is still stronger than my left; my shoulders have different ranges of motion (i can turn my right arm further upwards and the left further downwards if that makes any sense).

By the way, a friend of my fathers told me that I might have one leg longer than the other but that hasn't bothered me yet.
>>
>>35500972
So much bullshit in this post
>>
File: 1451090592249.jpg (31 KB, 628x676) Image search: [Google]
1451090592249.jpg
31 KB, 628x676
>>35500972

>deadlifts
>pretty much useless. grip strength is very cns-dependant

Stopped reading there.
>>
>>35500998
then prove me wrong instead of whining like a little bitch
>>35501013
if you had actually ever deadlifted and ever rock climbed you'd know the grips are completely different and do not carry over very well. youre better off doing finger tables and similar things
>>
>>35500988
I would still reccomend compounds, infact isolations will probably have the opposite effect your intending
>>
>>35501028
>>35500988
Or do you mean single limb compounds?
>>
File: 1444763324571.jpg (25 KB, 387x353) Image search: [Google]
1444763324571.jpg
25 KB, 387x353
>>35501027

>you'd know the grips are completely different and do not carry over very well
>>
>>35501028
dumbbell bench, ohp, row, pistol squats are still compounds.
>>
>>35501044
nice meme pic brother, just epic :^) totally rekt me there
>>
>>35500364
Bump
>>
>>35501051
Yes, I misread, this guy pretty much adviced what I.was going to, qlthough you can use q single leg on.the leg press if you would prefer
>>
>>35501074
stop posting your shit every fucking where
>>
>>35498152
Yeah I was thinking of just using hamstring curl machines. Deadlifts are better but would this be okay? Result wise
>>
>>35501110
Single leg Romanian deadlifts I think would be better
>>
>>35501094
Kil urself
>>
>>35501110
I.thought you were a diffrent pposter, why no deadlifts
Better then nothing though
>>
I'm doing pplxppl
So hitting everything twice a week.
Push
Bench 5x5
Incline db bench 4x12
Cable crossovers 3-4x12
Ohp 5x5
Arnold press 3x10
Cable tri push down 4x12

Pull
Dead 1x5 (although today I did 1x5 heavy then 3x8 lighter, thought it may help me get back into 5hings after a 10 day break
Pull ups 3x8-10
Face pulls 4x12
Lat pull down 3x8
Seated incline db curls 4x10-12
Hammer curls 3x10-12

Legs
Squat 5x5
Front squat 3x8
Leg press 3x10-12

Thoughts?
Also I'm doing this after S's and having done something simular afew years ago. My biceps are a major weak point.

Rate m8
>>
>>35501074
Why are you bumping?
>>
>>35501150
Eek, on the compounds its 3x5 sorry
>>
File: 1443716857479.gif (112 KB, 500x372) Image search: [Google]
1443716857479.gif
112 KB, 500x372
>>35501027

>bar with over 200kg being held by nothing but your fingers

>doesn't train grip strength and doesn't help rock climbing
>>
>>35501183
>what is cns and why does it matter here

you have never rock climbed, have you?
>>
File: 1447803772570.gif (2 MB, 286x258) Image search: [Google]
1447803772570.gif
2 MB, 286x258
>>35501198

>deadlift doesn't train cns
>>
>>35501150
Seems like to much volume imo, but I.dont know where you are with training
>>
File: zyzz1.jpg (103 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
zyzz1.jpg
103 KB, 612x612
Can you recommend a 5 day program Trappy-chan for building dat mass? Been lurking your posts for a long time now and I like what I see :3
>>
Anyone got thoughts on this? It's a two day split modeled on PHUL. Running ABxABxx.

A - Chest/Back
5x5 BP
4x8 Incline DB press
4x8 Chest fly
4x8 Cable crossover
Alternating 3 sets of pushups (until failure) with 3 sets of planks (until failure)
5x5 Pendlay Row
4x8 Seated cable row
4x8 Lat pulldown
3xF assisted pullups
20 minutes of cardio

B - Legs/shoulders
5x5 hi-bar squats
2x5 front squats
2x5 DL (alternating with hyperextensions)
4x12 Leg press
4x12 Calf press
5x5 OHP
4x8 Facepull
20 minutes of cardio

Been running this for about 2 months now and I'm enjoying it. Workouts are generally 2-2.5 hours long. Any thoughts?
>>
File: 1448102466474.png (507 KB, 1620x1320) Image search: [Google]
1448102466474.png
507 KB, 1620x1320
>>35501242

Pic related or PHAT (google it) are good choices.
>>
>>35501214
you retard. let me explain to you

some lifts are more cns-dependant than others, deadlifting being a good example. because it is so cns-dependant, it is very heavy on the cns and thus most people don't do them too often to avoid frying the cns. another thing to consider is that the way the cns works, it is very movement-dependant. if a good bencher changes his grip by an inch, it can have a very huge impact on the weight lifted even if he actually had better leverages to lift with that grip. this is because he has trained his cns to be optimal with that certain grip and the cns gets fucked up even from small changes.

now, if you had ever rock climbed, youd understand most grips in climbing require you to flex your fingertips only like 10-30 degrees from a normal, straight position, UNLIKE deadlifts which have your fingertips at an angle like 100-180 degrees. there are no barbells in rocks. the grips are completely different. its like having a barbell with a 10 inch diameter in deadlifts. this is a huge fucking difference, especially cause grip strength has a lot more to do with neurological reasons (cns) than just muscle cross-area or something. it's not exactly the same thing as the bench grip thing, but the same principle. youre working different range of motions. its like training isometric chin-up positions, staying at 90 degrees of elbow flexion at the gym and then somewhere else you'd be required to stay in 20 degrees of flexion. you have not trained using that specific ROM at all so the strength acquired in the 90 degrees position does not carry over very well. for this reason dynamic movements and full rom is preferred over a small rom. the small rom does not carry over into the big rom but the big rom carries over to the small rom.
>>
>>35500364
Bump
>>
File: mount stupid.jpg (10 KB, 350x275) Image search: [Google]
mount stupid.jpg
10 KB, 350x275
>>35501348

Please stop posting.
>>
>>35501371
no, you.
>>
>>35501242
just do PPLPPLx
>>
>>35501220
Been in the gym for like 4 years but ducked around for 2. Had like 8 months off out of the last 2.

Irm are around
95kg bench
140kg squat
158 deadlift
60kg ohp
>>
My routine is too simple I think. It started as SS and I've modified it. I'm 5'10 210. No bench because shoulders.

Per week
DL 1x. 1xF. 370#.
Squat 3x. 3x5. 250#.
Weighted dips 2x. 3xF. 20#.
Weighted chin-ups 2x. 3xF. 45#.
Press 2x. 5x3. 145#.
Face pulls 2x. Lots of sets and reps.

I try to do dips and press on opposite days. And I try to DL on a non squat day. My linear gains aren't happening anymore. Any idea what I should add/change?
>>
>>35501689
look up ss: advanced novice

eat better http://www.barbellmedicine.com/potpourri/584/

or just switch to an intermediate routine
>>
Is stiff legged deadlifts a decent alternative to deadlifts, since I can't do them here at home? Thoughts on working out at home generally? I can do (or find alternatives to) pretty much everything, but since dl is such a big important exercise I want to make sure I'm not fucking up.
>>
Been lifting about 14 months, current 1rms are:

OHP: 175
Bench: 245
Squat: 410
Deadlift: 510

I've done candito's 6 week and 5/3/1 in the past. My overall goal is to get stronger, as I know I'll get some size with the strength. However I'd like to increase my bench to a more respectable level. Here's my current routine:
Push:
OHP 3x5
DB Bench Press 4x8
Incline DB Press 4x10
Arnold Press 4x8
Lateral Raises 4x12

Pull:
Power Cleans 5x3
DB Rows 4x8
Weighted pullups 2x6-8
BW pullups 2x10-12
Curls 4x10

Legs:
Back Squat 3x5
Deadlift Variation 4x6
Leg Press 4x8-10
Weighted Decline Crunches 4x8-10

Upper:
Bench Press 3x5
Pendlay Rows 5x5
Arnold Press 4x8
Weighted Pullups 2x6-8
BW pullups 2x10-12
Weighted dips 2x10, 1xF

Lower:
Deadlift 1x5, 2x3
Front Squat 8x3
Back Extensions 4x8-10
>>
Olympic barbells go up to 130 lbs, so two of them is 260 which will work for a while for a beginner anyway. So, HOW bad is it to work out only with these and not barbells? I can do pretty much everything in Ss or other beginner routines with these, a bench, a rack and weights. I also have a place to do Pullups

Any help appreciated
>>
>>35501870
depends on your goals but yes SLDLs or RDLs preferably are fine
>>
>>35501877
Miring strength. Your routine can't be bad if your getting those numbers
>>
What routine is recommended for beginner faggots who don't give a single fuck about strength and only want to get bigger, is it still SS? Is it always Ss? No changes to it even? I'm a skelly but never had problems with not being strong enough and I really don't give a fuck
>>
>>35501877
improving your bench form could go a long way, ohp being 72% of your bench is quite unusual
>>
>>35501908
My goals are hypertrophy, don't wanna get strong necessarily
So like SS or Icf with stiff legged would be decent?
>>
>>35501954
don't do SS for hypertrophy do icf

but yeah stiff legs would be very decent.
>>
Currently rock climbing 3 days a week (two days bouldering, one day top rope, Mon x Fri x Sun). I've been doing SS for about 3 months and was only climbing twice, but now want to up my climbing game and am looking for a complementary routine.

