[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post-workout nausea
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (134 KB, 567x522) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
134 KB, 567x522
Why do I feel like I'm going to throw up after I work out? Does anyone else experience this? How can I prevent it?
>>
>>35482916
Wut
>>
>>35482916
I've gotten this before, too.
Come up with a really good de-stressing routine. For me, the nausea would hit like 30 minutes after I was done working out, so immediately after I was done i'd take my time stretching, decompressing, making sure I was completely relaxed. It stopped after a few weeks.
Completely anecdotal experience, though. I have nothing scientific with which to help you.
>>
Your doing to much/or your using ti much weight
>>
>>35483030
That might be it. I get really stressed going to the gym. Thanks.

>>35483032
This could also be a factor. I've been pushing myself harder recently.
>>
>>35482916
Is this a meme
>>
>>35482916
> lactic acid build up

Your body can't get rid of the lactic acid quick enough.
>>
>>35482916
I get this when I deadlift/squat heavily without taking much rest time. But I feel it after the set, not after the workout. The gut feeling is a massive turn-off.
>>
>>35483032
This, I get this sometimes just because I'm doing way to much.
>>
get more sleep
I'm serious
>>
>>35482916
either you're lifting too much, need more cardio, or not eating/sleeping enough before your workouts. Sometimes i'll do something like just eat a banana an hour before I go to the gym if it's too late to eat a full meal
>>
File: 1450368945564.jpg (6 KB, 166x215) Image search: [Google]
1450368945564.jpg
6 KB, 166x215
In my experience it's due to shitty cardiopulmonary capacity (yeah, cardio). Lifting weights doesn't do much to improve it, but you do need more and more of it as you progress and add more weight or do bigger workouts, so you might eventually start feeling like shit as you go forward.
>>
No, i feel like i just smoked a bowl when i finish my post workout cardio.

Leave the gym feeling like a million bucks. You probably pushed it too hard.
>>
>>35483493
This
>>
I get this when dehydrated or if I miss a few weeks and get out of shape
>>
>>35484030
this, if i go too long without doing cardio at this point, my breathing gets wayyy to heavy and even difficult at times. If I do too much cardio my heart rate is too slow at rest and hard, I hear it when I try to sleep and that becomes a pain in the ass as well. The struggle
>>
I had this urge today.

After 2 weeks off and a bad nigths sleep I think it's normal.
>>
>>35482916
Sometimes if I go super hard and have eaten beforehand, yeah. Just let it up and keep going
>>
ganja usually helps me everytime, works like a charm
>>
>>35484022
I know I don't do enough cardio and I only got 4 hours of sleep before my work out so that could have something to do with it.
>>
The only time that's ever happened to me is if it's the first time I've worked out in a long time.
>>
There are 3 times I almost barfed after working out.

>the first time I ever went to the gym
>the first time I took pre-workout. Took a bit too much on an empty stomach
>when I took 2 weeks off because of a family emergency

Just stay consistent and it'll go away.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.