[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Getting Navy Seal Fit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6
File: navyseal.png (388 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
navyseal.png
388 KB, 450x450
I know it takes a lot more than fitness to become a Navy Seal and I don't intend on joining, seeing as I am not even in the US but how would someone get from being completely unfit to the competitive scores?

Navy SEAL PST Standards
PST Event Competitive Standards
500 Yard Swim 8 Minutes
Pushups 80-100
Sit-ups 80-100
Pull-ups 15-20
1.5 Mile Timed Run 9-10 Minutes
>>
>>35473459
working out/training/practice

that was a very stupid question you faggot
>>
>>35473459
go to meetup . com
join 2 groups: a swimming group, a 'bootcamp'/calisthenics group
repeat until fit
>>
>>35473484
To anyone who actually is interest in Spec Ops:
http://www.navysealteams.com/warning.htm
http://scoobysworkshop.com/zero-to-100-pushups-for-complete-beginners/
http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml
http://ruthkazez.com/SwimWorkouts/ZeroTo1mile.html
>>
>>35473459
you think 80-100 pushups, situps,15-20 pull ups and running 1.5 mile in 9 -10 mins is competative...you want to be able to blow most of these things out of the water.
>>
>>35473547
Got my info from here

http://www.military.com/military-fitness/navy-special-operations/navy-seal-fitness-test

>>35473484

What workouts precisely because I believe someone pursuing the goal of becoming a Navy Seal would be different from your average gym goer.
>>
>>35473579
You think its that easy to get into the second best special use unit in the world?
Every marine wants to be a SEAL. All 6 gorrilion of them. And none of them are. Because after meeting those scores, you are given the opportunity to fail along with 80% of the other people who thought they were good enough.
Also "getting navy seal fit" is fucking stupid. People like you, spoonfed by hollywood and those workout assholes, are the reason why SOF no longer holds the seals so high. There is no "navy seal fit"
Just lift weights if you want a phisique, eat less if you want to lose weight, and do warning order for 2 years or more straight (which you wont do, my new years child) and fail out of BUDS like everybody else.
If you want to be a SEAL, its all in the brain. Sure, you need a vessal capable of much more than those "competitive" standards, but its all in the brain.

Also, thats a DEVGRU related pic, not SEAL, but your filename shows differently.
And dont lie. If you want to be a seal, I can help you, but I wont help you get "navy seal fit"
>>
I'm in the Navy and I know a few SEALS, from what they tell me you just need to be able to do calisthenics and running out the ass. Holding planks for 5+ minutes, flutter kicks for 5+ minutes, holding front leaning rest, and just a metric shitton of running.
>>
>>35473782
flutter kicks for over an hour on hell week.
>>
>>35473691
Not op, but im going marines, i want to pursue a marsoc career, and probably going recon since it would the most logical progression due to the background. I would take some advice if you are willing to give me, even if you only have a seal background, for what you seem to say...
>>
>>35474710
Anyone?
>>
>>35473459
Coast Guard is where its at brah.
>>
>>35473459
http://www.extremesealexperience .com/Seal-Pt

BUD/s and really most SOF Training is mental over physical. If you make it past the SEAL Mentor Training, indoc and pre-BUD/s, you should have what it takes physically (I'd assume), but making it through BUD/s is a whole different ball game mentally.
>>
>>35475536
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
>>35475944
Blaha?
>>
A bit of advice for those wanting to train for similiar military standards.
Specificity is key. For example, the best way to increase your push ups is by PRACTISING PUSH UPS. This applies to pull ups and sit ups too. That's not to say that supplementing these with other exercises such as compound lifts doesn't help, but remember to keep your training SPECIFIC.

Also, bodybuilding and bodyweight endurance training are counter productive. If you are serious about your military goals, then it is best to put bodybuilding aside as putting on more mass will only make your body weight exercises more difficult.
>>
>>35476005
So ditch the gym?