Lifts are (5 reps):

Bench 155
OHP: 115
Squat: 255
Powerclean: 140
Deadlift: 315

got a shitload of free time, so I can go to the gym any day. Also on a cut.

>rock climbing
>>
>>35501973
lurk climbing subreddits or something, doubt youre gonna find a smart routine to supplement climbing here
>>
>>35501939
Any idea on this guys, is it doable?
>>
>>35501994
yeah I have been, it seems to basically boil down to compounds/antagonists and do farmer walkers/shoulder press/dips
>>
>>35502070
do the reddit PPL or something,

this is what you achieve doing SS properly
http://startingstrength.com/resources/forum/mark-rippetoe-q-and-a/15386-zach-update.html

granted, he has a decent amount of muscle under that bodyfat but cutting that extra fat off isnt going to be fun and youll be better off doing something with more volume
>>
>>35501939
>>35502070
It's SS and eat more. Please read the sticky.
>>
>>35502165
yeah do SS if you want to be a fat fuck like zach
>>
>>35501899
Can I do this? Seems to work from what I've found but please help
>>
>>35489411
I'm running SS but my gym only has hex plates. I have to reposition after every pull. 3x5 feels like fucking murder. Should I lower volume or lower weight until I can do 3x5?
>>
>>35502348
not that fit couldnt answer this but any questions you have SS related look up the ss forums. they have shitloads of posts and on some of them its rippetoe himself or some of the official starting strength coaches answering

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=hex+plates+site%3Astartingstrength.com

http://startingstrength.com/resources/forum/mark-rippetoe-q-and-a/10174-ss-hex-plates.html
>>
>>35502348
You talking about all lifts or just deadlifts? If deadlifts you're only supposed to be doing 1x5
>>
>>35501939
>>35501954
>>35501970
>>35502070
>>35502164
>>35502194

For everyone saying SS is bad for hypertrophy: >>35500889
>>
>>35502194
>what is a bulk
>>
hey the squats are putting me at the threshold of t-rex mode.

but i still want dat ass,

can i just do deadlifts every single session instead of alternating squats and dead?

or should i just do hip thrust now instead?
>>
>>35501973
here

was reading through the thread and seems im not the only climber. I found SS helped massively with my leg work and only a fool would ignore your legs for climbing purposes.
>>
>>35489411
made this routine myself. i cant afford a gym but i have a barbell at home, that's why i can do squats and deadlifts

DAY 1:
>push ups 1x50
>incline diamond push ups 2x8
>decline diamond push ups 2x8
>incline wide push ups 2x8
>decline wide push ups 2x8
>chest dips 4x8
>tricep dips 4x8
>pike push ups 4x8

DAY 2:
>one leg squat 3x10 (5 on each side)
>squats 5x5
>lunges 3x10
>deadlifts 5x5
>bicycle crunches 1min
>leg raises 1min
>crunch twists 1min

DAY 3:
>pull up 5x5
>chin up 5x5
>horizontal row 5x5
>handstand hold
>wrestlers bridge
>neck plank
>finger hangs

please give me advice lads
>>
>>35496552
you wont get any muscle tone because that's a ridiculously shitty diet and there is nothing in soft drink that allows you to build muscle

drink milk instead
>>
Doing SS A/B etc with dips on deadlift day and chin ups on press day.

Also do these accessories 3x a week
Calf raises
Dumbell flies
Skullcrushers
Preacher curls
Then some general core work.

I've got quite big arms already because of the 3x a week but they don't look out of proportion with my legs. Can I do these accessories 3x a week? My chest is lacking so that's why I did the dumbell flies, are there better accessories for bench?
>>
File: 11234322.png (30 KB, 811x804) Image search: [Google]
11234322.png
30 KB, 811x804
>>35489411
>>
File: oBfzoy0.gif (267 KB, 400x228) Image search: [Google]
oBfzoy0.gif
267 KB, 400x228
>>35500890

Yes to both. <3

>>35496157

If you have a barbell and a bench you can do anything, just follow your dreams.~

>>35496388

Alright, you have to organize the upper day a bit better. You won't be able to progress at such high reps, and doing both bench and ohp in the same day.
Also, stick to lower reps. Sets of 5 are so popular for a reason, they really work for both muscle growth and strength development. You will take an eternity to progress at 12 reps.
Here's my suggestion:

U1-L-x-U2-L-x-x

Upper 1
Bench 3x5
Barbell Bent-over Row 3x5
Incline Bench 3x8
One-arm Lat Pulldowns 3x8-12
Lateral Raises 3x8-12

Lower
Squats 3x5
Deadlift 1x5
Pistol/Tuck/Split Squats 3x8-12

Upper 2
OHP 3x5
Weighted Chinups 3x5
Dips 3x8 or Closegrip Bench 3x8
Cable Rows 3x8-12
Barbell Curls 3x5-8 (go very heavy, and you can cheat a bit)
Lateral Raises 3x8-12

Add 1kg on every workout to the main upperbody lifts (the first two of the day), and 2kg to the main lowerbody lifts (squats an deads). Progression will be slower on the rest, but they are accessories so don't worry much about it.

>>35496443

I'm tiny and weigh 46kg tho :( pls no bully

>>35496499

You usually wanna change things a bit ever three months or so. Increasing volume or intensity, changing the accessories around, switching the days, maybe even changing the rep scheme... that kind of stuff. You don't need to change the whole routine, though. For example, you can stay on SS for 6+ months, maybe even a year if good genetics (you will just need more accessories and volume after a while), and people stay on Texas Method for years (though the program has different phases).

The rule of thumb is, when you start feeling like it's getting hard to progress, it's time to change a few things up.

>>35496500

Looks good overall. I don't think 1x12 is necessary at all, would just remove it.
3x5 DL is gonna be taxing as fuck. I'd stick to 2x5 or 1x5 + work up to 1x3 3RM

You need lateral raises though
>>
>>35504717
trappy chan i have a question i hope you could help me with
is it possible to have a bubblebutt and be shredded at the same time? i feel like one depends on your fat deposits and the other depends on removing said deposits
>>
File: panties destroyer.png (356 KB, 320x638) Image search: [Google]
panties destroyer.png
356 KB, 320x638
>>35504742

Of course it's possible. Maybe not as low as 6% bf, but certainly at 10-12%.
If you work your glutes (squats and deadlifts are not enough), they will always look nice, since it takes very very low bf% to actually get bodybuilding-style shredded butts.

And for men, muscles are way more important than fat when it comes to the glutes.

>>35497970

I'm a big fan of doing a fullbody day on a PPL 4-day routine.
You have way too much volume, though. Novices do not need 5x5, and most intermediate routines do 5x5 at either 80-90% of the 5RM or with ramping sets (only one max set). Stick to 3x5 sets across on the main lifts, it's easier to progress with this, and keep the bulk of the volume with the ancillary stuff.
Also, 5x5 deadlifts is massive overkill.
And never, NEVER do upright rows. They are the worst thing you can do to your shoulders, and you really don't wanna fuck your shoulders up. Besides, they are terrible for building muscle because of the range of motion.
And I recommend barbell shrugs instead of DB ones, since it allows you to use 10 times more weight. kek, it's a massive difference.

