[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> mfw I've wanted to start lifting for almost a year
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: 20151231_141440.jpg (4 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20151231_141440.jpg
4 MB, 4128x2322
> mfw I've wanted to start lifting for almost a year but can't afford the gyms near me (10k yen/mo, roughly 100usd) and too tall to put a chin up bar in my apartment.

I do push ups, sit ups, dips and squats but it's not super useful
>>
>>35467660

well that sucks china bro

maybe improvise by buying cheap equipment
>>
>100 usd a month

Fuck man, do you have 0 to no gyms out there?
>>
Can't help with the other things but I can talk about wanting a chin up bar. Not the doorway ones, an actual freestanding one. To everyone else, does it really matter how cheap you go on it?
>>
>>35467732

This.

Buy yourself a barbell and weights and become the curlbro
>>
>>35467752
Two nearby. Golds is 120usd and the other one closer to me is 100 if I join with my gf. Otherwise 120.
>>
>>35467813

>Golds is 120usd

I live in USA and golds gym is 39.99 a month. That sucks chinabrah
>>
>>35467863
>China

that text is in nipponese though
>>
fuk me bro where do you live in jp? i'll be moving to tokyo next year
>>
>>35467942
West tokyo. If you're closer to tokyo proper the gyms are cheaper (according to my friends who live around the wards)
>>
>>35467888
Katakana to be exact. It says "small king". It's a bar near me. The painting amuses me as it looks like a pepe
>>
I live in bumfuck inaka and i just bought some dumbells and a bench off of amazon. You can get a pretty cheap home gym set up if you check on yahoo auctions. People are selling literally brand new shit because of the dumbest reasons.

A couple towns near me have some weight training gyms that are like 200 yen for 4 hours. Try to look for some of those.
>>
>>35468194

Some fucking idiot was selling a power cage for like 10,000 yen (~$80) Because they thought it was just a pull up bar.

I scooped that shit up QUICK.
>>
>>35468209

That's hilarious. It's like the world's most stable pull-up bar!
>>
>>35467660
Sucks bruh. I was out in Yokohama last year and Gold's was cheaper but they had these weird start up fees and I could only come on weekdays. If you speak Japanese you can usually get a better deal. Luckily I was a student so I got to use the free gym at my school that had one bench and one squat rack (but nobody used it so I survived). How far east are you?
>>
>>35467660
>too tall to put a chin up bar in my apartment.
buuuuuullshit

my buddy who is 6'4 tried pulling that shit.

get on your knees, then try and reach the pull up bar.

can't do it, or can barely do it?

guess what?!

not too tall!!

bend your fucking knees faggot.
>>
>>35467660
>asian
>too tall to do anything
don't make me raugh
>>
>>35468287
West tokyo near tachikawa

>>35468194
I appreciate the advice but I live in a 1LDK so storage is scarce and I'm only here for another year
>>
OP, YOU ARE A POOR FAG

BUT THAT DOESNT MEAN YOU CANNOT BE RIPPED

I HAVE A THREE YEAR PLAN WORKOUT FOR YOU

BUT YOU MUST STAY COMMITTED EVERY DAY!

NO MATTER HOW DEAD YOU FEEL EVERY DAY!

YOU MUST PERFORM ONE HUNDRED SQUATS! ONE HUNDRED PUSH UPS! ONE HUNDRED SIT UPS! AND A TEN KILOMETRE RUN! EVERY DAY!
>>
>>35468294
I can reach the door frame without fully extending my arms from my knees. I regularly hit my head still despite habitually ducking at this point.
>>
>>35468305
> only Asians live in Asian countries.
You realise air travel is a thing, right?
>>
>>35468307
Do you not have a city rec center/gym? They are usually way cheaper, except you have to bring different shoes and sign in/out for each machine you use.
>>
>>35468335
Checking it next week. The shoes thing shits me no end
>>
>>35467660
Sounds perfect for a homegym, if you have soms space. I hear Japan is pretty expensive for real estate. And most holes are tiny.
All you need is a squatrack, bench, barbell, weights, some plywood and sope rubber mats
>>
>>35468357
Seriously go on scooby site and do his intermediate routine, pretty good with minimum equipment
>>
Just look for a playground and to your pull-ups there.

Get ripped like a motherfucker:
15 minute jog/run to playground
Then do 3 sets of:
10 pullups
20 pushups
30 situps
40 squats
(Or 20-40-60-80 / 30-60-90-120 / as much as you can)
Run back home and stretch. Do this workout every other day and you'll be shredded like fuck in no time.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.