[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Keto Diet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: ketogenic-diet-vancouver-2.jpg (61 KB, 851x315) Image search: [Google]
ketogenic-diet-vancouver-2.jpg
61 KB, 851x315
My wife has been wanting to establish a keto diet for a while now even before New Years, since she has had luck with it in the past. She wants to lose a little weight of course but mostly because of the long-term health benefits and because she's had periods of time in her life where she's had bloodstream yeast infections that eat her brain, so she doesn't want that to happen again.

Has anyone here had success with it? What kinds of foods are good for snacking aside from pork rinds and pocket eggs?
>>
Does your wife have HIV?
>>
>>35464177
>keto
holy shit is it still 2014?
goddamn when will this meme die?
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16403234
>>
Macadamia nuts,

look up fat Bombs

http://dietketo.com/keto-food/fat-bombs/

water should not be overlooked if you feel a craving.. a glass of H2O will quell it.
>>
>>35464221
that applies to most people who consider resorting to Keto for fat loss

nobody is recommending it for a cut in a fit person..
>>
>>35464198
No, but she's 90% sure she has MS, her grandmother had it and ended up shooting herself to escape
>>
>>35464177
>long-term health benefits
>bloodstream yeast infections that eat her brain

I sincerely hope this is some kind of misguided bait.
>>
>>35464177
Full fat cottage cheese and yogurt, berries, cream cheese, celery, avocados, deli meats.

If you're eating enough at your regular meals from fat, protein, and green vegetables, you probably won't be hungry for snacks though.
>>
>>35464177
>My wife
ahahahahaahahahahahahahaah

jesus
>>
>>35465320
>yogurt
>berries
>cream cheese

>sugar
>sugar
>extremely insulinogenic

no thanks, m8
>>
>>35464221
>www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16403234
Keto is retarded, but so is this study. 4 weeks isn't even long enough to measure any weight loss (and differences will be masked by water weight), plus keto proponents will say it takes 4 weeks to get keto adapted.

But its pretty common sense that keto-fags are full retard -- eating bacon all day & stupid shit like that. If I wanted to fuck w/ my lipids I'd just roid (which I do)
>>
>>35464177
Is your wife's son also considering a keto diet?
>>
>>35465381
It depends on the keto you're doing, imo. Like i'm doing a pescetarian keto diet thing full of veggies, fish, and basically/almost no carbs and i feel great. The only non fish meat i eat (technically) is pork rinds, but thats just because i like to have them as a snack now and then. The people who are like "BUTTER, STEAK, BACON, ALL THE TIME" those are the people who you should take with a grain of salt
>>
>>35465430
High fat diets are still terrible for health and anabolism. There is a reason why every animal has evolved some way to stay out of ketosis for prolonged periods of time.
>>
>>35464177

People are still falling for the Keto troll? Atkins was a quack that died of a heart attack, because his diet has been consistently proven to be terrible for human health and the weight loss is only temporary.
>>
>>35465668

To make my post slightly more constructive: have your wife read Proteinaholic by Garth Davis or How Not To Die by Michael Greger. Pemanent weight loss, increased disease free longevity and even immediate improvements in well being are definitely possible.
>>
>>35465601
I've heard a lot of people say that keto is good for controlling binging, since fat is so calorie dense that it keeps you satiated for longer, Im a little ashamed to admit that thats a good chunk of the reason i'm trying it out, if i let myself eat carbs willy-nilly i end up stuffing my face with them
>>
>>35465746
> calorie dense that it keeps you satiated for longer

I think you have that backwards.
>>
>>35465782
Do i? Thats just what i read somewhere back when i was researching this stuff but it was a couple months back so i might have gotten mixed up, whatever
>>
I did keto for quite a few months and it's great provided you eat a fuckton of veggies and drink a ton of water. You don't really get too hungry and have a pretty constant level of energy all day but the second you work out your life is a fucking misery. You can fight through it but you just feel wiped out and the mental fog afterwards can persist for some time. It does however help you get over sugar cravings and to eat human sized meals again though so it is great for cutting weight but if you want to actually have some energy for the gym to get fit you're gonna need some carbs. Unless you're spending hours in the gym you don't need nearly as much carbs as you'd think and if you're trying to go low carb it would be better to start low at say 50g and gradually work your way up from there if you hit the wall when working out too early. Eventually you'll find a number that suits your activity level and from there its pretty easy to adjust your macros as needed.
>>
>>35465347
You don't eat a pound of the stuff.
>>
>>35464177
femanon here, been on keto for a year now, lost twenty pounds. 5'8'' fluctuate between 130-135.
I love it, it's cured my migraines and regulated my hormones, my energy is steady throughout the day and i'm barely hungry.
I'd recommend being really strict with your macros during the first three weeks that your body is adapting. It's really easy to consume too much protein, which turns into sugar through glycogenesis.
Vegetables should make up most of your meals. Don't rely on bread substitutes (with almond flour etc) too heavily.
Experiment with your macros. It could take weeks to find the sweet spot.
my fave snacks are celery sticks with cream cheese, pickled vegetables, chia seed pudding, sliced cheeses with cold cuts, roasted edamame.
>>
>>35465668
Atkins didn't die of a heart attack. When will this meme end?
>>
Keto masterrace femanon reporting in. Am in my third year on keto, haven't felt this good since before puberty started. It fixes all kinds of stuff, not just weight, but also hormonal irregularities, migraines, arthritis, fatigue, other inflammation issues, auto-immune disorders, depression, and what not.