Here's an example:

Pull
Barbell Rows 3x5
Deadlifts 2x5 or 1x5 + work your way up to 1x3 at 3RM
Closegrip Pullups or Chinups 3x10
Barbell Shrugs 3x6-8 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0t_hCzUgvM)
Facepulls 3x10
DB Supinating Curls 3x10 (start with hammer grip, then supinate the wrist after lifting the first few centimetres. one of the major functions of the biceps is wrist supination, so by doing it during the curl you provide resistance to the movement, and it gives your biceps twice as much work than just curling up. Also, you wanna raise your elbows at the end of the curl so that they point forwards. your biceps do shoulder flexion, so by raising the elbows, you are maximising the range of motion for them)
Incline Hammer Curls or Preacher Curls 3x10

(character limit)
>>
File: 1450844728676.jpg (47 KB, 250x266) Image search: [Google]
1450844728676.jpg
47 KB, 250x266
>>35497970

Actually, now that I think about it, I'd definitely remove the Deadlifts form the pull day and leave them for the fullbody day. There's too much volume on the pull day anyways.

Push
Bench 3x5
Overhead Press 5x5 at 80-90%
Cable Crossovers 3x10
Lateral Raises 3x10
Dips 3x10
Skullcrushers 3x10 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rh3MHnRI_I)

Legs:
Squats 3x5
SLDL 3x10
Barbell Hip Thrusts 3x10
Pistol/Tuck/Split Squat 3x10
Calf Raises 5x10

Fullbody:
>do deadlifts here, take them out from pull day
OHP 3x5
Deadlifts 2x5 or 1x5 + work your way up to 1x3 at 3RM
Squats 5x5 at 80-90% or Front Squats 3x5
Closegrip Bench 3x10 or Dips
One-arm Lat Pulldowns 3x10
Lateral Raises 3x10
Barbell Curls 3x5-8 (go heavy as fuark, you can cheat a bit)

>>35498071

wut pic bby

>>35497355

Add Deadlifts 1x5 on day A.
Do the Bench, the Squat, the OHP at 3x5 instead of 8-12. You will take forever to progress at 3x8-12.
Add weight on every workout instead of waiting for more reps. generally you want to start adding 4kg to lower body and 2kg to upperbody, and then lower it to 2kg lowerbody and 1kg upperbody after a while training, when you feel it's starting to get hard to progress.
>>
Beginner here, lifted 3 years ago and quit. Just made this new routine but it seems pretty bad to me.

Monday

Bench press 2x10
Bent over row 2x10
Seated Dumbbell Press 2x10
Standing Barbell Curl 2x12
Dips 2x10
Squat 2x10

Wednesday

Dips 2x10
Deadlift 2x10
Leg extensions 2x12
Calf raises 2x12
Bench press 2x10

Friday

Overhead Press 2x10
Bench Press 2x10
Squat 2x10
Bent Over Row 2x10

AxBxCxx
Cardio for 30 mins on off days
>>
File: 1442194985144.jpg (85 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1442194985144.jpg
85 KB, 640x640
>>35498067

Switch to SS, and do a small deload. Take like, 2kg out of everything. That's more than enough.

>>35498091

Move the deadlift to after the OHP, and stick to 1x5 for the deadlift as a beginner.
Make sure to workout 3 days per week.

>>35500364

Looks perfectly fine. If I would change something, I'd deadlift on D1 and D5, and power clean on D3 - unless you really wanna focus on the PC.
DB bench and ohp aren't very important at the point you are in, they are too redundant. Other ancillary exercises that work aspects of the muscle groups that the main compounds don't are more important. For instance, the lateral raises are very important to develop the lateral delts and shoulder abduction strength (which will improve the OHP a lot), cable crossovers are very important to properly develop the chest, curls and skullcrushers are very important for the arms. Spread these around the days, putting one or two per day, and do them at 3x10.

>>35501150

6 days per week is usually too much for natty lifters. I'd suggest doing 5 days per week, doing PPLxULx. Remember that rest days are the most important part of training, since they are when you recover, adapt, and grow.

For the biceps, do DB supinating curls like I described here >>35504863
And do Barbell Curls with very heavy weights (cheating is fine).

Also, remember that deadlifts and squats are both a legs/hips exercise. If you are gonna deadlift on pull day, do pull-push-legs instead of push-pull-legs, so that your legs and posterior chain can rest and recover from the DL.
If you are gonna switch to a 5-day scheme, do deadlifts on the lowerbody day too.

The exercise selection is good. But I suggest you do Bench 3x5 and OHP 5x5 at 80-90% on the first push day, and OHP 3x5 and Bench 5x5 at 80-90% on the second one (or on the upperbody day if 5-days).
Also, do the bench and the ohp as the first exercises.
Lateral raises are more important than arnold press.
>>
I just posted my PP routine but everyone's sperging out over it, what's wrong with this for a Q&D split that blasts my whole upper body?

push day
>5x5 incline bench
>5x5 close grip incline bench
>OHP 5x5
>maybe some planks or shit
>5 miles at 220w on the bike

Pull day
>3x5 dumbbell curls(warm up to be h)
>5x5 dumbbell rows
>alternating pull downs and close grip pulldowns 5x5
>3xmax cable pulls
>5x5 lateral dumbbell raises
>5 miles on the bike at 220W

if I get to the gym while not rested for every P or P then I do deads, cleans and front squats and skip the bike. Seems pretty legit to me.
>>
>>35505212
>No flat bench
>OHP and bench work on the same day - guaranteed stall city
>Pretty much no compound lifts on pull day
>Starting a workout with curls
>Saving big lifts for days when you don't feel rested

Seems pretty retarded to me.
>>
>>35489411
I just got done doing SS for a little over a year and then doing All Pros Beginner routine for about 4 months and my lifts are
>squat 275 3×5
>BP 170 5×5
>DL 345 1×5
>OHP 125 3×5

Was thinking about a upper/lower 4 day split, xxULxUL. Any recommendations trappy? I'm very open to doing something totally different than upper/lower if it's more optimal, mainly looking to up my bench and/or build a bigger chest.
>>
Here's my shit

A:
>Flat bench 5x5
>Squat 5x5
>Incline bench 5x5
>Weighted dips 5x8
>Skull crushers
>Cable tricep exercises
>Cable crunches to failure

B:
>Deadlift 5x5
>OHP 5x5
>Bent over row 5x5
>Dumbbell OHP 5x8
>Weighted chin ups
>Lateral raises 5x8
>Barbell curls 5x8

ABxABx etc
>>
>>35505319
>a year of ss
>BP at 170

jesus were you a skeleton when you started?
>>
File: 1439177290885.jpg (69 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1439177290885.jpg
69 KB, 1280x720
>>35501322

Here's my suggestion:

ABxCBxx

A
Bench 3x5
Barbell Row 3x5 (aka pendlay)
DB OHP 3x8-12
Cable Crossovers 3x8-12
Assisted Chinups 3xF
Lateral Raises 3x8-12
Skullcrushers 3x8-12

B
Back Squats 3x5
Deadlift 1x5
Front Squats 3x5
Calf Press 4x12

C
OHP 3x5
Barbell Row 3x5
Closegrip Bench 3x8
Cable Crossovers 3x8-12
Assisted Chinups 3xF
Lateral Raises 3x8-12
Barbell Curls 3x5-8 (go very heavy, cheat as needed)
Facepulls 3x8-12

Also might be good for you >>35505319 if it's not too much volume. Do weighted chinups if you can instead of assisted, of course. Another option is PPL+Fullbody, like this one here >>35504863 >>35504973
I can write you a more personalised one if you give me more info, like the stuff I described down here \/

>>35501242

How long have you been lifting for? I can write you a personalised program if you gimme some details about yourself. Like, what are the lifts you want to focus on, what body parts do you think need more work, are you cutting or bulking, what lifts do you find easy and what lifts do you find hard to progress on, what are the exercises you enjoy doing, what are the days you have available, etc.

>>35501689

Switch to Texas Method. I can write you a personalised one if you give me some details like the ones I describe up here /\

>>35501870

Yes, but not as good as the main deadlift. Why can't you deadlift, though?

>>35502677

Deadlifts on every session might be too much for you to recover. If you want a nice butt, that's not the answer. Barbell Hip Thrusts, Quadruped Hip Extension, Back extensions, pistol/tuck/split squats, Glute Bridges... are much better exercises for the butt.
>>
>>35505308
you seem retarded if you dont understand why incline bench and ohp are perfect complements and how is lat and cable pull not compound? Im saying I do full body lifts when my chest and arms are tired seems like the perfect time.
>>
Looking for an advanced routine to help me gain some mass, can you guys give me some feedback on my current? I've been lifting for a while but I'm only now dedicating myself fully to it.

