[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone notice how surfers are always ottermode? I'm thinking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: shirtless_surfer_0.jpg (105 KB, 420x620) Image search: [Google]
shirtless_surfer_0.jpg
105 KB, 420x620
Anyone notice how surfers are always ottermode?

I'm thinking of starting a lap-pool swimming regimen. Those 60 year old dudes at the pool always have six packs.

My only goal is to build my shoulders a little bit and get a six pack, so I will do some pull ups and chinups on the bar I bought at home, and then go swim for an hour, four times a week, and avoid junk food.

What could go wrong?
>>
swim first so you dont drown at the pool
>>
>>35467577
i already know how to swim.

is it recommended I get ear plugs? I have swim goggles.
>>
>>35467597
do you like water in your ears?
>>
>>35467612

meh. just worried about ear infection.
>>
>>35467757
having tubes put in is painful. better be safe than sorry
>>
>>35467597
>i already know how to swim.
cis scum shitlord
>>
>>35467461
>and then go swim for an hour

Don't base your workout on time, base it on distance.

When you first start (and most likely have not swam in a long while), you're going to be sore as fuck after your first day (make sure you actually do some warm up stretches to minimize this). Maybe allocate an hour for your first day just to break your body into it.

After that though, start setting distance goals. Swimming is a great form of cardio since you have very little downtime and can therefore keep a constant, comfortable rhythm. Start perhaps with doing 500m a day, then trying and break 750m, 1km, etc. Swimming is literally the only form of working out where you can just turn off your brain and still get results.

Of course, disregard this if you have time restraints and can only allocate an hour per day. If that's the case, you may want to build up to doing high intensity laps (ie. no stopping between sets, marathon swimming etc.)
>>
>>35467461
Youre pull-ups and chin-ups are going to stop building muscle for you in about a month and you'll stall because you have no source of progression (e.g. weighted pullups). No idea the effect of swimming but it's probably a lot less than you think. At best you take 10 years to achieve a body you could've had in a year with a normal workout routine. Also your pullups will do pretty much jack for your shoulders.
>>
why is this a thread

all the information is in the sticky

if you still wanna do something contrary to basic fitness/muscle building go ahead, but you know that it's not the OPTIMAL routine.

and that's literally what every reply is going to be: it's not optimal.

pullups, swimming.

cool, have fun.
>>
>>35467461
>>
>>35468270
He can progress with bw exercises, it is just slower.
>>
File: fanning.jpg (21 KB, 239x415) Image search: [Google]
fanning.jpg
21 KB, 239x415
>>35467461
Surfer here.

New Years Day I was out form 4:30am - ~1pm.
>paddle out, duck dive in coming waves, paddle HARD in between sets. (essentially HIIT)
>paddle HARD to catch wave (more burst of speed)
>standup, ride wave in, carve etc (balance, agility)
>paddle back out etc
>eat like a monster

Weekly training:
>Yoga for surfing
>Tie leg rope to tree, paddle foamie in back yard pool, 3 mins pace, 1 min sprint.
>Swim laps (3 pace, 1 sprint) at local pool if the weather is shit.
>>
>>35467597
>i already know how to swim.

White privilege
>>
>>35467461
surfers who look like that also do training
>source: surfed my whole life and can say that surfers rarely have muscle like that.
Swimming will get you there though, I would suggest you also do some OHP, Trap and forearm work for your upper body.
Also, Ocean swimming will get you a better body but don't try it unless you understand currents and rips and what to do in big waves.
>Good luck!
>>
>>35467597
That's not what he meant you retard, swim before doing pull ups and chinups.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.