[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I love these threads. So why'd you start lifting, /fit/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 210
Thread images: 26
File: ed3.jpg (40 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
ed3.jpg
40 KB, 612x612
I love these threads.

So why'd you start lifting, /fit/?

>dad was a champion wrestler
>always wanted me to be like him
>I sucked at wrestling
>began lifting weights instead
>expect him to be disappointed
>he says he's proud of me anyway
>still lift to this very day
>>
>>35467759
are the stories supposed to be autistic or the post themselves?
>>
>>35467759
what do you look like autismo
>>
>>35467759
lifting is kinda like working.

I hate my life, I'll never be successful and own my own business, but after working for a full week, I can settle down and have a beer, maybe dinner with friends.

With lifting, It's okay to hate myself. Because atleast I'm getting better.
>>
>>35467759
willoughby?
>>
>>35468254
>With lifting, It's okay to hate myself. Because atleast I'm getting better.

I live by this.
>>
I lift basically so I dont kill myself. I have nothing else to look forward to and nothing to live for except playing video games so if I wasnt lifting I would have nothing.
>>
>>35467759
>dad grew up in third world shithole
>supported his whole family from when he was 14
>moved to current country
>built himself a home and life
>worked hard doing shit jobs
>his son is a chubby vidya playing loser

I wish I had started sooner, was nice seeing him be proud of me becoming a man, not just in strength but in all other aspects of life. Becoming /fit/ put me on the path of work uni and general life success
>>
File: tim.jpg (67 KB, 250x186) Image search: [Google]
tim.jpg
67 KB, 250x186
>get a job next to gym
>colleague tells me there's a -50% discount for us at the gym
>sign up and start
>>
>>35467759

i have nothing left in my life except for my body

so why not take care of the last thing i have
>>
I started lifting because I realized how weak I was when I got into a fight with my father. After some time at the gym we got into our last fight and I wrecked his shit.
>>
>>35467759
Because I bought into the
>weightlifting makes girls huge and gross
meme and couldn't figure out how I wasn't getting the results I wanted from just cardio and left me quite demotivated.

Learning about lifting made me learn about diet, principles of cutting and bulking, and why people succeed or fail.

After doing it for the past 2 years, its now turned into a hobby, and with the results I wanted came not only physical fitness, but also mental fitness. The day I started lifting and eating right was the day my depression started to go away.
>>
>>35467759
>be me
>making out with first girl I ever loved
>decide to try to pick her up by her legs and pin her against wall
>forgot I'm THANK YOU 6'2 120
>barely lift her
>"w-what are you doing"

Since that day what's really pushed me is wanting to be strong enough to hold up girls and fuck them.

>be me about 4 days ago
>still THANK YOU MR. but 40 pounds heavier, lifting about a year now
>bro-friend invites me to hang with him and his female friend
>the 3 of us end up wrestling in the park
>significantly stronger than both
>easily beat bro and just toy with girl as I pick her up over shoulder and pretend like I'm going to slam her down
>she gets on my shoulders and I squat her
>I bench press him
>later, me n grill flirting, pick her up in arms and make joke about getting married
>hand off grill to bro
>hear behind me, "haha, he's shaking just trying to hold me"
>mfw
>cuddled and made out with her a couple hours later lmao

now that I write it out it sounds kinda austistic but it feelsgood
>>
women
>>
>>35468420
>>35468254
Yep, me too
>>
>>35467759
>2013
>have gf
>sex hurts her for physical reasons
>she loses sex drive
>I get insecure
>something is wrong with me
>start lifting
>make some gains
>things with gf go downhill
>sex thing doesn't get better
>2015
>depressed and thinking about suicide because gf isn't attracted to me
>shouldn't be like this
>break up
>lifting is now mandatory to my mental health, can't sleep or eat well without it
>realize I have issues with my perception of self
>ex didn't make me insecure, she just brought it out of me
>lifting gave me the discipline to work on starting to like myself
>think I've found the key to happiness

gained 15 kg over 2 years, gotta be worth something
>>
>>35467759
I when through a self-improvement crisis junior year of high school. I thought I was the shit because at least I was smart. Then I found out there were football players who were in a more advanced level calculus than me. I fed into the lie that you can only be one or the other but not both.

Also because I took AP classes, I was surrounded by athletes who were really smart. They inspired me to be the best person I can be.

I joined the tennis team, worked my ass off, and lost weight. I made new friends and even strengthened the bonds with my existing ones who were also on the team. I felt more confident, happy, and outgoing.

Exercising and physical activity was such a positive force in my life that I decided that I wanted to keep doing it til the day I die. So I read the sticky, begged my mom for a gym membership, and started lifting.

I'm going to make it bros.
>>
>>35467759
>end of sophomore year in high school, dealt with depression for the last semester
>at this point I had barely hung out with anyone for months
>brother tries to get me into lifting with him
>kinda hesitant at first since I thought the gym was full of douchebros with barely half a brain cell
>give it a shot anyway, best decision of my life
>that summer got real busy, got a job, went out nearly every weekend, got an awesome gymbro
>all this culminated into my depression just fading away(I still cringe to this day at the thought of myself being in that crappy mental state)
>fast forward a few years and I still love lifting
>>
File: 1451691115216.jpg (33 KB, 622x276) Image search: [Google]
1451691115216.jpg
33 KB, 622x276
>>35469009
you're making it brah, congrats.
>tfw ex calls me and say she still has feelings for me
this was like a month after we caught up a bit and talked about fitness, she asked for progress pics. d-did my gains get her back..?
>>
>>35467759
My dad always strong as fuck evem at his age of 50
now he paid two months of my gym fees in advance for xmas
Feels good mang
Got him 10Lbs of protein for him
>>
>>35467759

