[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to lose arm fat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: 1434510499809.jpg (265 KB, 650x917) Image search: [Google]
1434510499809.jpg
265 KB, 650x917
Dear /fit/,

I've recently made my mind about loosing the excessive arm fat I have with home exercises, for gyms are sort of expensive where I live.

I'm 23 yo female, and walk 1h to work everyday. I also used to be a competitive swimmer when in my teens, so I'm not a stranger to workout.

I heard a good way to tackle it is doing push-ups. If so, how long and how many days should I go about, and how do I know I'm doing it right?

Thanks for your patience, guys.
>>
Any form of cardio exercise that gets you sweating after at least 10 minutes. You can't target fat in one specific area like you can building muscle, you lose fat all over your body at the same rate.
>>
>>35476951
Thats fine by me.

I'm not particularly overweight, but I do have a belly pouch I'd like to lose.

I've read somewhere that doing exercise that particularly works the arms works faster, is that untrue?
>>
>>35476999
Kind of. If you do a cardio exercise with your arms, you'll still be losing body fat all over your body, but you'll also be building more arm muscle which will help cover up the fat.
>>
>>35477023
What is cardio exercise with my arms?
>>
>>35477126
Rowing machine
>>
>>35477300
Do I need an actual machine for that?
I kind of wanted to do it from home.
>>
>>35476903
S T I C K Y
T
I
C
K
Y
>>
>>35477347
you could do a shadowboxing workout
>>
>>35477380
Either a rowing machine or move your arms in circles for 2 hours straight.
>>
>>35477380
wtf is shadowbox workout?

>>35477438
also, what?
>>
>>35477347
put cold packs onto your arms while working out. helped me a lot.
>>
>>35477380
>>35477438

You two are both fucking coons.

OP to lose fat, like the person said, you can't spot reduce. Just watch your caloric intake and do some aerobic exercises/body weight exercises to elevate your heart rate. None of this shadowboxing or "moving your arms in circles for 2 hours" shit.
>>
File: 1415240986418.jpg (37 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
1415240986418.jpg
37 KB, 450x300
>>35477475
>>
>>35477489
What kind of exercises can I do?
>>
>>35477364
Already read it, when I started dieting 1 year ago.
Did great for my body, but without exercise I didn't lose much fat.
>>
>>35476903
Spot reduction is a myth. You can't really lose fat of your arms specifically. So go for general weight loss.

Now you CAN train your arms, but any increase of arm muscles without a decrease in fat will make the overall size of your arms bigger, which usually happens to be the opposite of what you want.
>>
OP here.
I get the spot reduction mith, so I'll change my question.

What are good exercises I can do that require little to no equipment, and how to do them?
>>
>>35478564
Bodyweight exercises, for starters. If you have absolutely no equipment, consider stuff like pushups, pullups, situps, squats, etc. But if I were you, I'd honestly look into some sort of equipment. Other than that, you could always try to start swimming again, or running if you're willing to learn.
>>
>>35478564

Well if since you walk to work, that's kinda it. That's 2 hour of cardio right there, not very intensive but it's something and combine that with a caloric deficit you're gonna be losing some weight. There's also jogging,running, and yoga.

Your diet is the main thing, you can keep doing what you're currently doing(walking) but subtract 500 calories from your diet(go to my fitness pal) and you're set.
>>
It's unfortunate gyms are expensive there. You're a swimmer, and swimming is one of the best, if not the best, form of cardio out there. Full body, no joint impact, chance of injury is pretty much nothing unless you drown yourself.

Simple jogging is also very effective and requires no gym, and is faster for losing weight than lifting/bodyweight lifting.
>>
it doesn't sound like OP has read the sticky or this is troll bread
>>
>>35476903
1000mg of dnp
>>
>>35479122
I actually have, guys. The sitcky is great.
Do you guys have a routine of pushups and stuff for novice?
>>
>>35480477
What the fuck, don't tell her that.

Sweetie you need 3000mg of DNP 2x daily if you want to lose the loose skin :)
>>
Just how dumb exactly people are and how low is the quality of education?

Doesn't everybody already know that there's no way you could magically do one thing and burn fat from on place, cause you really can't.
>>
>>35482370
Move more eat less
>>
>>35477126
Push ups
Cardio version: Place your hands higher (on a table p.e)

also read the sticky
>>
>>35482747

its just the meme medias fault

they sell the "do abs to lose your belly fat" meme and desu it just sounds logical that you can lose fat by training your arms

You need to learn that its impossible to target areas first unfortunately schools, media etc dont give people that hint.
>>
>>35477300
The erg is not cardio for your arms. It is a full-body workout. Look up some form videos and you'll see.
>>
You need 100 push ups
Oh and 100 squats
Don't forget 100 sit ups
And lastly 10 km run
Every single day
>>
Saitama is my husbando
>>
>>35482853
>>35482900
You guys know a lot of japanese words for /fit/ bros, I must really say I'm impressed.

Okay, thanks everybody.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.