Doing back/biceps (A) > chest/triceps (B) > shoulders/traps (C) with running on rest days (X)

ABCxABCxABCx(...)

All exercises are 5x(12,10,8,5,5)

A
Deadlift
BB bent-over rows
DB Curls
Lat machine
Seated cable rows
Standing bicep cable curls
Preacher curl

B
Bench
Incline Bench
Skull crushers
DB Bench press
DB fly
Tri kickback
Tri Pulldown

then I'll do bw dips and pushups untill fail

C
OHP
Arnold Press
DB shrugs
BB Upright row
DB Lat raises
Cable lat raises
DB front raises

Am I overtraining? Should I split muscle groups?
>>
File: chloe (2).jpg (136 KB, 548x768) Image search: [Google]
chloe (2).jpg
136 KB, 548x768
>>35502955

Do Press on the Deadlift day and Bench on the other day. It's how Rip writes in the book, and it works better this way imo, since dips work your triceps and sternal pecs a lot and the press is very light on both those muscles.

For assistance exercises, lateral raises are very very important, specially for progressing in the OHP. Dumbbell flys are way inferior to cable crossovers for the chest.
And yeah, you can do them. Maybe split them around the days so that you don't go too heavy on the volume, since that might make it harder to recover and progress.

>>35504556

>0 lb

>>35505025

Add curls, lateral raises, and dips if you want.

>>35505212

>if I get to the gym while not rested for every P or P then I do deads, cleans and front squats and skip the bike

I don't understand what you mean with this.

For the upperbody routine,

Push 1
Bench 3x5
OHP 5x5 at 80-90%
Closegrip Incline Bench 3x5 (progression will be slower on this one, but don't worry too much about it)
Lateral Raises 3x8-12
Cable Crossovers 3x8-12

Pull
Barbell Rows 3x5
Weighted Chinups 3x5 or bodyweight 3xF
Cable Rows 3x8-12

Push 2:
Do OHP 3x5 and Bench 5x5 at 80-90%, the rest is the same as push 1

>>35505366

Here's my suggestion:

A1
Bench 3x5
OHP 5x5 at 80-90%
Weighted Dips 3x8
Cable Crossovers 3x8-12
Skullcrushers 3x8-12
Lateral Raises 3x8-12

B
Squats 3x5
Deadlift 2x5 or 1x5 + work up your way to 1x3 3RM
Barbell Bentover Row 3x5
Weighted Chinups 3x5 or bodyweight 3xF

A2
Same as A1, but start with OHP 3x5 and then do Bench 5x5 at 80-90%
>>
I'm doing SL right now. At what point do I know when to move on to something else? Is it a certain weight I'm lifting, or when progression slows to some point, or what? I want to be aesthetic, the weight doesn't matter that much to me
>>
File: 1438565622304.jpg (122 KB, 561x702) Image search: [Google]
1438565622304.jpg
122 KB, 561x702
I've been lifting for a ~year and always done 3x8-12
If I take 3-4 months to do a 3-5x5 routine, will I improve on my 3x8-12 lifts as well?
>>
File: 1432550657981.png (768 KB, 2143x1912) Image search: [Google]
1432550657981.png
768 KB, 2143x1912
>>35505602
>I want to be aesthetic
Then you need to do more volume. I would stop doing SS whenever you feel like your noob gains are slowing down
>>
File: 1437879281987.jpg (125 KB, 334x731) Image search: [Google]
1437879281987.jpg
125 KB, 334x731
>>35504717

You are the best thing to happen to this board ever since the zyzz and scooby days. I appreciate all your help, and all the help you give to other people.
>>
File: 145079492541.png (353 KB, 810x1320) Image search: [Google]
145079492541.png
353 KB, 810x1320
>>35505602

Switch immediately to SS or this. Then after 5-6 months or so go to an intermediate routine with more volume.
>>
File: 1442194985109.jpg (104 KB, 584x712) Image search: [Google]
1442194985109.jpg
104 KB, 584x712
>>35505948

Thanks bby, you guys are too sweet <3

>>35505646

Yes, definitely. In fact, you will progress so much that you will stick with 3x5 after that.
Remember to log your progress on symmetricstrength.com or strengthstandards.co, it makes it a lot of fun.
>>
>>35505556
>>if I get to the gym while not rested for every P or P then I do deads, cleans and front squats and skip the bike
>I don't understand what you mean with this.

Like, if if I do pull on a monday and push on tuesday but end up at the gym wednesday, I'm not doing pull again, my shit's still wrecked, so I do cleans or deads or whatever

thanks for the help tho, I'll chew it over
>>
File: 1443106091561.png (124 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1443106091561.png
124 KB, 250x250
>>35506259
I have a quick question, trappy-chan. Every time I check these threads you recommend SS over SL for beginners, and it's starting to get to me. I've only lifted for a little over a month, but I'm considering changing to SS.

Is your preference based only on 3x5 vs 5x5, or should I ditch my rows for power cleans?
>>
File: yHWKAk4.jpg (40 KB, 745x617) Image search: [Google]
yHWKAk4.jpg
40 KB, 745x617
I've been lifting for about a year, never done any program just kinda did whatever, but I always squat and dead and bench. I squat 3 plate and bench 2 plate. Could you recommend a program? I'm not to sure which would suit me best.
Pic related it's me (162 lbs)
>>
File: XG1Et.jpg (195 KB, 600x1049) Image search: [Google]
XG1Et.jpg
195 KB, 600x1049
>>35506657

It's much easier to progress with 3x5, and the extra volume you do with 5x5 makes no difference for muscle growth for now. So basically, you get much stronger much faster with SS.

5x5 is useful for intermediate lifters, but even then you do 80-90% of your 5RM, or do ramping sets that start at around 50%, instead of trying 100%+added weight on all the sets

Not only that, but the progression on SL is unrealistic. You are not gonna be able to keep adding 2.5kg to your OHP and bench for so long. That's probably why so many people have low OHPs nowadays... On SS, Rip instructs you to add any weight you can to the bar. He goes as far as to say that adding 1 pound to the bar for the OHP is great. And it really is better than getting stuck and deloading, and never pressing more than 50kg

Besides that, SL instructs you do deload all the time. Rip, on the other hand, makes sure to only recommend a deload when nothing else works. His instructions when the lifter gets stuck is:
- eat more
- sleep more
- add less weight to the bar
And that's pretty much all you need for a long time.

Barbell Rows are not substitutes for Power Cleans. Power Cleans are floor pulls, basically a lighter Deadlift that will train your power instead of strength. Barbell Rows are a substitute to Chinups. However, Chinups are generally a better back exercise since
- they do not interfere with recovery from deadlifts
- they have a longer range of motion
- work your lats a lot more
- work your biceps a lot more

Power Cleans will strengthen the muscles you use to deadlift, while barbell rows will barely do so. This basically means your deadlift will progress even faster with SS (not counting the fact that you will become much more explosive, and that will make you a lot stronger in pretty much every lift)

SS also includes variations in the routine, for people who are in a caloric deficit and for advanced novices.
>>
File: 1442195649945.jpg (74 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1442195649945.jpg
74 KB, 600x600
>>35506803

If you give me some info and details I can write you a personalised Texas Method program. You are not a novice anymore, so a cookie cutter routine like SS is not gonna be good enough.

>What are the lifts you want to focus on, what body parts do you think need more work, are you cutting or bulking, what lifts do you find easy and what lifts do you find hard to progress on, what are the exercises you enjoy doing, what are the days you have available, etc.

You can also read Practical Programming or the E-books by Justin Lascek if you wanna make your own routine.

Other popular options are Bill Starr's 5x5 (and the son, Madcow 5x5) which is also described in Practical Programming - and Candito's routines for intermediate lifters.

Some people swear by 5/3/1 but I'm generally not a fan of it due to the slow progression compared to Texas Method.

There are many other programs, of course, but these are the most well known and reliable programs for intermediate lifters.
>>
File: 1447161427434.png (179 KB, 423x472) Image search: [Google]
1447161427434.png
179 KB, 423x472
>>35506807
Thanks a bunch! You've convinced me to switch over, very detailed advice.
>>
File: 1440947314177.jpg (38 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1440947314177.jpg
38 KB, 500x500
>>35506866

That's great, you're gonna enjoy it.
Power Cleans are not hard to learn at all. You're probably not gonna manage perfect form in the first workout, but you will "get it" soon enough. There are some good youtube videos teaching it, so give it a look.