Hit the push ups, sit ups and pull ups and get running and swimming?
>>
Read this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/JobFair/comments/2cd9lz/i_am_a_navy_seal/cjybwno

And the rest of the thread.

>inb4 reddit
>>
you know what else it takes to be a navy seal? A security clearance. Good luck with that with your non american ass.
>>
>>35476223
Exactly. Your cardiovascular fitness is the biggest priority. Leg strength is also a very important and often overlooked factor. You can kill two birds with one stone by throwing in some hill sprints, intervals and circuit training with plenty of leg exercises. It is uncommon for leg strength to be tested in military selection but it is crucial once you pass selection, particularly for marines and SF personnel.
>>
File: E8lHCCa.jpg (102 KB, 499x669) Image search: [Google]
E8lHCCa.jpg
102 KB, 499x669
>>35473459
SS with bodyweight pull ups and dips as accessories. Do calisthenics on lifting days (push ups, sit ups).

Cardio on off days. Swim 2-3 times a week. Mix your running with HIIT and distance.

Other than that, be mentally tough.
>>
>>35474710
Want to be in great shape for the muhreens?

1. Be able to do 100 push ups in 2 min. rest for 2 min

2. Be able to do 100 sit ups in 2 min immediately after the push up rest period.

3. Be able to do 20 pull ups with no time limit 2 min after you do the sit ups.

4. Run 3 miles as fast as you can about 3 min after the pull ups. Be able to run it in 18 min. I recommend 3 days a week of sprints and 1 day a week do a 3 mile run for time. Every other week do 3, 3mile runs for time with a rest day in between.

Do as many overhead presses of about 30 pounds that you can (I think the best score is 100 in 2 min?) I only worked out with those knuckle draggers for like 5 months. I don't rememeber how much those dumb ass ammo cans weigh.

You'll have to be good at the obstacle course, but I'm not sure the best way to train for that. I'd recommend just paying attention in bootcamp and give it your best effort when navigating it.

Outside of that, anything you choose to do is just a plus. This is a good basline to follow for exceptional fitness for the muhreens. I guarantee that you will stand out if you can hit max standards on your pt tests, and I'm pretty sure that I listed the maxes correctly.
>>
>>35473459
You'll want to Excell at these. Hitting the minimum will mean you don't get in.
>>
>>35476258
He said he doesn't intend on joining you stupid faggot
>>
>>35473459
well shit i can do all of this besides the swim and the pullups
>>
>>35473927
this is what hell must be like
>>
>>35479019
tfw you get dropped from the officer selection program and are butt hurt about it
>>
>>35479019
Did you read my post at all, marines have an sof unit, and a very elite unit thats not sof only by name, because in training theyre fucking hardcore. Sof: Marsoc
Elite unit: Recon
Im not getting in shape for being a regular grunt, i am TRYING to be the best i can and perform the max i can
I thank you for the advice on that, but the fact you didnt even refer swimming led me to think you dont know shit about what youre saying
>>
>>35474710
As a marine myself, I'll tell ya that there's a difference for fitness stuff for officer and enlisted depending on what you're doing as far as what training will be like and what its goals are but no matter what you should focus a fuck ton on cardio. Good cardiovascular will save your ass 10 times a day at basic and make OCS a thousand times better just overall.
>>
>>35479180
No hell is where you're forced to be a tumblrfat's personal bitch
>>
>>35479340
I didnt even mention being an officer, i am going enlisted, i want that gi bill yeah thats one of my plans. But first i want to focus on making the cut
>>
>>35479311
If you meet those standards then you won't be a regular grunt, you'll be cream of the crop physically.

Everything that you are going to do for special forces they will teach you during training. You just need to be physically capable to do the training in the first place.

Get gud at running and bodyweight exercises and I guarantee that you'll be fine.