>used to be very sick (multiple surgeries, etc), still suffering from Crohn's disease
>20yrs old, 193 cm, 49kg at my worst
>one last surgery, finally healthy, but have to get used to this 'new' body
>join martial arts classes to get a feeling for what a body can do
>see Avengers, Captain America somehow has me go "I want to look like that"
>join gym, get fitter, but not bigger
>finally, now at 25, using protein, creatin, etc supp. upon recommendation of a friend cause I just cant into eating
>25, 193 cm, 86kg,, somewhere between normal and athletic

I just cant seem to get it right U_U but I've only been using the protein shakes, etc for about a month, and I've gotten help from the gym to make some new training plans.

Plus side? I've become really good at working a wooden doll, I guess.
>>
basically trying to undo as much damage my youth did to my body as I can

tfw skelly, short, weak nerd all through college

tfw kissless virgin at the age of 27

tfw no jaw, generally ugly

tfw no money

tfw

tfw

tfw
>>
>>35469417
nice job man, nearly doubling your bodyweight is no small feat
got any pics so that I might be able to see where you could improve and give you some tips
>>
>>35469009
very unbro
>>
>>35469009
>6'2 120
You got a pic of that? Ultimate auswitch bro.
>>
>>35469592
Every time I read a post like this I think of how much of it is actually just in their head.
>>
>>35469855
see >>35469417
>>
>>35469002
sounds like you live in an anime.
>>
File: mishima-3[1].jpg (319 KB, 1202x1600) Image search: [Google]
mishima-3[1].jpg
319 KB, 1202x1600
For Plato and Mishima
>>
>>35469879

Are you saying things are better than they seem to be?
>>
>be crippled for 3 years due to van accident
>gets so thin and shit
>one day sees some guys being all ninja and shit
>promised myself that when i can stand again, i would strenghten myself and be free from these shitty room

im gonna make it
im so gonna make it

i want to feel alive
>>
dad is disrespectful as fuck towards everybody including me, my sister and my mom and I thought it would be safer for everybody if I were a big guy and not a skeleton
>>
Initially inspired to lift from manga characters. In particular Shin from EyeShield21 and Ippo from Hajime no Ippo.

Their hardwork and persistance portrayed in their respective manga worlds made want to emulate that.

These days Ive been focusing on powerlifting and less about size. Zydrunas Savicks and Romano Rengel motivate me. Zydrunas for his monstrous strength and perseverance (2nd place at WSM for years before breaking through). Romano Rengel for his strength and body (his body is perfectly balanced imo).
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>35469732

Any helps appreciated

I know I don't eat well, part of still being sick (by that I mean I eat too little).

That pic is about a week old - as we can all see, I got a long way to go
>>
>>35470912

and I apparently take shitty pictures too.

well, I just started the protein,etc so I want to keep track of changes.
>>
>>35470912
Do your compounds as well as a lot of bis and tris isolation
also work your core as it will help your other lifts, hanging leg raises, dragon flags even floor ab work will do
and pullups, dear lord do some pullups
>>
>>35471133

roger that, srgt

pull ups all day erry day henceforth
>>
>skelly, sedentary piece of shit for like 10 years
>get gf
>we have a mutual friend in common, X, who is really big and muscular
>one night, X, she and I were in a bar
>drinking and just joking around
>X and I start to joke about being gay and stuff, we're all laughing and enjoying ourselves

>after a while X goes with other friends of him
>gf then says something like "well you're lucky you're not gay, if you had sex with X he would destroy you!"
>don't think i've ever felt so much in my life
>when i get back at home literally cry to sleep because i'm a useless skeltal piece of shit who can't satisfy his gf (we were having some sex issues at the time)
>couple of week laters decide to start lifting

I had been thinking of starting to lift before but stupid fears like social anxiety and stuff stopped me, after this episode i decided that i can't let fear stop me from becoming better. Also lifting is a really good hobby, i feel so relaxed and motivated.

2 months into lifting and obviously still DYEL as fuck but i feel much better,with myself, and now i can pound my gf without being out of breath after 10 minutes
>>
>>35471133
Alot of truth right thurr
>>
>>35467759
Funny enough a girl brought me into lifting, but we're not together anymore so, don't know if i should continue. Would've loved to train with her, but that never worked out.
>>
>>35470705
They ususally are. People are pessimists.
>>
My buddy lifted a lot and told me if I started lifting I could get bigger than most people because of my body type. Idk if he was right but I like having muscle. I was already happy and got laid but lifting has added a different, fun element to my life.
>>
File: 1443752012219.jpg (161 KB, 491x852) Image search: [Google]
1443752012219.jpg
161 KB, 491x852
Who /lifts for 2d girls/ here?
>>
I got robbed 8 times in 6 months. I realized that people can hurt you for no reason.
Me being skeletor was probably the reason they picked me out so I want to change that.

Started lifting to gain strenght and going to start self defense soon.
Have no idea what kind of self defense though. Any recommendations will be appreciated.
>>
>>35471483

If you want practical stuff for self defence look at Krav Maga or Philippine martial arts as they are very practical and can teach you some useful things that are simple yet effective quickly

Chinese martial arts take a lot of time and since you want self defence instead of fighting boxing, Thai, etc aren't bad but not optimal - I'd say
>>
>>35471557
Thanks man. I'll check it out.
>>
>>35469970
My shogun.