If you have issue with chinups due to bodyweight, you can do barbell rows instead. But as I said, chinups are a better exercise for a novice program.
Some gyms have assisted chinups machines, though, so you can use that if needed.
>>
>>35506923
trappy I know this is off topic but plz halp

I'm having lower back pain when I squat. It usually hits on the 3rd or 4th set.

Lumbar erectors are engaged, hamstring flexibilty is go, holding breath through the movement, form has been checked and double checked.

It's not a pain so much as a numbness/tingly in my lower back and upper glute.

Once I move on to an upper body compound, like OHP or bench press, pain and soreness disappear and does not reappear during DL.

What gives?

My hunch is that my abdominal muscles are weaker than my back muscles and are creating an imbalance. I thought this would work it self out, so I didn't change the program to add any core accessories because I'm a nube and didn't want to fuck anything up. Could my abs not be supportive enough?

tl;dr Doing SL, lower back hurts, not sure wat do
>>
>>35506843
Thanks for the response,
The lifts I want to focus on are mainly bench and OHP (I never do OHP regularly). I'd like to focus more on my biceps, chest, core, and legs (the only leg work I do atm are squats).

As far as diet currently I'm just doing lean gains, not planning on doing a strict cutting or bulking cycle.

I find the exercises that take the longest for me to progress on are bench and barbell curls, things that focus on arms seem to progress slowly. My favorite exercises are dumbbell rows, bench, face pulls, curls, weighted dips, weighted pull ups, and tricep pull downs (I lift for aesthetics).

I go to college and work out about 3 times a week but I could switch it up and lift more days. I've noticed most of my lifts have been plateauing.
>>
Need advice, wont be able to work on my legs(doctor said so) for 3-4 weeks since i had my toenail remove. So im thinking of doing a Push/pull workout until during that time. I have plateau on my bench so i want to incorporate smolov jr bench program into it.
How does this look?

Push-A
Smolov jr bench
Ohp 3x5
Cable lateral raise 4x8
Skull crushers 4x8
Close-grip bench press 4x8
Ab work

Pull-B
Smolov jr bench
Pull ups 3x5
seated cable row 4x8
One handed Lat pull down 3x8(each hand)
BB curl 4x8
Hammer curls 3x8
Ab work

AxBxABx
any advice?
>>
>>35506807
I just want to get big trappy. Before i was doing jim shortcut to size but it didnt really work for me.
Been working out for 1 and half years now.

I really like to be in the gym so a 4-5 day split would be awsome.

Im 178 cm and 66 kg and want to put on mass untill may then ill cut.

Im eating at 2700 kcal now and just want a good routine to accompany my growth.
>>
File: 1442194985100.jpg (83 KB, 385x622) Image search: [Google]
1442194985100.jpg
83 KB, 385x622
>>35507012

It's likely your sciatic nerve, probably impingement or a bulged disc.
I recommend you go see a doctor.

Stop squatting immediately and do leg presses instead. If you start feeling it with the OHP and deadlifts stop them as well. You can do leg curls, back extensions, and incline bench with lateral raises to substitute those.
Add core exercises to your routine (see vids)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIhCuqtC0r0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXzqWHuAkAM

>>35507030

3 days per week is pretty standard for the Texas Method.

AxBxCxx
Your percentages are based on your 5RM

A - Volume day
Bench 5x5 90%
Squat 5x5 90%
Weighted Pullups 3x5 100% (do closegrip or chinups preferably for a longer range of motion for the lats)
- Assistance -
Barbell Curls 3x5 100% (it's fine to cheat a bit, don't go strict)
Triceps Pulldowns 3x8-12
Lateral Raises 3x8-12

B - Press day
OHP 3x5 100%+1kg
Weighted Pullups 1x5 100%+1kg then +2kg attempt
Squat 3x5 80% or Front Squat 3x5 100%+1kg
- -
Dips 3x8
DB Rows 3x8-12
Facepulls 3x8-12

C - Bench day
Bench 1x5 100%+2kg then +3kg attempt
Squat 1x5 100%+2kg then +4kg attempt
Deadlift 1x5 100%+2kg then +4kg attempt
Barbell Curls 1x5 100%+1kg then +2kg attempt
- -
DB Rows 3x8-12
Triceps Pulldowns 3x8-12
Lateral Raises 3x8-12

Please note the amount of sets, it varies a lot.
Don't tire yourself during the warmups, and don't worry if you feel you need to rest 5min+ between PR attempts (for volume day you wanna rest less, 3min or so). For the assistance exercises, you don't need to rest more than 2min.
If you plateau on a lift (fail to get 4 reps on the first set for at least 2 weeks), change the 5RM attempts to 3RM for a month for that particular lift. After that, deload by 10% and go back to 5RM attempts.
It may take a week or two to adapt to the volume. Make sure you eat and rest well.

If you need any help in the following weeks, I'm always around here. I can help you further with changes if you need it.
>>
File: 1442194985157.jpg (171 KB, 500x341) Image search: [Google]
1442194985157.jpg
171 KB, 500x341
I'm going to bed now, I'll be back tomorrow so keep the thread alive.
G'night guys <3

>>35507468

Give me an idea of a few exercises you like doing and what main lifts you wanna focus on.
>>
File: dat booty butt.jpg (96 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
dat booty butt.jpg
96 KB, 900x900
>>35489411
Trappy be my waifu <3

also:

i have only just gotten enough weight to start a proper routine, instead of fucking around with baby weight dumbbells, my thighs are already kinda big, though, so leg training is not a huge concern.

that being said, is this an acceptable routine on which to attempt linear progression?

OHP - 3-4x5
Floor press - 3-4x5 (alternating between 3 sets ohp and 4 sets floor press, and vice-versa)
Row (yate's) 4x5

deadlift - 5x1
hip thrust - 5x5
clean - 5x2

AxBx is the plan... i also alternate between side lateral raises/rear dealt rows and shrug/snatch pull for accessories on A and calf raises and random oly accessory on B

is this an acceptable starting routine?
have never lifted before, but the maxes i have established were:
ohp - 115 x 5
deadlift - 230x1 (was able to do 8 sets, so i think i didn't fully push myself
floor press - 145 x 5
hip thrust - 205x5
clean - 145 x 2

didn't really set a proper max on row because i did it after deadlifting and pull ups.

pic unrelated, but it got your attention
>>
>>35507936
>tfw trappy goes to bed just before you ask a question
;_;
>>
>>35505132
Thanks for the advice man, your a scholar and a gentleman.
I'll take your advise and look at doing 5 days rather than 6.
>>
File: 313243.png (36 KB, 1018x804) Image search: [Google]
313243.png
36 KB, 1018x804
>>35505556
oops
>>
why do people take advice from a degenerate skelly?
>>
>>35510318

Don't you ever fucking reply to me again unless you are contributing to the thread..
>>
>>35510318
because
>we all degenerate here (n-no homo)
>traps aren't supposed to have significant musculature.
>still lifts more than you
>>
>>35507335
pls help
>>
I've been doing SL for two months and the workouts are starting to take too long to fit before work, and I can't go after because of other responsibilities. My stats are:
>5"7' manlet supreme@68 kg
>squat 85
>deadlift 100 kg
>bench 50 kg
>row 60 kg
>OHP 42.5 kg

Should I do 3x5 or completely switch over to Greyskull?

If I switch to Greyskull I planned to fit in some upper body work as well as do light ladders of push ups and chin ups before bed every night. Would that be too much and what are good accessories to add for overall arm development?
>>
>>35506923
What do you think about doing pullups or chinups twice a week every week? can i not go to overtrain city?
>>
>>35512681
sounds like most routines, tbhfam

i usually alternate between row and chin ups, but if i stopped doing rows, i would be doing chin ups twice a week.

for some reason i can't really chins in my lats as much as yate's rows
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNjwZ1fxtCQ
>>
>>35512930
yeah right now im doing yates rows on my C day but im progressing rather slowly(probly cause im cutting) i think ill keep my lifts as it is, im just an impatient bitch sometimes.
>>
>>35489411
why someone would do anything more than squats pulls bench ohp and chins is beyond me. you could spend all that time and energy in developing others physical abilities .
>>
>>35506843
>Some people swear by 5/3/1 but I'm generally not a fan of it due to the slow progression compared to Texas Method.
thats fucking stupid, if you have a bench of maybe 110-120kg like most people do after SS and you increase it to 150-160 in a year of 5/3/1 thats pretty good to me. and thats doing only 2.5kg increases. planned progress =/= actual progress.
>>35507908
m8 read the TM books by Lascek that routine is shiet
>>
>>35513360

M8 that TM is based on Pendlay's.
>>
>>35513536
pendlay is fucking shiet
>>
File: 124969840250.gif (856 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
124969840250.gif
856 KB, 320x240
>>35513577

You know he's the guy who pretty much created the TM, right?