Can you do those things? Can you meet the standards that I just typed? Can you run 3 miles in 18 or less? Can you do that run after 100 push ups, sit ups, and 20 pull ups? You want a better, more precise guide, give more info about what I have to work with.

I just gave you a guide to btfo of any pt test that you will go through to get to where you wanna go in the marines, not a step by step guide of the training itself lol. Go look up exactly what their training is like and copy it step for step if that's what you wanna do.
>>
>>35479543
Thanks for the info man, appreciate it
>>
>>35479543
>>35480704
Btw im at 24 min 3 miles (i know really bad but ill get much better in these 3 months), 23+ pullups good form, 100+ situps. The running is killing me a bit i know but the rest is good... Swimming is what worries me cause i know they swim a lot in recon
>>
File: image:23267.gif (3 MB, 308x175) Image search: [Google]
image:23267.gif
3 MB, 308x175
>>35479400
>I want that GI Bill
Don't even join then.
>>
>>35473459
Get this shit outta here no one knows jack shit about it if you wanna learn go chill with SF
>>
>>35473459
This PST is the easiest thing you will do btw lol the actaual buds kills ya. My old man was SF and said he saw the seals do literally 1000 pushups like it was not shit.
>>
Hey guys I posted this on the /meg/ thread over in /k/ bit I figured I'd post here too since there are some military dudes ITT

I got a 95 on the AFQT and I have about 12-18 months time to get fit. Currently scoring about a 220ish on the APFT. Best medical jobs "outside the wire" across the branches?
>>
>>35480790
Pararesue is essentially special operations paramedic if you're interested
>>
>>35473459
there's god damn way that a 25 -30 year old man is running a 1.5 mile in 9-10 minutes.
>>
File: pepe fingers.jpg (7 KB, 180x180) Image search: [Google]
pepe fingers.jpg
7 KB, 180x180
>>35473459
>there are people on this board RIGHT NOW who can't do this

That's a basic bitch swim time, the pushups are basically a party trick once you get the form down, and anyone who can't do 20 pullups should hand in his man card. Random high school track kids can run 3 miles in 15 minutes.

The sit-ups are the legit hardest part of that test because if you have back problems or a weird tailbone they can be an issue.

I'm not at all disputing that SEAL training is insanely tough, but this is a single test, not the training. The physical imitation that drops people in BUD/S (and I assume the comparable programs in other branches) is STRESS FRACTURES. Even if you can crush these standards and are a hard motherfucker mentally, running in boots on sand all day long can fuck you up from the waist down if your bones and tendons aren't conditioned for it, which is a separate matter entirely from your muscles and heart. If you're still young, try to ruck and run in boots and/or barefoot to condition those parts of your body without breaking them.
>>
File: 1438984835724.gif (407 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1438984835724.gif
407 KB, 250x250
>>35480931
>basic bitch swim time
>random high school track kids running 3 miles in 15 minutes
>>
100 push ups
100 sit ups
100 squats
10 KM run
Every single day
>>
File: moon man.jpg (20 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
moon man.jpg
20 KB, 400x400
>>35481025
That swim time is only impressive if you're black or otherwise didn't have a father who loved you enough to not want you to drown.

My point still stands with the run, since that pace for three miles would be 18-20 minutes, which is actually terrible for varsity high school track.
>>
>>35473579

Remember those figures are the minimum requirements.

The also need to be met and exceeded under highly stressful conditions where your body is severely fatigued and malnourished.
>>
>>35480810
PJ is definitely at the top of my list, I rather do paramedic-ey stuff than diplomatic medicine like an 18D might
>>
>>35473691
this
i've read that they have to do all sorts of mental shit, especially with breath control and heartbeats per minute
it's like you have to be afraid enough not to give up and drown, but be fearless enough to put yourself in situations knowing you're probably going to drown if you don't get determined enough break your limits
>>
Go to the sealswcc website and look under documents for the SEAL pt guide which is written by actual Navy SEALs. Don't ask these tards
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.