I wonder if there are people who came here from /lit/ after reading Mishima.
>>
Well, the 'seed' was planted 1½ years ago on a summerhouse trip with my friends.
>apparently I was walking around with no shirt on
>friend noticed I had a 'beer belly' albeit a very small one
>one year later he mentions it
Took a couple of months to actually get going, but I'd say it's going good, so far I've dropped 1.5% bodyfat.
>>
I went to the doctor at 17 and I was 272 6" 1 pounds,depressed,Crippling anxiety,no friends,Kissless virgin
A year and a half later and I'm still all of those things except for 272 and I feel a lot better about my body. It does make me a bit frustrated though, Currently in a depression fit right now from wanting time to pass quicker so I can get more gains and sometimes I feel like I'm only alive when I'm working out
>>
>>35469009
>bringing down a fellow bro to make yourself feel better

not fucking cool mang
>>
>>35468911
inspirational senpai

keep on going lad, make your father proud
>>
>be constantly bullied by both pupils and teachers in school
>broken home, no dad and mum is a fruitloop who always belittled me
>quite muscular for my age but just a complete beta and bullies love picking on me because I don't retaliate
>meet perfect well adjusted grill
>hit it off straight away, begin a relationship
>after 3 years she starts hanging out with club sl00ts
>find out she had a threesome on holiday and fucked two other guys behind my back
>be super depressed, attempt suicide with a belt but the door handle ripped off the door
>lay in my bed crying almost every evening
>browse /b/ and stumble across /fit/, become interested and do bodyweight exercises for weeks
>build my own power-rack and buy a barbell with some iron plates and start SS
>lift using the sheer rage of my past life
>now 5'11, 205 at 19% and compete in PL natty alongside having a great social group and a good job

t.. thanks /fit/..
>>
>>35469251
you're gonna make it brah
>>
>>35471914
Awesome dude. Hod did you get into competing? Post pic?
>>
started lifting cause I didnt want to be fat anymore

one day this girl at a coffee shop was acting all weird and friendly, I was confused as to why: but it's clear: I looked much better than before.

and then I realized the world treats you better when you look better, so even though I want to look good for myself, it has real life benefits as well.
>>
I used to bicep curl my mums 5kg dumbells every day from around the age of 8/9, also did push ups and sit ups.

First joined the gym about age 15, been lifting ever since because I just enjoy it, I love the feeling of DOMS and being sore. I don't take it super seriously, my diet isn't the best and I drink all the time.... but I've always been known as a built guy as a result of lifting pretty much most my adult life :^)
>>
>>35471966
New laptop don't have any photos, and was when I moved and started at a commercial gym and one of the guys saw me squat a little over 4pl8 high bar, ATG without any wraps for a single and we just got talking and it turned out he was one of the top 3 83kg PLers in the UK and he kept bugging me to compete and I gave in.
>>
>>35472041
Nice. Love it when people in the gym are supportive like that.
>>
I started lifting so I could browse /fit/ and not be an imposter
>>
>>35472185
How long did you browse before you started?
>>
>Enter 9th grade, 6' 270
>Do Track and Field, Wrestling, Football through HS but never really apply myself, I was always just big
>Girls never really gave me a shot, first kiss was Jr year, didnt have another kiss for a long ass time
>Sr year rolls around, decide to do just Track to see if I get scholarships for college
>Focus, start lifting semi-seriously, do better
>Go on a cut for spring break, make out with a girl on the beach
>Get scholarship offers for track, decide I need to really dedicate myself to this in the fall
>Go to uni, become SO much stronger, bitches everywhere
>I've gotten so into lifting, follow tons of instagram accts, powerlifters, work on my form at home, really getting into it now
I think i'm starting to make it, brahs. It's wonderful.
>Lose virginity same week I hit 6 PRs
In 2015 I went from 1-peck virgin to 15 makeouts, 2 fingerbangs and 1 sex within 9 months
>>
I lift to make my outside compensate for the fucked up mess on the inside
>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 645x773
>>35467759
>been skelly all my life
>picked on throughout school
>develop an obsession with being able to defend myself and not be a weakling
>am now 6'1 and realize I'm tall enough that gains would be worth it.
>taking mma and boxing lessons too
>hope to one day have enough gains to smash my foes into bite sized pieces
>>
>>35468911
Pajeet my son
>>
>>35472232
Maybe a year?
I'm a skeleton grill with generally good shape so I didn't have that much motivation to lift, until I realized I can look even better than I do now so why not. I started lifting two months ago and now I do it because I feel so much happier and healthier
>>
Dated a girl in the Chinese military (I was a white guy translating for a computer company, living in Shanghai).

I was living on a Chinese diet and working for a Chinese subsidiary and so pretty scrawny. She was too thin too, but she ran around with fake AK-47s on her back and was in pretty good shape. She would give me shit about being out of shape sometimes.

Started doing yoga (still think it's a good exercise if you do the right style) and then got into weights and powerlifting. Things didn't last with the girl but I kept at it.

Later married a decent white girl (OK, a kike, but still). Wife is not shallow, but in all honesty I wouldn't have been able to even get started with her if I was still a tall scrawny dude instead of a big powerlifter dude. So I am very thankful for lifting in many ways. Even if I did start lifting for a girl.
>>
>>35472475
L-London?

Post pic pls
>>
File: rocky.jpg (222 KB, 1200x952) Image search: [Google]
rocky.jpg
222 KB, 1200x952
I grew up watching Rocky with my dad. I kind of always wanted to be strong/an athlete but my dad went away when I was 11 and I became kind of a sissy. When I turned 18 I was anorexic so I decided it was time to change and started lifting weights. Childhood heroes like Rocky were probably my motivation to start.

