[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cut or Bulk?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
I pretty much look like the guy in the pic, but with more muscle. We've got a couple months left of warm weather and swimming here in australia and i was wondering if i should cut first, then bulk, then cut again for december next year, or just bulk for 6 months then cut for 6 months? I'm probably gonna be doing it so half my time on each bulking or cutting cycle is on a Strength program and the other half is on a BB split. Which kinda diet plan should I do now? cut or bulk first? thanks guys
>>
>>35469755
Same situation (and country, incidentally). I'm going with cutting now and then a lean bulk. Bulking now will just make the cut harder when I get to it. By cutting first, I'll stay more motivated ('cause I'll look better), I'll be able to monitor how much I'm bulking visually as well as with the scale, and I won't have much to cut for summer next year. Just how I'm approaching it.
>>
>>35469802
desu i dont remember which month is the last of summer haha ( i think its january lol)
I think ill do 4 months of cut then 4 of bulk then 4 of cut but shit man this is my first time actually getting my diet in check, last time i tried to bulk i got sloppy and gave up out of laziness. this time ive been logging my food and stuff without trying to keep up to any specific macros, just to observe how drastically my diet needs to change - less fats, more protein and so forth. Really taking baby steps so i dont get derailed and overwhelmed
>>
>>35469802
I'm same situation and country too. I was planning on bulking through the summer, because it'd be useless to try to cut before the end of summer. Start cutting in June probably
>>
>>35469828
MyFitnessPal helps. Or you can go with the route I take and literally eat the same meals every day. Sounds boring as fuck, but I like it all a bunch and it fits my macros, so yeah.

>>35469835
I'm not cutting for the beach - it's just for motivation.
>>
>>35469755

have yo considered actually training or lifting first?
>>
>>35469835
>>35469848
I mostly just want to cut cause it'll make my bulk easier to track and cause I have PE weekly at school all year round anyway so theres no major time i needa look my best
I do use my fitness pal to track it and i have all the settings for my macros in, i just havent started planning meals to meet those macros yet because I don't want to bite off more than I can chew just yet
>>
>>35469862
I've been lifting for a year just with unmanaged diet, I just wanted to focus on the dieting aspect in this thread. The pic isnt an accurate representation of what i look like because it isnt me, I just used it as an example cause thats about the definition i have on my stomach, but with more muscle mass everywhere haha
>>
>>35469887
Planning for your meals to fit the macros makes it a lot easier, in my experience. Also, the more planning you do, the better you get at estimating macros in food when you go out.

>I mostly just want to cut cause it'll make my bulk easier to track
This is a big thing for me, too.
>>
>>35469916
I've just kinda been winging it on counting my food so far, like if I have chicken schnitzels, ill just find a homemade entry in the MFP database instead of logging all the ingredients and shit. I think im gonna make a bunch of beef jerky with some african seasoning for protein snacks
>>
>>35469945
You only need to log the ingredients once. Then just measure them out next time so you use the right amount. It doesn't take much extra time.
>>
>>35470055
yea some meals are just difficult to measure the ingredients
>>
>>35470102
Just guess, and use the nutritional information on the packet.
>>
>>35469755
That looks like 18-20bf so cut.
>>
>>35470135
Yeah I had myself figured for about 18%, but wasnt sure if it was worth cutting at that level, and where I can expect to cut to at about a pound a week for 4 months
>>
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 451x902) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 451x902
Cut or bulk boys?
I'm 5ft 9 67.5kg, I have puffy as fuck nipples so I wanted to get to 10% bodyfat... But I'm scared it'll take months
>>
>>35470483
bulk....its a long grind man. itll take a yr or 2.
if you gonna get old anyways, may as well be jacked
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.