[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to start jumping rope for cardio. Any tips on how to best
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
I want to start jumping rope for cardio. Any tips on how to best utilize it? Better to do intervals or straight 30 minutes?
>>
>>35474175
>jumping rope
>straight 30 minutes

Are you the T-800?
>>
If you have never jumped rope before you will be lucky to last a minute before you need a break.
>>
>>35474175
So how should i start? I forgot to mention, i ruptured my asshole last session.. should i maybe wait a week to start?
>>
>>35474175
>straight 30 minutes
HAHA THIS IS A BIG ONE XDDDDDDDDDDD A GRAT ONE XDDDD CONGRATS MAN XXXDDDDD

LMAO I JUST LETERALY PEED MY PANTS XDDDD GOOD LUCK WITH THAT MAN XXXDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD LMAO 30 MINTES XDXDXDXDXDXDDD
>>
>>35474426
>, i ruptured my asshole last session
wat

>>35474248
>>35474263
This is the truth. Jumping rope will rekt you when you first start.

Just start. I'm sure there's some program out there as there's a program for everything, but really you can just do whatever for your first few times. Don't put much thought into it. Just youtube good form techniques.
>>
>>35474248
>not doing kickboxing for years and being able to do jump rope for longer than you can run
>>
anyone here have much experience jumping rope?
I dabble with it, and seem to be quite a natural.

the problem is i get pains in my ankles and shins from the hopping far faster than i feel a cardio burn. this avoidable? fyi, i jump on a oft wooden surface in good running shoes and my feet stay v close to the ground
>>
>>35474175
Ex kickboxer here, was able to do over an hour of continuous jump rope with bouts of high knee "sprints" every 30 seconds.

My piece of advice would be to start out with intervals, and keep practicing your technique at least 3 times as week, it will rek you starting out because you'll use inefficient form.

Slowly work your way up to longer intervals, then just have fun with it over time (months), learn tricks to make it more cardio taxing like double unders, high knee sprints, triple unders.

Good luck senpai, you will probably hate it at first, but stick with it.
>>
Here's a great introduction to jump rope

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgZdAIoniNo
>>
>>35474602
Maybe you're overdoing it?
>>
>>35474474
if i can hula hoop with a 6 lb hula hoop for 30+ minutes, i think one can do jump roping for 30+ min.
>>35474175
i usually go in 5 minute intervals, changing positions to target different muscles more and doing each side evenly with my hula hoop.
>inb4 hula hoop meme
you try hula hooping with a 6 lb one for 30 min before saying shit
>>
>>35474750
>hula hoop
WTF

I hope you're a girl otherwise that's gay as hell
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.