What KEPT me lifting, though, was how much my instructor believed in me. I was so weak when I started I couldn't OHP with an empty bar, no weight. I was rotting away. He always had confidence in me and guided me. In a year I was lifting more than every single guy in the morning period at the gym. He was always proud of me.

My mom told me a few months after I started that she had a conversation with him and he said he'd lost his brother because he killed himself. He tried to help him in all ways but couldn't, and I reminded him of his brother. That's why he liked me so much.

Now I feel I can't stop. I wanna become a proper athlete now.
>>
File: image_78.jpg (56 KB, 768x960) Image search: [Google]
image_78.jpg
56 KB, 768x960
>watching tv with gf
>haha taylor lottner is so hot anon!
>...well is he hotter than me?
>gf makes some bullshit response so she doesnt have to answer the question like "you cant compare the two" or some shit
>maddest ive ever been about anything
>go to gym
>dont stop going to gym
>half a year later lookin aight but still havent hit the goal of being AT LEAST as physically attractive as taylor lottner
one day brehs
>>
>>35472655
>tfw no based instructor believing in me ;_;
>>
>>35472720
lautner*
>>
>>35467759
My dad has always been an absolute gainsmaster. A total plane crashing, mask wearing, big guy 4 u. I've always just wanted to be like him.
>>
>>35472720
Humiliated by a manlet, oh my.
>>
>>35472720
Your gf has shit taste.
>>
>>35472782
>tfw one inch taller than taylor
h-haha. f-fucking manlets
>>
>>35472756
Same.

>tfw train with dad's old rusted, bent barbell and plates
>>
>>35472807
at least my goal isnt as hard though.
>>
>>35472578
No pls sorry
Do not want attention whore label though this might get me it anyway
>>
>>35472833
That pulls at my heart strings
>>
>>35472961
I understand that. I'm glad you feel happier and healthier, girlie. We're all gonna make it.
>>
>>35472862
that body is easy if you're a smurf m8
>>
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 650x650
>>35473029
Y-you too
>>
>>35467759
i'm fat.
>>
>>35471416
I figured the same for myself, 6'2 with broad shoulders and already pretty stronk but years of sedentary lifestyle have given me a flabby stomach and some facial adiposity.
>>
>>carry myself through a few shitty relationships due to sheer charisma
>>6'2" skeleton man
>>trick myself into thinking that I'm cute, maybe could trap even
>>realize one day I'm full of shit and look like a complete freak and that most people look at me like some kind of bizarre sideshow attraction and the only women interested in me are insane and/or desperate as fuck
>>decide I want to see what my body would look like if it were healthy instead of malnourished
>>start eating
>>start lifting
>>noob gains look incredible, every single muscle fiber is obvious
>>realize it's not enough
>>realize that everyone besides me still thinks I look like a DYEL faggot
>>realize I'm not actually strong at all
>>all preconceived notions of fitness and body image go out the window

and here I am. Just renewed my gym subscription for another year.
>>
>>35473345
Keep going man, it will be worth it in the end.
>>
>>35469173
Are you me?
I swim and do calisthenics for fitness, and sweet christ do I get cranky when I havent done my routine for a week.
>be me, 2 years ago
>be 17
>on vacation with family, last one before going to a commieridden hole that is college
> can't do routine because I get dragged everywhere that my parents want me to see
> have too much energy, get figety and my AdHd kicks into overdrive
inb4 autism
>begin carrying everything just so that I don't out pace my fatass parents
> eventually look like a pack mule,
> This goes on for a week
> get home, run around my blok 10 times, do 5x20 in line pushups do 10x7 chinups.
>>
>>35473059
HEY ADD MY KIK

SQUATZANDOATZ

YEAH BABY
>>
>>35471483
dont listen to >>35471557
get a fucking gun, learn to shoot.
go to >>>/k/ find what you need, what your state regs are, and your favorite ammo.
>>
>>35472384
Gains are always worth it brah,
>>
>>35472744
we beleive in you mang
>>
>>35473939
Guns are not legal in my country, so will still do martial arts I'm afraid.
>>
>>35471441
Wow. Maybe you're autismo, not OP.
>>
>>35473939
yes, because anon really wants to potentially end someone's life

fucking americucks, do you realise how many people suffer from ptsd from accidental deaths
>>
>>35474321
Not that guy but let them suffer desu. I wouldn't have problems with shooting anyone, because people would have no problems doing it to me. You have to be hard as long as the world is hard, anon.
>>
>>35472271
Can I be you?
>>
File: image.jpg (97 KB, 478x552) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97 KB, 478x552
>do high school football for years, lift for awhile
>summer before senior year, I quit because football is boring (had been doing it for most of my life
>fast forward to near the end of university
>fat fuck, I never work, depressed as hell
>friend offers me a chance to room with her and two others, decide to move out in May the day after my last final
>friend is super into fitness, pretty knowledgeable about food and shit
>decide to ask her for help, motivated to lose weight
>get a job as cart pusher (pretty terrible but the pay is alright), mix that with counting calories and eating less along with lifting on days off
>lose 85 pounds last year over about 7 months
>planning to build on muscle and try to lose more body fat this year
>ultimate goal is to eventually get abs

I'm just a work in progress, but I'm getting there. I'm determined. Still trying to work on confidence though.
>>
>>35467759
Never cared much to lift till I was stationed in AF. My squad leader said "Today, we're gonna get swoll." And we went to the on-base gym (Bagram Airfield, had the money)