Don't believe the vegan meme, for a well-maintained female body, carbs are a poison, keto is the only way.
>>
>>35464177
Im currently running keto on a cut.

Here is my diet plan roughly.

Wake up:
Whey Shake with Milk

11:30 - 12 pm
130 g of almonds

3:30pm
400 g of meat

8 pm
400g of meat
Plate of green vege, normally broccoli, green beans, spinach, asparagus, peas.

On workout days, I have another shake during workout.
>>
>>35465668

Atkins died because he slipped on ice, fell, and hit his head, dumbfuck.

Should we all stop lifting because Zyzz died at 22 and obviously correlation is the same as causation according to you?
>>
>>35468097
Do you ever carb re uptake or do intermittent fasting? Supplements?
What are you macros currently?
>>
>>35468116
peas are like .. the candy of the vegetable world
>>
>>35468140
Yup, I know :) delicious though. I sprinkle like 20 peas.over my beans for that juicy taste.
>>
File: 1414616597343.jpg (64 KB, 359x586) Image search: [Google]
1414616597343.jpg
64 KB, 359x586
>>35468116
Also, cook the vegie and meat in olive oil. Esp the vegie, to get those fat soluble vitamins.
>>
>>35468127

I don't really measure everything, but roughly:

- Under 20 grams of net carbs a day. Sometimes I go over, but I'm neither tall nor fat, and if I go over 30 I'm kicked out of keto/start to feel not so good.

- Preferred choice of meat is well-marbled beef, but I also eat pork, poultry, fatty fish, innards, and deer and other wildlife when available, even horse, rabbit, etc. If it's a dead animal, I'll probably eat it.

- I have a spoonful of coconut oil whenever I'm not sure I had enough fat.

- drink clear broth, make sure I get enough salt.

- eat green leaf veggies, cauliflower, avocado, and some nuts as garnish with the meat.

- also eggs, especially the yolk, and cheese.

- every day supplements are: magnesium & potassium (recommended for keto). But when I run out occasionally and it takes a few days to buy new, I don't feel worse or anything, so I guess that after the initial keto adaptation, supplements might be optional.

- lots of water or unsweetened tea, coffee with heavy cream. No soda ever, not even the diet types. Sometimes some beer or a small amount of other alcohol, but then I make sure to avoid all other carbs.

I never do carb re uptake, and only incidental fasting (when traveling for work I occasionally am at events where the catering is all carbs; but it's easy to resist now).
>>
keto is fucking HORRIBLE
I felt awful when i was doing keto. with intermittent fasing i lost all more fat, more quickly and easier but w/e works for you i guess. bodies and lives are different
>>
File: atkinsmed4.gif (68 KB, 700x900) Image search: [Google]
atkinsmed4.gif
68 KB, 700x900
>>35468066

>myocardial infarction (heart atttack), congestive heart failure, hypertension
>>
File: Fatkins Death Cert.gif (294 KB, 720x970) Image search: [Google]
Fatkins Death Cert.gif
294 KB, 720x970
>>35468563
That isn't the death certificate rather a medical report released a year after he died which stated he had a history of heart problems.

Inb4 eating nothing but cheese and steak is bad for your heart... no shit.
>>
>>35468097
can we get some pics of this keto shaped female body? TIA
>>
>>35468563

His heart condition was caused by a virus.

>Atkins official death certificate states the cause of death as "Blunt impact injury of head with epidural hematoma".

>Nine days prior to his death, Atkins fell and hit his head on an icy New York pavement. At New York's Weill Cornell Medical Center, where he was admitted on April 8, he underwent surgery to remove a blood clot from his brain but went into a coma and died from complications. He spent nine days in intensive care before dying on April 17, 2003.

He was in a coma for nine days after the head injury, and for a guy with chronic heart disease, he actually had a good run.

That idiot DurianRider will topple over dead much earlier.
>>
>>35468116
Lost about 40 pounds over the past 4 months eating somewhat similar to this.
>>
keto for a year lost 60lbs, meat veg and fats.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.