[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Leftmost figure >Pinnacle of mechanics, aesthetics, movement,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6
File: backsquat-vs-front-.jpg (30 KB, 400x259) Image search: [Google]
backsquat-vs-front-.jpg
30 KB, 400x259
>Leftmost figure
>Pinnacle of mechanics, aesthetics, movement, posture, flexibility, penis size, safety, everyday and sports carryover

>Middle figure
>Feels kind of good until you get to higher weights and your form has a tendency to fuck you in the ass unless you struggle, feels unnatural when you have to avoid leaning forward, can drop the bar behind you easily when lifting on a platform when you fail but there are always safety issues

>Rightmost figure
>Disgusting failed abortion of mechanics, told that squatting is so natural that babies can do it but a weightlifter needs 9001 lifting cues and focuses to do it properly, can't even go to full depth without moving the spine curvature and breaking your back, can only be carried out when wearing a belt, wraps, straps, a suit, chalk, and are surrounded by industrial sized safety equipment, ten obese men that are spotting you, and tinnitus inducing heavy metal music
>>
File: 1451660506631.jpg (27 KB, 455x323) Image search: [Google]
1451660506631.jpg
27 KB, 455x323
good advice
>>
File: 1418311045230.gif (561 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1418311045230.gif
561 KB, 625x626
>>35484409
>>
Lol who gives a fuck about squats anyway
>>
>>35484716
Get the fuck out
>>
>>35484409
I agree.
>>
File: high bar.png (2 MB, 1382x784) Image search: [Google]
high bar.png
2 MB, 1382x784
high bar is the king of squat variations, the most balanced of the tree in terms of weight distrubution as well as total weight being moved
>>
Doesn't it make more sense for people lifting for sports to do lowbar?Since you can progress faster lift heavier weights and train posterior chain more???
>>
File: flawless back squat.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
flawless back squat.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>35484781
or you could use deadlift to focus on posterior chain and instead of doing two movements that accomplish effectively the same

>Fred Hatfield, AKA "Dr. Squat" who is a respected authority on strength training, has written a couple of very good books on the subject, and who competed at a fairly high level in both gymnastics and OL before achieving a 1008lb squat at 44 years of age and I believe around 255lbs, has argued extensively that not only should the HB squat be used EXCLUSIVELY for the training of athletes, but its qualities of carry over are such that even POWERLIFTERS who are actually competing with a low bar, bent over, only to parallel and sometimes wide stance squat, should in fact do HB, Olympic style squats for much of the off season. In a rough quote of his words, HB squats build strength, LB squats demonstrate it.
>>
>>35484833
>That webm
Wow.Dunno if it was dysmorphia but I thought he would snap in half with that weight.
>>
Can anyone that claims low bar is for idiots please post current body and squat stats? Because I'm not sure anybody here lifts anymore
>>
>>35484751

lowbar is absolutely disgusting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLVJTBZtiuw
>>
File: Reaction273.gif (1 MB, 459x255) Image search: [Google]
Reaction273.gif
1 MB, 459x255
>>35484409
Which one puts more stress on the knees?

That's what's most important to me.
>>
>>35484833
All I see is gray yoga pants.
>>
>>35484891
You go first.
>>
>>35484981

Such a cherry picked video, comparing Oly squats to multi ply abomination lifts from retarded feds. Go compare IPA squats to OLY.
>>
>>35484409
>penis size
Stopped reading there.
>>
>>35484888
>Dysmorphia

What are you talking about?
>>
>>35484888
>thinking a 77kg man would die from a 190kg squat double. I think you've never squatted in your life.
>>
>>35485003
Okay. Legs only or current body?

>>35484409
My favorite part of this post is that it's "low bar is really harrrrrd though"
Fucking kek.
>>
>tfw been squatting for a year but still can't into squatting

Should I stretch more before? I feel like I*m not using my legs at all and it's mostly my hamstrings and glutes.

No, I'm not low bar squatting
>>
>>35485209

one of the videos that helped me the most to make my squat feel amazing:

https://youtu.be/58dkMblR9RM

eng subs should be fine, dont skip forward too much, it's really worth the watch.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.