Learned to lift from him and never looked back. God Bless ya, SSG Howell.
>>
File: 1450982821036.jpg (338 KB, 1414x2000) Image search: [Google]
1450982821036.jpg
338 KB, 1414x2000
>Started getting skinny fat
>5'8" 160 no muscle.
>Feeling kinda shitty.
>Move to japan on scholarship
>everyone is skinny
>realize just how out of shape I am
>start lifting to improve health
>now lift for my waifu and for normie camouflage.
>2 years later same weight but 6 pack and muscles

No one would guess by looking at me just how much of a weeb I am. They think I'm just a translator working on an MBA. Japanese 3D might hit on me but I lift for my waifu now.
>>
>>35471827
>>35469764
it was all in good fun. Nobodies feelings got hurt.
and we were fucking wrestling lmao, me beating him is unbro of me?
>>
>>35467759
I started because I didn't want to be a DYEL skinny fat anymore. I wanted to finally be healthy.

And I wanted a nicer butt so that hot guys would want to talk to me and ravage it. Oh, but no homo, of course.
>>
>>35469855
not really. My pics kind of skip from sophmore year in HS straight to 6 months ago. For the few I do have I'm wearing jackets
>>
>>35471483
Where do you live, fucking Detroit?
>>
>>35474773
You're not supposed to lift AND be an incel autist dude
>>
>>35475136
It happened when traveling in Central America and Mexico.
>>
>>35471483

maui thai will make you /fit/ as fuark and give you good defense, find a maui thai gym that makes you wanna puke first session and keep going.

>tfw strongfat but shoulders are too fucked to do maui thai training with my roommate
>>
>>35475329
No maui thai gym anywhere near here :(
Is it possible to train it independently? Like from youtube videos?
>>
File: Mfw(424).jpg (8 KB, 239x308) Image search: [Google]
Mfw(424).jpg
8 KB, 239x308
>>35467759
>be lanklet all my life
>smoke lots of weed
>freshman 15 becomes sophmore 45
>be lil piggy boy
>friends start lifting
>notice gains
>start lifting
>stop eating shit

Thats my story
>>
>>35469009
You used your gains for evil bro
>>
>>35475367

nah its definitely a group thing, you're better off being a gym rat at a conventional gym than looking at youtube, martial arts is big on repetition and practicing with IRL opponents.

Try a MMA gym, its not half as useful as maui thai IRL but you'll get almost as fit. then pair it with a conventional boxing gym and you'll be fine. If you do this route, make the time to use a high resistance exercise bike (my personal favourite as my knees are shit, i keep big legs cuz of this) or squat to keep from becoming a leg day skipping meme.
>>
>>35475166
I'm not incel though. I don't want 3D by choice. Also I'm not an autist, my job requires I be sociable and interact with people in a regular basis. I just recognize the superiority of 2D. I'm waiting for fully imersive VR and AI waifus thank you.
>>
>>35475515

>can get laid with jap waifus
>I dont want 3D by choice

Either you're a faggot or a massive pussy too scared to fuck girls because of crippling insecurity or a tiny penis.
>>
>>35475475
This sounds doable. I'll get to it. Thanks, bro.
>>
I was depressed from my break up and one day I decided I was tired of being sorry for myself. I watched the dark night rises and saw bane and decide that he would be my goal. It's been 7 months since I started working out and one year since my break up. Her new bf is scrawny emo kid with Tats and I'm no Tom Harry but I've managed to gain some mass. Its helped my self-confidence immensely and I've made friends with grill I've had crush on for years. I feel so much better with myself and I'm glad I made my decision to better myself. To anyone who wants to better themselves for whatever reason it just takes one step. Don't be afraid or embarrassed, everyone started somewhere and this is your time to start.
>>
>>35475578
>I double post because I need attention
>>
>>35467759
started because of football in highschool
stopped because i quit
started again 3 years later because i was disgusted at how i looked
>>
Years of bullying for being overweight in grade school still haunt me, plus hairline is creeping back and i cant be bald and not jacked. Squatting 50 lbs more than my gradeschool bully was a pretty great feeling though, he happened to be there doing legs at the same time so i worked in and made him feel worthless.
>>
>>35475543
Lol, I've been there and fucked that.

Japanese girls are BORING. Jerking off is more enjoyable. It's just not worth the effort. It's just hormones telling you to reproduce. My life I'd a lot better not worrying about trying to get laid all the time. I have more time to peruse my hobbies and do what I want and more money to retire earlier on. Enjoy chasing inferior 3D pussy faggot. When the singularity hits I'll have the cash to jump right in.
>>
>got bullied for being overweight through middle school/some of high school
>get to college and decide to get fit
>4 years in, about to see lower abs for the first time and going to start working on physique goal
>last year ran into middle school bully that teased me the most for being fat
>worked in on his squat set and put up double his weight
>feelsgoodman
>>
>>35470912
>those scars
are you undead?
>>
>>35475649

world economic collapse/WW3 are far more likely than your escapist fantasies buddy.
>>
>>35468420
My nigga
>>
>>35475712
Not really, rates of violence in the 1st world has been going down steadily since the 80s while computing power has been nearly doubling every 5 or so years. It's really only a matter of time. Moores law and all that.
>>
>>35475793

top kek, someone knows nothing about world politics, jews effect on world economics, and doesnt browse infinitychans /pol/.
>>
>>35475623
Sharing my story helps me realize how far I've come. I'm not gonna tell you I don't feel embarrassed about doing this but this just helps me reassure myself that I'm getting better.
>>
>>35475828
Top kek, another moron doomsday idiot.

