[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are kettlebells a meme?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: 1432083755016.png (70 KB, 439x597) Image search: [Google]
1432083755016.png
70 KB, 439x597
Hey /fit/, I'm too poor to afford the gyms in my area, excluding pf but fuck that noise. I was thinking of buying kettlebells instead of just doing bodyweight exercises like I have been but are they meme-tier or can I actually build muscle with them?
>>
>>35472652
>can lifting a weight help me build muscle?
>>
>BUILD RINGS
>>
>>35472706
The crossfit people 'lift weights' too, doesn't mean they achieve gains..
>>
>>35472652
Adjustable dumbbells are the better investment in every regard. No idea why people even consider buying kettlebells instead.
>>
>>35472749

who says they don't?
>>
They are a legitimate training tool, but are mostly used by memesters and cross-fitters which has tarnished their reputation.

I wouldn't be seen using them in public except for one or two exercises.
>>
>>35472749

There are a lot of big crossfitters.

Kettlebells exist become you can't sell the same people 2 sets of adjustable dumbbells. You can sell people who own dumbells a set of kettlebells though.
>>
>>35472749
>Doesnt go to the gym
>thinks lifting weights is a meme
>clearly didnt lurk enough
Go back to /v/
>>
File: rogan.jpg (208 KB, 500x684) Image search: [Google]
rogan.jpg
208 KB, 500x684
>>35472652
those ones are a meme and a scam

>fix'd weight
>overpriced
>bullshit monkey and not the preferable smooth and symmetrical surface
>>
>>35472902
they roid
they roid with shitty programming so they look small compared to body building roiders
>>
>>35472652
OP, you could use junk from a junkyard or big rocks to train with if that's all you can afford, weight is weight, it doesn't matter what form it comes in.
>>
>>35472951
damn joe looks good. is he really 6'1"?
>>
>>35473766
hahahah no, he is 5'9'' according to his DL, so that's in shoes
>>
>>35473788
he's 5'7 irl
>>
>>35472652
The only thing wrong with them is the fact that they aren't adjustable

They're perfectly useful for accessory exercises
>>
>>35472652
Why do kettlebells even exist? They are like dumbbells that you can't adjust and that you can half the exercises with. Is there any real exercise that you can only do with kettlebells? I honestly don't think so.
>>
>>35472652
https://www.t-nation.com/workouts/10000-swing-kettlebell-workout

Great for cardio and honestly can be fun to work with. I use a 45lb one for swings and do a few other exercises with them. Definitely saw more size in my forearms doing this routine.
>>
>>35472652
>>35472951

Kettlebells are awesome. Conquering the beast 48kg kb is one of the greatest feats out there, basically a 48kg pull up, pistol squat and overhead press.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LklPFMDrEIw
>>
>>35472652
You can, just keep in mind you'll be working with a fixed weight so you won't see as many gains as with an adjustable weight.
But honestly depending on what your goals are, I may suggest something else.
>>
>>35472652
I have a dyel friend who swears by kettlebells, says he's stronk as fuark but he still looks small. Is it possible to get stronger without getting bigger?
>>
>>35474051
Yeah, he's 5" 7
>>
Buy a used set of barbells / dumbells as a starter and add to it as needed. New kettleballs are overpriced for a simple lump of cast iron.
>>
>>35474575
Yeah, I have a buddy who is maybe 5kg lighter then me and doesen't lift but he is suoer strong and fast. He is a kickboxer so theres that.
>>
>>35472652
if youre poor, kettlebells arent a good option. dumbbells are much cheaper and better bang for your buck.
>>
>>35472886
My gym has kettle bell classes, the instructor is good and the workout is legit. Plus the woman are hot and friendly, not so much if you went to a yoga class.
>>
>>35472652
Good as a cardio/circuit training alternative.
>>
Just go to Planet Fitness, no need to be stuck up about gyms anon.
>>
They are as good as any performance-oriented training tool or type e.g. rings, hill sprints, powerlifting routines.

Used right they can give you both the benefits they were designed for - power, endurance, deep muscles development, shoulder strength development (especially heavy get-ups), and in addition, if you use gym-smarts, your physique can also benefit by smaller body fat from intense swinging workouts or overall better proprtions, as most of the workouts affect the totality of bigger muscle groups.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.