[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hiking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: DSCF1082.jpg (4 MB, 4608x3456) Image search: [Google]
DSCF1082.jpg
4 MB, 4608x3456
Anybody here hike for the natural gains?

Pic related, I had to park outside of the state forest and hike in just to get to the base, but then reached the highest point in my county after hiking for 4 1/2 hours this morning, started at 5:30 when it was dark lol
>>
i do bro. burns a ton of calories in a short time without even feeling like it. kills stress, get that vitamin d from the sun, tons of time to think and get back to the basics. hike near a lake or a river and you can swim too. mountain bike is like hiking x20.
>>
>>35482001
I do. Usually in the summer, but winter too if I don't feel like going skiing.

Also reaching a summit and then brewing yourself an espresso on the portable gas burner at around 9AM is fun.
>>
File: hiking.jpg (6 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
hiking.jpg
6 KB, 300x168
>tfw watching the sunrise after a morning hike
>>
>>35482001
b-but cardio kills gains!
>>
>>35482433
Cardio makes gains if you eat enough
>>
>>35482443
This information is conflicting with my current beliefs.
>>
>>35482465
Good
>>
>>35482001
always liked to hike, daytrips up to 40km
last year decided to run a marathon and i am hooked on running now

more to see in a shorter time
but transporting water is difficult and the hilly countrysides are a pain in the ass
>>
>>35482550
I use a camalbak for water, 5L. Works great for me.
>>
File: P1000658.jpg (285 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
P1000658.jpg
285 KB, 1600x1200
>>35482001

It's my main source of fun, if I'm honest. I only go to the gym because I live in the city and can't get out as much as I'd like. Anything that gets me outdoors - hiking, climbing, kayaking, camping.

Pic related: Scotland in Feb last year. Haven't been back yet. Feelsbadman.
>>
>>35482001
I fucking love going into nature. Even when I'm not out of the city, I'm living on the outskirts of Stockholm at the moment so I can trek a lot just walking from my home.

It's when I walk that my mind goes blank and I can just enjoy the environment and breathe the cool air.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.