[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How bad is alcohol for gains? I have 4 pints and a shot of whiskey
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
How bad is alcohol for gains?

I have 4 pints and a shot of whiskey last night.
>>
>>35469662
if this is serious...
1. having alcohol in your blood renders your prior training for like that whole week to be useless because you aren't going to repair the muscle fibers when your blood is full of fucking alcohol
2. it is poisonous
3. you can't train properly while its still in your system (nearly the rest of the week)
4. it dehydrates you and strips your body of minerals
5. its usually high in useless calories so your body feels gross
6. drinking is for basic bitches who, last time i checked, dont lift or have aesthetic bodies
>>
>>35469683
Man I wish I stayed drunk for a whole week after drinking
>>
>>35469662
http://www.leangains.com/2010/07/truth-about-alcohol-fat-loss-and-muscle.html
>>
>>35469683
The people who raised you must be retarded.

OP, overall alcohol is not optimal for gains. However you can work it into your life. Moderation is key.
>>
>>35469662
Its more like the lack of nutrition than the alcohol itself that is not good.
Just drink water and eat good and you´ll be fine
>>
For muscle gains I don't know but for strength gains it's literally shit. You won't be able to lift heavy for like 4 days after drinking.
>>
>>35469683
tell that to milo of cronus, bitch.
drank 8 pints of wine a day, and his gains are LITERALLY legendary.

if you drink to a BAC of .082 (plus or minus about .015) after having lifted weights, you will almost double test

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23470309
>T, FT, and free androgen index were significantly higher for EtOH (TT: 22.5 ± 12.5 nmol·L; FT: 40.5 ± 7.6 pmol·L) than for placebo (TT: 13.9 ± 6.8 nmol·L; FT: 22.7 ± 10.0 pmol·L). No differences between conditions were noted for SHBG, cortisol, or estradiol.

>1. having alcohol in your blood renders your prior training for like that whole week to be useless because you aren't going to repair the muscle fibers when your blood is full of fucking alcohol
undiluted horseshit of the finest degree.
post a citation for this nonsense or gtfo.
alcohol doesn't affect protein anabolism
>it is poisonous
everything has a toxicological profile (except dude weed lmao), hence dosage is a thing.
>3. you can't train properly while its still in your system (nearly the rest of the week)
alcohol is fully metabolized in a matter of hours.. literally less than a full day.
as soon as you feel sober, the alcohol is out of your system
>4. it dehydrates you and strips your body of minerals
drink water, eat food.
wow.. that was fucking hard.
if you are really so concerned you can have a couple potassium pills and a glass of water after drinking before you go to bed... great hangover prevention as well.
>5. its usually high in useless calories so your body feels gross
fun fact: alcohol's calories literally cannot be stored as bodyfat.
however they take metabolic precedence, and can lead to the storage of other calories (read: food) as adipose tissue (read: bodyfat)
>6. drinking is for basic bitches who, last time i checked, dont lift or have aesthetic bodies
post pics.
100% of people i know with great bodies drink
100% of people i know who don't drink have shit bodies
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztgo8IEI0yw
>>
>>35469735
sounds like you have horrible nutriment, tbhfam
>>
>>35469761
Might be true
>>
it's weird to me that there are people that can't intellectualize the effect a night of drinking alcohol would reasonably have on their body.

like are you actually able to not use general knowledge to sort of deduce what effect this would have?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.