GTFO.
>>
>>35513586
i know but lascek is a cooler guy dude

can you link pendlay's tm? i can only find shit with cleans and snatches
>>
File: 1438893105729.jpg (51 KB, 431x450) Image search: [Google]
1438893105729.jpg
51 KB, 431x450
>>35513577
>>35513360

>pendlay is shit
>wendler is good
>>
>>35504863
>>35504973

Thanks for the advice! Didn't know upright rows were that bad, was recommended by a gymbro. Will go with the PPLF you suggested. Never done bb hip thrusts before, looking forward to the doms
>>
>>35513640

If you wanna watch someone explain why they are bad in more detail: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SnVJDt7jts
Basically snap city.
>>
File: HowToSkipLegDay.jpg (84 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
HowToSkipLegDay.jpg
84 KB, 1280x720
>>35489411
I'm about to do a chest day, was going to stick to my usual routine. But I'm curious as to what you guys do, I want to try something new out.
>tl;dr chest day routines?
>>
>>35513640
foot placement, i have found, is crucial to getting good glute activation.

for me, having my feet just a tiny cunt-hair outside (as in, away from my body) perpendicular shins gets the best action for me.

make sure you are pushing with your heels not your midfoot (i even lift my foot off the ground, so its like my feet are inclined)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjWiwq1wgFg

i haven't tried this one yet, but i think i am going to switch to it.
>>
>>35513782
Im not doing glute accessories atm but man id be afraid if 3 plates would come crashing down if my arms slipped off the bench and crushed my shit up
>>
>>35514947

The bar is pretty well "locked" on your hips.
>>
>>35489411
So does this guy have any credibility or is he just some stupid dyel weeb who sits around all day telling other dyels what to do? Genuinely curious
>>
File: ok.png (590 KB, 572x608) Image search: [Google]
ok.png
590 KB, 572x608
>>35515605
ok this is the guy giving all this advice LMAO
>>
>>35515586
Yeah i realize its probably an unreasonable fear. Since im a recovering fatty i dont think i need to target my glutes anytime soon anyways kek.
>>
File: what.jpg (37 KB, 238x363) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
37 KB, 238x363
How shit is this? I'm stil a beginner and wanted to try to design a program. Can't lift more than 3 days a week.

275lb (125kg) squat
330lb (150kg) deadlift
230lb (105) bench
165lb (75) THE PRESS

What should i tweak? Is it good? Is it shit?
>>
>>35515827
Switch lateral raise on C with OHP on B. You won't perforn 4x6 80% OHP as well right after doing 4x6 80% Bench. That's if you want to do this routine. Personally, i'd just do a good fullbody routine.
>>
File: images (2).jpg (16 KB, 331x444) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
16 KB, 331x444
>>35515605

Trappy? She's a strenght coach. One of the very few people on /fit/ who knows their shit, and the only one who wastes hours of their time everyday helping random people without wanting anything in return.
>>
>>35515914
yeah definitely for beginners i'd say do fullbody training even bodyweight training that focuses on your stabilizers will kick your ass and improve your main lifts as well.
>>
>>35498091
>>35505132
It is a
Axbxa
Bxaxb routine, but I dont understand why if you are not squatting the same day why the lack in volume.
>>
File: 1449264611307.jpg (134 KB, 929x1300) Image search: [Google]
1449264611307.jpg
134 KB, 929x1300
>>35516919

There are many reasons why the deadlift worksets are usually 1x5 for novices (this of course ignores the warmup sets you have before, which are not that light for the deadlift compared to the squat or bench).

First is, you do not need high deadlift volume to trigger a good adaptive response. The warmup sets and the workset are so heavy that you will be progressing even though the volume is low. This is because the amount of stress the exercise causes to both your nervous system and your muscles themselves is incredibly high, so you will be stronger and will grow muscle mass even with low volume. Remember, stress is what triggers adaptation, and growth occurs during repair.

The second reason is tied to the first, in that the deadlift is hard to recover from. As a rank novice, you should be deadlifting three times per week since the weights are too light. But after your deadlift gets well ahead of your squat (probably around 100kg deadlift), you should drop the frequency because the stress from the heavy deadlifting is overly intense.
The deadlift is such a major impact to your body that even with only one workset once or twice per week, you will still need plenty of food and rest in order to recover properly (and many novices don't, and they end up getting stuck with a low deadlift compared to their other lifts).

A solution to this second problem is alternating the deadlift with another floor pull, but a lighter one that's gonna be easy to recover from. The Power Clean is a very good option, since it's gonna be way lighter than the DL. Another option is the Romanian Deadlift, since you will be using less weight than the DL itself. However, I don't recommend RDL for beginners because it's easy to snap your shit up with it, and it's easy to tamper the deadlift progression by focusing too much on the RDL.

(character limit)
>>
Bosting here:

What is a good routine to do after 5/3/1 Boring but Big?

Weight: Around 165 lbs
Squat: 345 lbs
DL: 405 lbs
Bench: 240 lbs
Press: 180lbs

I want a routine that will allow me to continue getting stronger, but adding mass is also a competing goal. Something with power cleans, c & j, or other oly variants would also be ideal.
>>
>Wednesday
3*5 bench
3*10 flys
3*10 db ohp
3*10 incline db bench
3*5 squat

>Friday
3*f pullups
3*8 rows
3*12 hammer curls
3*10 rear delt flys

>Saturday
3*5 ohp
3*10 chest fly
3*10 db ohp
3*10 incline db bench

>Sunday
3*f pullups
3*8 rows
3*12 hammer curls
3*10 rear delt flys
3*3 deadlift
>>
File: 1152452542.jpg (11 KB, 237x295) Image search: [Google]
1152452542.jpg
11 KB, 237x295
>>35516919

Another option is to simply not do any floor pulls for the workouts in between the deadlift days, and just do back extensions or glute/ham raises instead. This is good for someone on a caloric deficit, since it allows them to recover from the Deadlift workout while still training the muscles they need.

The third reason you don't need to do 3x5 worksets with the deadlifts is simply because you won't be able to. The first workset is gonna be a struggle, and the second workset is gonna be on your limit (you will probably even fail it). The third workset is simply not doable. This of course, in case you are not a rank novice anymore and can deadlift heavier weights that will exhaust you (again, I'd say after the 100kg is usually the point where deadlifting feels like actual tough work instead of just being too light).

The fourth reason is, the squat also trains most of the muscles used in the deadlift. So while your deadlift volume is low, your squat volume is high - so in the end, your muscles are getting lots of volume.

In case your deadlifts are still too light for you, I recommend you follow Rip's instructions on progression for rank novices (give a look at the FAQ here http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ:The_Program).

In case you wanna squat twice per week, instead of three times, It might be a good idea to follow the Greyskull's style - where you squat monday and friday, and deadlift on wednesday without squats. So take the squats and the deadlift out of the "A-B" pattern and just put them fixed on those days, and then rotate the other lifts accordingly to the A-B split (so that you will press and bench 1.5 days per week).

I hope this is not too confusing and answers your questions.
If you wanna read more about the whole deadlift 1x5 thing, check the SS book, the part about the program (it's a short chapter).
>>
>>35512210

Quit pushpressing faggot. Bench more. Your Deadlift/squat is fine.

Find something thats comfortable for you that isolates your chest or triceps. Adding in more sets of benching in different elevations, benching on the floor and pausing, tricep extensions, cable pulls, push ups etc

It don't really matter, just work your upper body more and avoid anything that works the bicep.
>>
>>35516760

except to show off his/hers cute feminine
>>
File: 1452066756145.jpg (30 KB, 480x478) Image search: [Google]
1452066756145.jpg
30 KB, 480x478
>>35518365
can you recommend a PPLxULx routine?
>>
>>35518365
pls help im
>>35507335
>>
>>35512210
You could go to the gym earlier.
Those numbers are really low, and you could milk linear progression for a much longer time.

Switching to 3x5 at those weights would be a waste.