Read up on Norman Borlaug, Google calico program, quantum computing advancements and post sarcity technology. The world is getting better not worse despite what government might want you to beleive so they can use fear to hold onto power.
>>
I started lifting because I got bored, and I got tired of seeing a dadbod in the mirror every time I went to take a shower.

The fact I'll be able to have women drool over me only to get steadily turned down is a huge plus.
>>
>>35474348
Yeah, I think that's the point of the story
>>
>>35475849

top kek, another "futurist" delusional fucktard, your whole life is clearly nothing but burying yourself in feel-good fantasies so why would you ever try to face reality huh?

no point hoping for VR when the power cuts out and the riots begin little lemming.
>>
>>35475882
It's hard to understand you with Alex Jones cock in your mouth.
>>
>>35475920

alex jones is controlled opposition, a puppet of the jews, keep jumping to conclusions if you like cuck.

Sometimes he's right though. Sometimes.
>>
>>35475920
>not loving Alex Jones
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ch9gQ9JOe3Y
>>
>>35475844
Damn you for being reasonable. Fine. You're right. Good on you.
>>
File: 1451855544992.png (583 KB, 870x711) Image search: [Google]
1451855544992.png
583 KB, 870x711
>>35475957
Dude you're a good troll, you had me going there for a while. Solid.
>>
>>35471483
Aikido
>>
>took e at friend's place
>skinny-fat 120 pounds
>lifted some of his weights at peak
>continued after
>use weightlifting to wean from depression

i've been feeling shitty the past few weeks because i work with my mother with design and photography projects and i barely get paid. i want to lift but my sleep cycle's been fucked up since i got hit again and thinking of ending it. my folio's been getting fatter but still need to get better at it. just to keep at it.
>>
>>35475982

>if i call him troll maybe he'll stop making me uncomfortable and ruin my dreams of fucking pixels and drawings!

Whatever pussy.
>>
>>35476050
Thanks. I'll check it out.
>>
The hormone rush from lifting helps me fight the paranoia from my encroaching schizophrenic disorder. I never feel more normal than I do immediately after a hard workout. It's worth it every time.
>>
>>35469003
>The day I started lifting and eating right was the day my depression started to go away.

Me too sis
>>
>>35475186
Hey I'm from Central America, where'd you go?
>>
>>35471276
Not every day, but incorporate it into your routine.
>>
File: 1447556066583.jpg (267 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
1447556066583.jpg
267 KB, 960x1280
>Be me 17 yo 125 lbs / 57 kg at 5'7
>Walking with friend, his gf and her friend
>He has been working out for a year and I envy him cuz hes big a jacked plus I had a huge crush on his girlfriend and he knew it
>I bump on a big guy (about 30 yo ) with his kid on his shoulders
>He starts being the biggest dick ever saying I'm a clown and bullying me in general
>Friend doesn't say anything and we walk away
>Most embarassed I've ever been in my life, verge of crying, can barely speak ( I'm usually super fun )
>I happenned a day after my birthday too
>Decide to join him at the gym and honestly it was the best decision of my life
>Now 4 months in be a lot more confident and depression is easier, 138 lbs with a lot of dedication and hard work
>Hope to get sexy before college next year so I get popular on /r9k/ dominated major ( computer engeneering)
>Grades going up best I've ever been in life, so proud of myself
>Already browsed 4chan just migrated to /fit/ from /b/
Love you /fit/ thanks for all the keks.
>>
Because I didn't want to stay the familys little weak sheeplet.

>Every single male member of my family is a badass of some sort
>Father fought groups of People on his own in his Prime and got jailed for acting against the govnerment and military back in the day
>Brother is a well known Guy in several cities, also fought his way out everywhere and is able to tear down doors with his fists
>Uncle is Boxing Champion in several States

>Here I come as 60kg Lanklet at 6'2, social anxiety beta who stays inside infront of his Computer all Day
Thanks goodness I can take on both my brother and Father in discussions and fights at the Same time now.
>>
>>35467759
>short, weak, struggling with weight for years
>would eat what i thought was healthy and cardio like a mother fucker but could never keep it up, get fat again
>internet tells me SS will make me strong and not fat
>sleep lots, blindly eat clean, lift
>what the fuck it actually worked
>>
>>35477203
I visited Mexico, Belize Guatemala, Honduras, El salvador and Nicaragua. Where are you from in C-A?
>>
File: bane-dark-knight-rises.jpg (211 KB, 1600x1065) Image search: [Google]
bane-dark-knight-rises.jpg
211 KB, 1600x1065
I always had a skinny runners body, I got out of the military and stopped working out completely. I met my girlfriend when I was at my worst shape, 6'2" and 195lbs with no muscle to speak of. I had back pain constantly as well, at one point my left testicle started to ache which I found was related to my back pain. I started doing P90X and my back pain went away completely. Found /fit/, started doing Stronglifts with accessories, added some calisthenics to the mix and have Bane mode as my short term goal and Full Bear Mode as my long term goal. gf loves my gains and I finally feel like we're at the same level of attractiveness whereas before she was out of my league.

>>35475578

Bane bro detected
>>
>>35469003
LONDON
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>Always kinda wanted to be big, but too depressed to actually do anything.
>vidya playing computer programmer so weak as shit
>break up with gf of 5 years over my literal autism
>only relationship I've had, worry no one else will ever like me
>manage to not kill self
>decide to lift

Almost 2 years since now. When I started I could barely curl 4kg, had terrible RoM etc. Managed a 110kg DL recently, working on getting my bench past 1pl8.

