[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/fit/, i'm damn close to giving up. > been lifting for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: tumblr_ls7yd35sH51qlys10.jpg (166 KB, 500x621) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ls7yd35sH51qlys10.jpg
166 KB, 500x621
/fit/, i'm damn close to giving up.

> been lifting for two years
> only gained like 12 pounds the entire time (5'10, 120lbs to 132lbs)
> guys who haven't touched a weight in their lives have better physiques than me
> watch friends who eat less than me and lift less than me fly past me in terms of gains
> been eating 3k cal a day for past two weeks and somehow am LOSING weight
> eat as much protein-rich food as i can afford, often eat until i feel like vomiting

what the fuck is wrong with me? why is gaining weight so fucking hard? how do the landwhales do it?

i-i'm not gonna make it, am i?
>>
Have you tried eating?
>>
>>35472478
Post pics
>>
>gaining basically zero weight
>not changing anything for two years

Use protein powder to supplement
>>
r u 14?
>>
Fucking liar.
Go see a doctor if you're legitimately eating past your tdee by that large off a margin and not gaining
But first gtfo
Your tdee is nearly 1700
>>
>>35472493
fuck off
>>35472513
i've been doing that for about a year
>>
>>35472478
>>35472502
Post pics

>Try clean your Cestodes
>>
>>35472478

Genuinely going to try to help you

Few questions

A) What is your training routine.

B) What were your lifts when you started compared to now

C) Have you been eating the same food day in day out everyday

Some tips:

Don't eat clean. Eat mostly whole foods. Don't use supplements. If you can't get food down it means you need to focus on calorie dense foods.

Stop eating so much protein. Literally 0.8 grams per lbs of goal body weight which should be 142lbs equating to 115g protein a day. That's right. That's it. Stop being a faggot. Eat more carbs and fats. Your body needs both don't neglect it. Fats are good for you and calorie dense.

Lift more weight and force it or lift more reps and force it. You should be surprised you're still able to do these reps.

Also if you're eating 3000kcal and your weight you must have the most ridiculously active lifestyle because 2200kcal to 2800kcal at your height typically sits people around 160-180 lbs
>>
>>35472478
If you really want to gain wait, have this with your breakfast every morning:
1 pint heavy cream
1 cup fruit
2 scoops vanilla whey protein
About 2000 calories and it's very easy to drink
Blend all of this together btw
>>
LOW TEST
O
W

T
E
S
T
>>
>>35472773

day 1: 5x5 bench, 3x8 incline, 3x8 fly, 6x8 tricep pulldowns, 3x8 of whatever other tri exercise i feel like
day 2: 3x8 lat pulldowns, 3x8 rows, pullups, curls, hammer curls, and brach curls
day 3: 5x5 squats, 3x12 leg press, 5x5 OHP, 9x8 lateral raises
at the end of every day i'll either do core or forearms too.

my lifts were pitiful when i started, for example i could barely bench the bar but now i rep 135. still awful, but a big improvement. i do 55lb incline, 65lb seated curls, 60lb rows, 85lb OHP.

i'm not really in a position where i can eat the same food consistently, i usually just eat everything i can get my hands on.

thanks for the tips tho, bro. i appreciate it
>>
U sure u don't got a tapeworm breh
I'd image it's pretty swole by now, ready to bust and spread its spawn in your bloodstream
>>
>>35472528
add an extra scoop to what ever you are drinking it with. that way you eat the same thing with more PROTONZ
>>
File: 1404294390378.png (487 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1404294390378.png
487 KB, 900x900
ARE YOU RETARDED..IF YOU ONLY GAINED 12 LBS, EAT MOREEEEEEEEEEEE

i don't care if you think you are eating enough..you clearly aren't..so just fucking up your kcal intake. Christ..
>>
>>35472478
List your typical daily meals. I bet you aren't eating as much as you think you are.
>>
>>35472993
sounds like you should do SL or SS
>>
>>35472993
> 2 years
>1pl8 Bench

Holy shit.
With that said, 3 easy answers to this question:
>Workout harder
>Workout smarter
>Eat more
>>
>>35472993
Eating is unquestionably the only way to gain weight. If you aren't gaining weight, reexamine your diet. You say you aren't able to eat consistently right now; that is fine, but don't be surprised that you at gaining weight
>>
Eat more. Eat until if you have one more bite of food you'll puke your guts out. Repeat this for every meal.
>>
Stop feeding that tapeworm.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.