Your workout should only take 30 min to an hour on SL, ignoring time spent waiting for equipment.
>>
File: 1444345232738.jpg (303 KB, 968x800) Image search: [Google]
1444345232738.jpg
303 KB, 968x800
>>35518650

PHAT. Though I'd change a few things in the program here and there, it's a very solid one and probably the best out there of the PPL+UL style.
http://www.simplyshredded.com/mega-feature-layne-norton-training-series-full-powerhypertrophy-routine-updated-2011.html

>>35518727

I'll will, just gimme a moment to finish off some uni work and I'll be back.
>>
>>35512210

Switch to Greyskull LP or SS, SL is just not optimal enough.
Also, follow Rip's instructions on adding weight to the bar (even if doing greyskull), don't do the progression and deloading SL tells you to and don't deload if you don't complete the AMRAP set on Greyskull. Follow the progression/deloading style of SS and you will see much faster results, then do the routine of either Greyskull or SS.
>>
>>35518773
thanks, I won't post your pics now
>>
>>35518773
>>35518650

PS: don't do upright rows and leg extensions, for the sake of your shoulder and knee health.
>>
A:

Bench press 3x5/Overhead press 5x5
High-bar squats 3x5
Pendlay rows 3x5
Hammer curls 3x5

B:

Bench press 3x5/Overhead press 3x5
Light high-bar squats 3x5
Deadlift 1x5
Ab plank on the GHD 3xF

C:

Bench press 3x5/Overhead press 1x5
High-bar squats 3x5
Stiff-legged deadlift 3x8
Weighted chin-ups 3xF
Ab plank on the GHD 3xF

AxBxCxx

Overhead press is odd since it is well ahead of my bench.
>>
>>35518908

Your bench press should be 2x your ohp
>>
>>35518908

>Hammer curls 3x5

3x8
>>
>>35518926

I can bench 80 kg while overhead pressing 57,5 kg. And no I am not push-pressing.

>>35518929

Oh for fuck's sake. 3x10.
>>
>>35518941

Your bench just sucks. It's okay anon, accept it. Everyone on SL/SS runs into that problem I think. You need more accessories to target your benching.
>>
Suggestions for my routine?
I'm using a Texas tempelate

A:
5x5 Squat
5x5 Bench / OHP
5x3 Power Clean / 8x2 Power Snatch
45 min boxing

B: 90% of A
3x5 Squat
3x5 OHP / Bench
4x2 Power Snatch / 3x3 Power Clean

C:
2x3 PR for Squat
2x3 PR for Bench / OHP
2x3 PR for Deadlift
3x8 Barbell Rows / Weighted Pullups
45 min boxing

Is adding the boxing and the rows/pullups too taxing on my body?
I want to at least maintain my speed and technique for boxing while progressing in my lifts.
>>
File: 1438961803836.png (307 KB, 600x860) Image search: [Google]
1438961803836.png
307 KB, 600x860
>>35507335

Alright, here's the deal.
The smolov jr. program doesn't recommend you add much extra assistance work to the routine at all.
I don't agree much and I do think some accessory work is good, BUT you won't be able to progress in everything you want like that, specially not the OHP. So if you are gonna run smolov jr., even if just for the bench, you will have to sacrifice the progression on the rest of the upperbody stuff for a while if you wanna see the results the program promises (pretty much forget about doing barbell OHP for a while).

Here's how you could do the smolov jr. with a few accessories (will lower the sets on all accessories).

A
Bench 6x6
DB OHP 3x8
Lateral Raises 3x8
Skullcrushers 3x8 (remember the bar goes above your head and then further down, not to your forehead)

B
Bench 7x5
Closegrip Pullups or Chinups 3x8 (don't use too much weight, add 1kg per week)
Seated Cable Rows 3x8
Barbell Curls 3x8

C
Bench 8x4
Lateral Raises 3x8 (you don't need triceps, chest, or shoulder flexion exercises here since the bench trains all of those, and you wanna be ready for an even more intense bench day on D. Lateral Raises are a shoulder abduction exercise, so it's fine to do them here since it doesn't affect the bench much)

D
Bench 10x3
One-arm Lat Pulldown 3x8 (you will probably be exhausted from the tough week, and you shouldn't put too much extra volume here, so that you get some rest for the next, even more intense week)

It looks like too little, but the volume and intensity on Smolov jr. is crazy, and it really requires you to focus on it.

Now, I'm not particularly a fan of Smolov. I think there are other better programs like that (I'm a huge fan of Texas Method, as you can probably already tell). The Practical Programming book has a lot of details on how to progress with TM when you're having issues with a certain lift, so you might wanna give it a look if it interests you. The chapter on TM is kinda big but worth at least skimming through.
>>
>>35518335
P-pls respond
>>
File: 1439604612619.png (287 KB, 541x659) Image search: [Google]
1439604612619.png
287 KB, 541x659
>>35508300

I'd be a terrible waifu D:

The exercise selection itself isn't bad, but you need to spread those things out so that you can actually progress on the lifts instead of having one lift tamper with the progress on the other.

A
OHP 3x5
Barbell Rows 3x5 (any type you want really)
Clean 5x2
--- assistance ---
Snatch Pull
Skullcrushers (since the OHP doesn't train your triceps as much as the bench, as the weight is much lighter)

B
Floor Press 3x5 (a bench has a longer range of motion. while the floor press is enough to develop a good chest, the bench would develop more overall pressing strength)
Deadlift 1x5 - then 1x5+1x3 working up to your 3RM - then 1x5 - then 5x1 working up to 1RM. Add weight on all those, of course (on the second one you only add weight to the 1x3 set). But you wanna do more 1x5 than the rest since it's what will trigger the most muscle growth and likely better strength development for a novice.
Hip Thrusts 3-5x5
--- assistance ---
Lateral Raises (since the bench doesn't train shoulder abduction as the OHP, and it's very important for progressing on that lift)
Rear Delts (as you are not rowing this day)

>>35512681

Sounds perfectly fine. You are not gonna overtrain, that's only really a concern for intermediate and advanced lifters. If you feel your performance has slowed down a bit, just take a light day and eat/rest a bit better, and you will be fine for the next workout.

>>35513693

Bench
Closegrip Bench or Dips
DB Incline Bench
Cable Crossovers
Low Cable Flys

I'm not a big fan of brosplits but those are some good exercises for the chest.

>>35518301

Pendlay's Texas Method is pretty much perfect for training for oly weightlifting while still getting strong and adding mass (TM has pretty high volume).
>>
>>35519089
Alright thanks for the help.
>>
File: 1409882116898.jpg (177 KB, 713x913) Image search: [Google]
1409882116898.jpg
177 KB, 713x913
>>35515827

I agree with >>35515914
Another change I'd do is to add bench to A. You wanna press, pull, and do legs on every workout.

I also think you shouldn't waste your time doing 80% work, that's not useful for a beginner who could just do 100% and add weight on every workout.

>>35518335

For A, do squats right after the bench. Change the db flys for cable flys or crossvers. Switch the db incline bench (it's too redundant since you are doing ohp and bench already) for skullcrushers, so that you increase the triceps work.

For B, add squats after the pullups. You wanna squat at least twice per week, or your lowerbody and core strength will lag way behind.
Do DB supinating curls as I describe here >>35504863 Pullups already work your radiobrachialis a lot, so you don't need hammer curls. On the other hand, you don't have any supinated work for the biceps, and hammer curls are not enough to maximise the biceps growth and strength since it wants supination to be 100%

For C, add lateral raises and skullcrushers or dips.

For D, do the deadlifts as the first exercise, or your grip will be too tired to progress on the deadlift properly.
Also, same deal as the B workout when it comes to the hammer curls. Do supinating curls instead.

>>35518908
>>35518941

There's nothing wrong with having such a strong OHP, but your bench isn't lagging behind at all imo. There's a trainee in my gym who can OHP 62kg for 5 reps, but can only bench 74kg for 5 reps. Some people just have very strong delts.

Add skullcrushers to the days you do OHP (since the press works your triceps a lot less than the bench), and add lateral raises to the days you bench (since the bench doesn't work shoulder abduction, and it's an important part of the ohp).

For B, do deadlifts before the light squats.

For C, do weighted chinups after squats, at 3x5 and try to progress like you would with the bench press. You can probably keep adding 2kg to it for a long time, then switch to 1kg once it gets too hard.
>>
File: 1442194985194.jpg (118 KB, 659x460) Image search: [Google]
1442194985194.jpg
118 KB, 659x460
Let me know if I missed your post, I'm trying to help everyone but the thread is quite large so it's easy to miss something.
~<3

>>35519068

I suggest you do upperbody before the squats on A. It works better for most people since squats can be quite taxing, specially 5x5 squats.
I'd move rows/pullups to B, your grip and back will be too tired from the deadlifts on C, and doing them on B won't negatively affect your deadlift on C since they are mostly a lats work.