Slowly but surely I *will* make it.
>>
>>35474875
brah ilu, no need to get defensive, just making sure you've thought about it
>>
>>35467759
>dad was a alligator wrestler
>I sucked at alligator wrestling
>began lifting weights instead
>expect him to be disappointed
>he says he's proud of me anyway
>still lift to this very day
>>
>>35467759
Because I'm sick of being a lanklet
6' 1" 150 lbs
>>
>Have repaired congenital heart disease
>Can't pick up heavy stuff and put it down

How do I make it /fit/?
>>
File: 1449664042405.jpg (105 KB, 1080x1134) Image search: [Google]
1449664042405.jpg
105 KB, 1080x1134
>woke up one day
>realized I was fat
>was feeling depressed
>started with light cardio on a local trail
>eventually find /fit/ and read the sticky
>join a gym and fix my diet
>about a year and a half going now
>was at the gym yesterday
>catch a glimpse of my reflection in the mirror after my workout
>holy fuck am I mirin
>girls are more receptive to me now
>people leave the room with just me and the hottest girl at a party because secretly they know
I lift partially to feel good about myself but also because it's me getting pussy so so easy.

End goal is 10/10 like pic related throwing themselves at me.
>>
>>35467759
Because I want to leave humanity behind.
Maybe a good enough physique will save me from this existential nightmare
>>
>>35478011
You don't reproduce and do the gene pool a solid. Adopt.
>>
>>35478237
Protip: unless you are extremely famous, or extremely wealthy, that's not going to happen. Women like that don't "throw themselves" at people because of physical attraction. Attractive men are not very valued in our society. Wealthy and powerful men are. Finding out that you are a millionaire or famous will get you into her pants faster than any body you can ever sculpt.
>>
>>35478361
Anon let me aim for the stars and hit the moon. Like fuck.
>>
>>35471483
Muay thai/kick boxing, regular boxing, and or /k/. Self defense classes are kinda bullshit, if you spar with some other noobs you will kinda learn what normal untrained people will do in a fight
>>
File: bench.jpg (30 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
bench.jpg
30 KB, 540x960
>dad was a semi bodybuilder and personal trainer in the 70's/80's
>was a pretty big guy, 4u, didn't even look small compared to arnold when he met him
>bro starts lifting with him when im about 11/12
>always hang around the gym
>when i was about 15 also start lifting
>started taking it seriously about 2 years ago, making some solid gainz
>now its 2016 and im ready to take it to a new level

pic related; the bench where i first hit 100 kg and also did PR 125
>>
>>35478515
>dad was
>was
Dude, I'm sorry ;_;
>>
>>35478649
still is i guess for a man who is 67
>>
>>35478719
So he's not dead?
>>
File: CCW.png (2 MB, 1273x851) Image search: [Google]
CCW.png
2 MB, 1273x851
>>35477618
Ayy lmao, South America here.
Carry a gun wherever you go. Pic related is a reasonable "Short Afternoon Picnic in Rio" EDC.
>>
>>35478847
I would like to think you're shitposting, but my experience with Latin-America says you probably do go out like that.
>>
> my friend got me to get a 24 hour 2 year membership
> was weak as fuck and made no gains but still didn't care, I only went on cause I didn't wanna waste 400 bucks
> bro of a friend still encourages me and tries to get higher numbers
> realize that I'm just wasting my time and start to try
> start eating a lot more and add weight to the bar

[Spoiler] that depressing feeling when you start to out lift your bro and he still encourages you [/spoiler]
>>
>>35467759 a long ass time ago and I couldn't do push ups. Been lifting ever since fuck that man never going back man.
>>
File: 1334299584023.jpg (18 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1334299584023.jpg
18 KB, 320x240
I've let anxiety get the best of me most of my life.

I knew at the very least I could tackle one problem at a time.

The first was making myself look physically closer to what I knew I could be.

I had something to prove to myself.

Now I've got more confidence and I'm making babysteps in other aspects of my life.

Slow and steady.
>>
>>35479005
Go you, kitteh!
>>
File: 1446614473961.jpg (345 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1446614473961.jpg
345 KB, 1920x1080
>Be 18, Junior year of high school.
>Psychotic step-mother kicks me out of house
>Nowhere to live, so I get my GED and get a job at a telemarketing place with decent pay
>Rent my own place
>No car
>No grocery stores nearby
>Fuck it I'll just eat papa johns every day
>Do this for 8 months
>Never been more than chubby, but after 8 months of pizza im 5'10 and 263 lbs.
>This shit ends now
>Go on a diet
>Do a LOT of cardio
>Eventually get down to 198
>Decide to look at /fit/ one day
>Everyone saying cardio is shit and only lifting matters
>Start Lifting

I've only been lifting since October, but I've found that I really enjoy it. Losing all that weight did a lot for my self esteem, and lifting is only making it better.
>>
>>35468420
Yes this is weirdly accurate. Definitely put into words what I'm thinking.
>>
>>35479005
Saaaame...

