[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /fit/ newb here wanting advise. >Girlfriend and I have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: Couples-Workout-410x290.jpg (13 KB, 410x288) Image search: [Google]
Couples-Workout-410x290.jpg
13 KB, 410x288
Hey /fit/ newb here wanting advise.

>Girlfriend and I have decided to start getting into shape (or more so, we're not fat slobs).
>Problem is neither of us are very knowledgeable about exercise regimes. Internet being the vast source of info is a bit overwhelming so was wondering if people could advise where to start?

>Would like to exercise at home, together. Gym is a big chunk of time we don't have, aiming for about 40mins to and hour before tea in the evening, daily. We both want to lose a bit of weight and get trim.

In a nutshell, where to start with fitness regime and healthy eating for a couple? Cheers
>>
>>35470547
>misusing maymay arrows

never gonna make it
>>
>>35470547
bumping this
>>
>>35470547
>>
>>35470547
It's painfully obvious you're never going to make it, so please leave this board and don't come back.
>>
>>35470547

I doubt anyone can be bothered with this much work

At some other time, ask /fit/ how they exercise and eat. Have a look through the answers and see if you can find something suitable.
>>
When you just want to train at home, google bodyeight exercises and do some for every muscle group. Don't expect much from it. Also when you "don't have time" for fitness you will probably fail. It takes years of training to get a good body and when you hate training you won't do it for a long enough time.

Go to a gym three times a week and make it a habit. Read the sticky. Doesn't take more time, you won't have excuses when you're there and you will have a nicer body in a shorter time (still takes years).

I hate even answering to you, because 99% of the people asking will fail because they are too lazy or don't value having a muscular body so they train half assed for some days and then never do it again. It's the same shit and it's the same questions everytime.
>>
>>35470547
It sounds like people like you are looking for the sort of thing Insanity or P90x can provide. Basically just high intensity calisthenics. You'll gain a decent amount of cardiorespiratory endurance and a teensy bit of muscle from that.
Btw, this is kinda the wrong place to ask about the fitness style that you guys are going for since most people here (well, the few of us who actually lift) only workout at the gym and want everyone else to. I had to restrain myself from calling you a DYEL faggot.
>>
>>35470547
Diet and have more sex
>>
People with girlfriends are not welcome here you massive asshole please fuck off
>>
>>35470547
Scoobys work shop.

/thread
>>
>>35470547
Okay OP, since everybody is being a faggot, here's the workout routine I did with my girl for 6 months last year (results were not incredible, but since you say you're not a fat couple and want to improve overall, it should work):
Day 1: Workout A from Stronglifts
Day 2: Yoga (we basically did 10 sun-salutations)
Day 3: Workout B from Stronglifts
Day 4: Yoga again
Day 5: 30 minutes of running, circuit of pullups, pushups and situps
Day 6: Yoga again
Repeat this six day cycle, you'll feel good and gain roughly 5 kg's off muscle if you're my build.

For the pullup-pushup-situp circuit, do the following:
Start with pullups, go to your max (say 10). then multiply by 2 and do that number of pushups (20) then multiply by 2 and do that number of situps (40). Repeat circuit 3 times.

Good luck, stay healthy.
>>
>>35470547
This form hurts to see a lot. Please delete this.
>>
>>35470858
cheers dude, didn't quite expect such aggression from the board (to be fair the sticky did help too)
>>
>a big chunk of time we dont have

people busier than you are going to the gym every day
confirmed for never going to make it
>>
>>35470878
On the eating part, my current diet consists of this:

Breakfast 1: Fruitshake (banana, organge juice, pineapple)
Breakfast 2: 1 Avocado with a little pepper
Lunch: 250 grams of yoghurt/cottage cheese with 100 grams of mixed nuts
Pre-workout: 50 grams of Oats with 50 grams of Whey Protein
Dinner: Whatever I feel like (sometimes salads, other days pasta, just alternate)
Late night snack: 50 grams of mixed nuts.

If you gain to much weight with this diet, cutout the late night snack. Diet is fairly balanced and contains roughly 2500KCal and over 100 grams of Protein. You also get all your vitamins. If you're not a fisheater (I'm not) I suggest adding some fishoil to your diet.
>>
>>35470547
THIS IS NOW A PUSHUP THREAD
> Rolling
>>
>>35470971
haha good idea
holy shit haha I can only do 20!!
I hope I don't roll too much xD
>>
>>35470547
>>35470971
Rawl
>>
>>35470971
Rollinings
>>
>>35470990
haha shit
rip me and my girlfriend /fit/ haha
>>
>>35470990
Have you never been in a pushup thread? If you cant do them all at once break it up and do it over an hour.
>>
>>35470547
you're going to get cucked once she gets fit :^)
>>
File: 1331368963135.jpg (104 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1331368963135.jpg
104 KB, 800x600
PUSH UP THREAD

ROLLING
>>
>>35470971
Roll
>>
the sticky, dumbass
>>
>>35470547
>Gym is a big chunk of time we don't have

shut the fuck up
>>
>>35470971
rolll
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.