[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does drinking half a bottle of whiskey a night affect gains?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
File: Glenfiddich-Duty-Free.jpg (185 KB, 1100x1026) Image search: [Google]
Glenfiddich-Duty-Free.jpg
185 KB, 1100x1026
Does drinking half a bottle of whiskey a night affect gains?
>>
>>35480990
Probably, retard.
>>
File: image.gif (905 KB, 328x480) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
905 KB, 328x480
>>35480990
Yes faggot, read sticky
>>
>>35480990
Did somebody say high functioning alcoholic
>>
>>35480990
yes
>>
>>35480990
Yes, but just make it fit your macros.
>>
Your liver will hate you but if you hit protein and calorie goals you'll be fine for awhile.
>>
>>35480990

No, Whisky and dark beer will increase your testosterone by 100%. I don't need a scientific study for this shit. Just take the fact that I sport a chest full of hair that makes the boys at the gym blush when they see a true man like me walk past to do my 5 plate squats for reps.

Drink the fuck up OP and if you stop for your gains, then you aren't lifting heavy enough.
>>
Half a bottle without a mixer is roughly 700cal right?

It's a complete waste of calories but if you count it you'll be fine.
>>
>>35481017

why did i laugh?
>>
>>35481431
It's not the calories that's worst, it's the fucked up protein synthesis from the alcohol that kills the gains.
>>
>>35481431

Absolutely - but at the same time he's also missing out on a bunch of micronutrients from proper food that is also beneficial.
>>
>>35481332
>high functioning

Nope, no one said that.
>>
>>35480990
no op you'll be fine, keep doing it.
>>
>>35480990
300% gain in testosterone response. Tons of studies of alcohol consumed after lifting here a bit ago. Google it.
>>
File: 1449616216999.jpg (30 KB, 400x602) Image search: [Google]
1449616216999.jpg
30 KB, 400x602
>>35481332
>>
>>35481444
Because it's still funny on your 3rd day here.
>>
>>35481824
>300% gain in testosterone response. Tons of studies of alcohol consumed after lifting here a bit ago. Google it.

This is somewhat untrue.

While it does increase free test for 2 ~ 4 hours after taking alcohol, it greatly decreases test for 48 hours afterwards, so much so that any gains from free test are probably lost.
>>
It affects your wallet gains
>>
>night

Doesn't that fuck with your sleep something shocking?
>>
>>35480990
Yeah, big time
>>
>>35480990
Is this a serious question?
>>
>>35480990
>whiskey
Someone has no fucking class. Vodka master race. The cheaper the better.
>>
>>35482701
It does on the nights you don't drink
>>
>>35481444
Because there are two pushing exercises and no pulling ones.
>>
>>35484069
There are 3 pushes and 1 pull.
>>
Can I drink poison and still be healty?
>>
since this thread seems related...

former alcoholic bros out there, how long does it take for cravings to go away? it's been a week of going cold turkey from drinking every night and i still get bad cravings, especially after work and at night
>>
>>35480990
as far as alcohol goes whiskey has the least cals per serving and gets you drunk p quick

that said still uneccassary and empty calories.
cut it down to once a week, or once every other week dog.

also shit nigga half a bottle you getting trashed everynight or what
>>
I drink a liter of vodka everyday and it hasn't effected my gains yet
>>
>>35481416
All kinds of alcohol just need to get to a level between .015 +- 8 for the test boost.
Whiskey is leanest tho
>>
>>35480990
>half a bottle of whiskey a night
this will affect your liver more than gains
>>
>>35481431
Alcohol is a weak poison and he is binge drinking every night. Ruined organs, shit skin, chemical imbalences. Hangovers. Poor decision making skills.
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 686x609) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 686x609
>>35482648
Yea a stupid money dump just like ciggarettes.
>>
>>35480990
half a bottle? yes
try to cut it to a glass or two
>>
They say alcohol is a painkiller for the soul, what are you running away from OP?
>>
>painkiller for the soul

u wot m8
>>
>>35480990
no

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11007236
>Body composition changes induced by chronic ethanol abuse: evaluation by dual energy X-ray absorptiometry.
>Alcoholics showed a reduced fat mass and a good preservation of lean body mass with respect to control subjects, and duration of alcohol use and alcohol dose did not seem to influence body composition.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17717682
>Motor performance during and following acute alcohol intoxication in healthy non-alcoholic subjects.
>No change was seen in isokinetic as well as in isometric muscle performance during or following the alcohol intoxication as compared to the non-alcoholic condition.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2299844
>The effect of ethanol on exercise-induced muscle damage.
>It was concluded that acute ingestion of alcohol has no effect on several indicators of exercise-induced muscle damage.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10642377
>Effect of acute postexercise ethanol intoxication on the neuroendocrine response to resistance exercise.
> Concentrations of testosterone, luteinizing hormone, and corticotropin were not affected by either treatment.
>>
>>35480990
do you actually drink this whiskey? Cause its too expensive if your gonna drink half a bottle at a time. The law of marginal returns applies heavily to alcohol.
>>
File: the.jpg (28 KB, 496x371) Image search: [Google]
the.jpg
28 KB, 496x371
Go to sleep Jason
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.