It's all baby steps. Just a little more self improvement, over and over and over.
>>
File: iCim4eXE.jpg (18 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
iCim4eXE.jpg
18 KB, 400x400
>Tomorrow i start gym
> i know for all of you cardio is shit but i need lose weight
>after that i will lift
i hope i get in shape
>>
>>35477808
You will make it bro!
>>
File: mfw.jpg (50 KB, 710x434) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
50 KB, 710x434
>>35467759
I needed mass for basketball in high school/ college, then it started to really grow on me and i enjoyed it quite a lot.
>>
start lifting to protect myself
>>
>>35478776
he is>>35478776
>>
>>35473345
Shane?
>>
>>35479466
start lifting right away you stupid fuck.
When I was fat (not fat as fatass, but slightly overweight) I only did cardio and had a moderate diet, which in turn ended in me looking like a hungry skeleton, and you don't want that.
>>
>>35479466
Do both or you'll regret it.
>>
building had an unused fitness room with a power rack so i figured why the hell not
kept with it cuz making numbers slowly increase over time is one of my all time favourite things to do
>>
>>35472271
you need to work at your make out game bruh
>>
>>35470931
>just started the protein
what? My man it's literally just protein...
>>
>>35470771
You will.

You can do it.
>>
>>35472271
pics?
>>
>>35478237
progress pics?
>>
>double chin
>cant bear to look at myself each morning
>the first thing people notice about me is how fat I am even if they don't specifically care
I was just tired of it.
>>
>>35467759
I work out because everyone is bigger than me
>>
KV was a bit overweight lost 15 kg then started making minor gains now im a narcistic fuck and make gains for myself
>>
I was like 16 and I wanted to gain some muscles. I thought it was cool, and back then the whole fitness and gym boom wasn't that big at all. As a woman everyone was actually surprised when I said that I wanna get "nice guns" or something like that, whereas nowadays everyone seems to train at the gym at least on some level.

I was still playing my original sport, but eventually lifting got more interesting and rewarding and I quite with my sport. Kept going to the gym on regular basis, even though looking back now the first years weren't too progressive cause I was young and I didn't really know that well what I was doing,

But here I am, after over 5 years and going to the gym was probably the best decision of my life, hands down. It's such a big part of my life and I love how it has shaped my body, mind, discipline and health of course. It has employed me at one point and it was introduced me to amazing people.

Nowadays I hit the gym daily, or at least 6 times a week. I absolutely love it, it's usually the best part of my day. I'll lift until I die.
>>
File: Tiny potato believes.jpg (39 KB, 640x637) Image search: [Google]
Tiny potato believes.jpg
39 KB, 640x637
>>35481404
>>
>>35472351
I got you senpai
>>
I started because of her.
>be asian
>0 chances with this australian qt3.14
>stalks her one day
>finds out she love lean dudes
>starts working out
I've gone over her now but I still lift
>>
>>35477292
Proof that /b is full of prebuescent kids
>>
>>35467759
About a year ago they opened a gym 2 blocks from my house.
And since I knew the owners, I didn't have to pay for it, and can go before opening and stay after closing.
So why not.
>>
>>35481301
Haven't taken any in a while. Just remember that normal people have lower more realistic standards than those on a Chinese cartoon forum.
>>
>>35482264
Kevin?
>>
>>35467759
>be me 17
>fat autistic unfit fag playin vidya all day
>antisocial kissless virgin
>hunger myself for like 1 year
>do some basic exercises and cardio to loose weight fast
>finally thin and fat gone, also muscles
>buy some weights to train at home
>realise lifting is love
>get gym membership
>lifting is life
>>
>mum and dad owned a gym
>never interested in training
>i am a rake they are both in great shape
>i start failing college
>literally nothing going for me
>dad dies when im 16
>drop out of college and stay at home for 3+ months
>mum to get me doing something has me working at the gym
>start of hating it
>all of his friends tell me stories about him
>grow up with loads of people with experience in the gym
>22 now
>95 kilos and a PT
>mum has a fiancee who is a genuinely nice guy

Thanks Dad
>>
Does anyone have the story where the guy starts talking to the "weird guy" of the gym and it turns out he's really cool and can lift like 450lb and then later the OP goes on to win weightlifting contests or something? Or even just some clues to help me find the story again.
>>
>>35480196
Thank mr skeltal
>>
>>35469251
I dropped football in highshool because I wanted to focus more on my studies. Looking back I was a fucking idiot for doing so, I was just a lazy shit who wanted to play vidya.

Now I'm doing even better at uni and looking to specialize in facial surgery, fitter than I have ever been. There are no fat fucks in my cohort and nearly everyone works out. The two go hand in hand and I was very lucky to drop that stupid neckbeard mentality of chads and shit.

You're gonna make it brah
>>
I just hated looking wimpy without a shirt.
I go to raves a lot and at hardstyle and hardcore it's pretty normal to just lose the shirt whenever the shit hits you.
I used to look like an auschwitz survivor but my friends have been lifting for a long time so it was fairly easy to get into it.
>>
>>35483095
I think you mean the Craig story. ps a 450lb dl is not that impressive.
>>
>>35469895
Kek
>>
>>35483344
that's the one, thank you so much anon.
>>
>>35471914
This is the kind of inspirational shit that makes me go ' fuck yeah dude, well done'.

You are definitely alfa and don't let them tell you any different anon.

Keep going.

You'll make it.
>>
>Was always /fit/ because I was in the Army and Infantry
>IED goes down, kills 2 of my battles, takes my arm and my lower leg
>Burn scars all over my back and chest
>Cut/Scrap scars all over my body
>Lucky to be alive
>Get medically discharged
>Become an alcoholic, get fat, wallow in self pity for a year
>One day, I'm about to take my own life, realize that I was bless enough to survive when my two other guys didn't
>realize I need a change in my life
>Start lifting, training is all I do
>Now I'm decently fit
>>
>>35483571
...shit, man.
Good to hear you're doing better.
>>
>>35483571
Post stumps or your prosthetics.
Thread replies: 210
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.