[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do squats actually increase test and hgh?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
>>
Who fucking knows anything when it comes to fitness desu
There's conflicting sources on everything
>>
>>35474882
They do. My wife's son has been squatting for a year and his test levels are through the roof.
>>
>>35474902
thanks /fit/
>>
Yes
but does it mean anything?
Probably not
>>
>>35474934
oh cool I'll call the science and finally let them know
>>
>>35474934
I can't believe this meme carried over into 2016
>>
File: image.jpg (922 KB, 1971x2645) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
922 KB, 1971x2645
>squatz and oatz
This is not a meme, i repeat this is not a meme, warning you will get big
>>
>>35475196
>instant oats
almost
>>
>>35474941
Hes right though. The only truth is trying hard is the key.
>>
>>35474882
I'd say just heavy lifting in general will increase those.
>>
>>35474934
cannot get enough of this meme please carry on
>>
File: testo.jpg (76 KB, 600x402) Image search: [Google]
testo.jpg
76 KB, 600x402
Hormones are produced by endocrine glands in the body. Once produced they work by floating around in your blood and eventually make it into a muscle cell in order to bind to a specific receptor for that hormone. This binding signals the cell’s DNA. In the case of anabolic hormones like testosterone, growth hormone and insulin-like growth factors the signal is to enhance the development of muscle protein contractile units (aka build some muscle!).

Stress from heavy resistance exercise increases anabolic hormone levels after exercise . The amount of hormone released is going to vary based on:

The amount of muscle tissue stimulated
The amount of muscle tissue repair needed after exercise
Volume of work done in a training session
Amount of rest taken between sets
Training Age (How long you’ve been training for)
So what do we have to do to increase our body’s production of anabolic hormones?

Utilize large muscle group exercises (Deadlift, Cleans, Squats)
Heavy Resistance (85-95% of 1 rep max)
Moderate to High Volume of Exercises
Multiple sets and multiple exercises per session
Short Rest Intervals (30-60 seconds). Longer rest periods will have similar effects but not as pronounced.
>>
>>35474902
Fucking truth
>>
>>35474902
Yup
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.