And there's nothing wrong with boxing. Pendlay's trainees used to do the 3-day TM and extra training on the off-days for improving the oly lifts technique, so they pretty much worked out 6 days per week.

Plus, boxing is mostly cardio. So as long as you eat enough, it won't affect recovery at all and might actually enhance it.

The rest looks good.

Oh, I highly suggest you add this exercise here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_oHWuQhyMY
It works your serratus a lot, which is very important for a fighter, not to mention strengthening your obliques for the hip work during punching, and the chest of course. It's pretty obvious from the movement of the exercise that it's gonna be great for increasing the punching strength and endurance, kek.
>>
>>35519308
would that routine still be workable if i switched deadlift and clean?

the feng shui of deadlift on ohp day and cleaning on hip thrust day feels better for some reason...
>>
File: 1442194985115.jpg (77 KB, 408x619) Image search: [Google]
1442194985115.jpg
77 KB, 408x619
>>35519572

It might be problematic since both the deadlift and the row is taxing on your grip strength, while the clean should be way lighter on it (specially since you should be using hook grip).
You can try it, though. These things always come down to personal preference, since everyone is different.

I do suggest you deadlift before the rows if you do the switch, though, since the deadlifts rely on your grip a lot more than the rows. Hell, you can even use straps for the rows if you need to.
>>
File: Marina Ambrósio.jpg (433 KB, 1195x1600) Image search: [Google]
Marina Ambrósio.jpg
433 KB, 1195x1600
>>35516760

Marina is the best <3 pretty much goal body
>>
>>35519566
I've always opened with squats when I did SS and I loved it, but this is my first time incorporating oly lifts into my routine. Any particular order I should do the lifts if I feel comfortable doing squats before by bench/ohp?

I like moving the rows/ pullups to B.

And how would you incorporate the suggested exercise into my routine?
>>
>>35519632
Hi trappy.

You asked my my fav excersises etc.

I like to do everything expcept cleans ive never done those.

My main goal is to develop my body evenly in muscle. Im 178 cm and 65 kgs and eating at 2700 kcal plus.

I like to be in the gym so a 4 or 5 day routine would be nice.

Im gonna continue my bulk to may then cut down.

Is that enough info for a routine?
>>
File: 1445608682432.jpg (91 KB, 622x832) Image search: [Google]
1445608682432.jpg
91 KB, 622x832
>>35519686

The exercise order you have is good. There's nothing wrong with doing squats first, you do lots of cardio so you likely have good stamina and energy.

The cable crossover? Just do it at the end, after all the rest.
>>
>>35519603
>problematic
back to tumblr, idiot
>>
File: 1436848454713.jpg (106 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1436848454713.jpg
106 KB, 1280x720
>>35519718

Are you this poster? >>35507468
I'll write you an intermediate routine with good volume, since you're bulking a bunch.

>>35519727

Holy kek, are you really triggered by a word?
>>
>>35519721
3x8-10 cable crossover at the end of my A and C sound good?
I'm guessing it would be best to keep it away from my B to not overload the "light" day?

And thank you trappy <3
>>
>>35519746
are you calling me c.uck for calling you out on your tumblr language?
>>
File: 1449041369807.jpg (94 KB, 1000x562) Image search: [Google]
1449041369807.jpg
94 KB, 1000x562
>>35519772
cuckroach detected
>>
>>35519746
Yes thats me
>>
>>35519772
The word "problematic" has been around since the early 17th century. Nothing about his application of it was Tumblr-like either. What the fuck are you moping over?
>>
>>35519308
Thanks for that. Those exercises weren't my routine, they were just my 1RM for an idea of where I am at.

The routine I am currently finishing up is 5/3/1 BBB. Your routine was still helpful though, thanks for keeping /fit/ good.
>>
File: 1442194985175.jpg (65 KB, 283x678) Image search: [Google]
1442194985175.jpg
65 KB, 283x678
>>35519800
>>35519718

This is more of a bodybuilding program, but since you are eating a bunch, you will be able to progress on the main lifts just fine. Add weight to the 3x5 work on every workout, upperbody 1-2kg (1kg for the ohp, always), lowerbody 2kg.

ABCxDEx

A
Bench 3x5
OHP 5x5 at 90%
Closegrip Bench or Dips 3x8
Cable Crossovers 3x8-12
Low Cable Flys 3x8-12
Lateral Raises 3x8-12

B
Weighted Chinups 3x5
Barbell Rows 3x5
One-arm Lat Pulldowns 3x8
Cable Rows 3x8-12
DB Supinating Curls 3x8-12 (start with hammer then supinate the wrist after the lifting the first few centimetres. this maximises the biceps work)

C
Squats 3x5
DB Incline Bench 5x8-12 (yes, not a typo)
Romanian or Stifflegged Deadlifts 3x5
Pistol/Tuck/or Split Squat 3x8-12
Barbell Hip Thrusts 3x8 (optional, really. some people don't like training butt, though you should. guys with nice butts <3)
Calf Raises (seated or standing) 3-5x12

x

D
OHP 3x5
Deadlift 1x5 then work your way up to 1x3 3RM with singles for warmup
Squats 5x5 at 80-90%
Skullcrushers 3x8-12
Cable Crossovers 3x8-12
Lateral Raises 3x8-12

E (eight-hour-arm-workout CMON)
This day is optional. You can skip it if you want/have to.
Barbell Curls 3x5-8 (go heavy as fuark, cheating is fine)
Weighted Closegrip Pullups 3x8-12
Wrist Rollers 3x8-12
Flat Bench Cable Curls 3x8-12
>>
>>35520040

Oh, you also add weight to the 1x5 for the deadlift, so you increase your 5RM as well.
>>
>>35520040
The most romantic thing a women ever told me. Thank a bunch <3
>>
File: klokov HSPU.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
klokov HSPU.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNCupJIYP6M

Do you guys do these?? Can you do them free standing?
>>
>>35519603
i will do deadlifts first, and my grip fails on rows, i will use wrist straps on them like a little fucking bitch.

thanks trappy <3

when i make it can we buttsex?
>>
I've been doing SS 5x5 off and on for a year. I'm hitting plateaus with my lifts (takes about a week to add 5lb to squat now, OHP seems to have stalled completely, bench and diddy are the only ones still increasing) so I'm looking to either alter it or change completely.

So far I've added standing calf leg raises (machine) 3x8, dumb bell curls 3x8, and added fat grip things to the rowing machine (I don't do barbell rows) for my forearms.

I'm looking to add things specifically for delts and tri because I feel like they are the ones holding me back, esp in OHP.
>>
File: 1450936017503.jpg (77 KB, 480x451) Image search: [Google]
1450936017503.jpg
77 KB, 480x451
>>35520101

Np bby <3

I've been thinking a bit more about it, since you've been lifting for a while, it might be hard to progress with 3x5 on the main lift of the day.
So if that's the case, lower it to 1x5 and it pretty much becomes texas method.
Then you can follow the phases of the TM, if you get stuck for 2 weeks or so, you lower the 1x5 to 1x3 and increase the 3RM - which will be way easier (use a calculator to estimate it. You do this for a month on that particular lift, take 10% off of your 3RM and use it as a new 5RM, then go back to 1x5.

>>35520228

We can always buttsex. But I'm a bit inexperienced when it comes to sex, so you'd have to have patience with me :(
>>
>>35520147
Not quite sure what these have to do with a routine-thread but anyway.

I doubt most people in /fit/ do them, there are probably some that could do it against a wall like Klokov can, very few would be able to do it freestanding, especially to depth like that rather than a headstand.

They're gimmicky for Klokov anyway, he doesn't actually use them as part of a training program, rather, it's for some fun and showing off.
>>
>>35489411
trappy, thoughts on coolcicadas PPL?
>>
Best flavor and brand of protein?
>>
File: 1442194985119.jpg (132 KB, 785x924) Image search: [Google]
1442194985119.jpg
132 KB, 785x924
>>35520490

Not good if you wanna get strong. Fine if you just wanna look good - but then again, pretty much anything will make you look good if you workout regularly.

>>35520511

Cum flavour, directly from the tap ;)
>>
>>35520511
dis dick
>>
>>35520535

... I should stop posting for now, kek...
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 101

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.