[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I'm pretty new to lifting and have noticed that stretch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
So I'm pretty new to lifting and have noticed that stretch marks are forming at my bicep such as pic related. Is there something I'm doing wrong or a way to prevent/get rid of them. I don't want to stop working out but stretch marks up my bicep are going to kill my confidence that I'm working towards getting.
>>
Been lifting for about 4 or 5 months now. Stretch marks on my biceps appeared a while ago, but have been growing a lot lately. Anyone know why/what I can do?
>>
>>35480058
It also happened to me but on my lats.

Red stretch marks appeared but they soon disappeared
dont worry dude
>>
i think you can use basic oils and lotions to prevent them from getting worse
>>
>>35480102
I thought stretch marks were permanent?
>>
>>35480141
Depends on the severity. From gaining muscle you'll be fine the actual size gain from fat is ample enough to make them stay for awhile if not forever.
>>
>>35480102
>>35480160
>>35480107

Thank you all, saved me from a lot of worry and stress
>>
>>35480058
Dear OP you're working out too much sorry.
focusing on size rather than strength.

Your muscles are pretty much completely replaced every 90 days or so while collagen based tissues like fascia and skin take roughly 200 days or so to be replaced.

In the mean time jack up your collagen, boil the fuck outta some bone broth. Eat those cheap cuts of meat, the briskets, and the oxtails anything tough that takes hours to cook right.
Also if you can find it animal skins are the source of collagen. Boil the fuck out of them too. and drink that shit.

This is also a sign that your tendons and ligaments are not prepared for the loads you can provide them.

and according to Poliquin, who's pretty much the only guy I've ever heard talk about getting rid of them,
Schichandra berries. spelling probably off.
check his interview with tim ferriss for more details
>>
Having the same issue. On the one hand it shows that I've made progress, I guess, but they're still kind of unsightly.
>>
>>35480087
stretch marks are natures indicator that you have gone too far.
>>
File: image:50804.png (409 KB, 424x567) Image search: [Google]
image:50804.png
409 KB, 424x567
>Stretch marks from muscle
>bad

WHAT THE FUCK AM I READING? WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON IN THIS BOARD?

That's you fucking weight lifting badge kid, are you people fucking autistic? Holy shit go back to Fuck Reddit. I'm serious. Click that fucking X at your top left internet explorer shit and leave. This is fucking disgusting. I'm going to tell you something, you little fucking kids. You have only had ball hair less then 6 years so listen up. Stretch marks when you are fat, are disgusting. BUT if you get them when you weight lift. They are you warrior badge. A sign that you are growing. Something you can actually see and witness. So stop being a fucking Generation Z faggot and accept. If not, strike a fucking g match at the roof of you mouth
>>
>>35480942

This

Why has /fit/ been so beta lately
>>
>>35481049

Lately?
>>
>>35480860

Poliquin is a fucking lunatic
>>
Ok I here you guys, but my biceps aren't even that big. Like I've been working out for maybe 2 months. Just coming from DYEL. It justdoesnt make sense, my biceps aren't that big but I still have stretch marks.
>>
>>35480160
No
>>35480141
They are, but they fade and can be almost invisible if you're lucky.
>>
>>35480942
>*tips fedora*
>>
>he fell for the "getting big" meme
>>
>>35480942
Sweet meme bro
>>
File: Snapchat-2967973333995468990.jpg (275 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-2967973333995468990.jpg
275 KB, 1080x1920
>I know this feel

I don't really care about them they will probably fade put after a year or 2
>>
>>35483570 see >>35480942
Muscle stretch marks show you are making good progress
Fat stretch marks are just plain disgusting
>>
>tfw biceps won't even grow, let alone get stretch marks
>>
>>35483729
Doing it wrong, breh. Try lifting and eating. That helps.
>>
>>35480058
Cocoa butter every day
I get them on my chest, shoulder, and ass; takes a couple weeks but the butter works
>>
I have three small stretch marks.

They're on the side of my knee, nowhere near any place I've had muscle growth. I've never had a growth spurt, never been fat, and have no idea where they've come from.

...why
>>
>>35484126
Never had a growth spurt? Are you still 4 feet tall like you were when you were 6?
>>
>>35484139
No I'm 5'3. Come at me breh.
>>
>>35483570
Sorry ma nigga but you're O-bease.

>>35480058
Bro these guys are lying. I got stretch marks on my biceps and they're still there after 8 months. They're not visible BUT they're still their. They're permanent. If you get rid of them while they're red you can save yourself. And of course stop gaining weight. Go on a quick cut. If you don't believe me do your own research online.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.