[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm a big soda drinker, trying to kill my habit by switching
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
File: tea.jpg (845 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
tea.jpg
845 KB, 2560x1600
I'm a big soda drinker, trying to kill my habit by switching over to tea which I enjoy quite a bit as well. Do teas have any health benefits? Is it any better or worse than just plain water?
>>
yeah, if you want cancer
>>
>>35463271
Confirmed, tea gives you cancer. Stick with soda
>>
>>35463271
If I wanted cancer I would've ask for your one rep max
>>
>>35463258
green tea has anti oxidants. drink it motherfucker. tea will make your teeth brown tho, but so does soda so you wouldn't care.
>>
>>35463258

I'm trying to switch to tea too, mostly green. Found out you shouldn't brew it with boiling water, you have to let the water cool down for 3-5 minutes. It makes it less bitter
>>
>>35463258

Green tea and white tea are better if you are going to be drinking them all day. In my opinion, iced green tea tastes about the same as iced black tea.

Black tea has more caffeine afaik, but if you drink too much of it it fucks with your kidneys.
>>
>>35463374
>Found out you shouldn't brew it with boiling water

Just letting OP know this is only for green tea. For black tea, brew it with boiling. If you don't like bitterness steep it for less time and/or get better tea.
>>
File: 31327_peachtranquilityrtea_1.jpg (185 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
31327_peachtranquilityrtea_1.jpg
185 KB, 1200x1200
I usually make healthy iced tea. Theres a tea shop in my town which sells alot of different kinds, I usually buy a bag of natural peach fruit tea. Just fill a container with boiling water, add tea and let it sit for a few hours. Then cool off and enjoy nice 'n fruity iced tea.
>>
>>35463258
soda: sugar and caffeine
tea: caffeine and antioxidants
better, but not as good as water
>>
>>35463258
Drink water goddamn it
>>
>>35463258
Can you google?

Christ, in the time it took you to type all that out you couldve searched it
>>
>>35463491
>>35463491
Do you add sugar to the mix?
>>
>>35463513
Caffeine is fine you turd.
Most teas have an order of magnitude less of it than coffee anyway.
>>
>>35463809
Nope. The result is a fruity and very lightly sweet tea. Of course it's not the same as regular iced tea, but iced tea is sugary as fuck.
>>
>>35463809
Don't ever put sugar in tea. If you can't enjoy it without sweeteners, you need to force your tastebuds to adapt to a sugarfree diet.
>>
>>35463889
It's bitter though. I can handle black coffee but not sugarless tea yet
>>
>>35463374
Man I used to brew green tea by the gallon and I couldn't figure out why my eyelids would twitch for months at a time until I switched back to coffee and energy drinks. Enjoy your involuntary tweaker spasms.
>>
>>35464049
>energy drinks
kek
>>
>>35464049
Tea has less caffeine then energy drinks, coffee, or most sodas.
>>
>>35463286
>>
I'm big into tea and I'd recommend you get couple different kinds of loose leaf tea, and a basket infuser. The kind that goes inside your cup. Not the ball infuser, that shit doesn't let the leaves open up fully and doesn't make the tea taste as good as it can. Also remember to not use boiling water for green tea, 70-80 celsius will do.

or just buy tea bags I don't care
>>
Yerba mate master bait reporting in. Tastes delicious in my French press and don't even need to be Brazilian to enjoy it. Full of minerals
>>
Not op but, what about water with chlorophyll?
>>
File: gVqNpqT.png (527 KB, 820x613) Image search: [Google]
gVqNpqT.png
527 KB, 820x613
>>35465539
>Brazilian
>>
>>35463258
ure retard
go to store
buy mineral sparkling water
if u fagit u buy la croix
then drink that to ween
then stop wasting so much money on sodawater
now u cant afford either
done
>>
Just try and quit for a week. I feel no cravings for sodas anymore, moreover I find them disgusting now. Only drink Coke Zero if I really have no choice but to have some.
>>
>>35463271
Everything gives you cancer these days. Even your mobile phone.
>>
>>35463258
I stopped drinking soda long before I was interested in fitness. As a kid I would always go to water since it would actually quench my thirst and make me feel better, unlike soda that burned my mouth and throat from the carbonation and left me still thirsty. That didnt stop me from graduating high school 100lbs overweight, but it made dropping the 100lbs over the next two years of college way easier. Point being, drink water for the reason it's made for. If you just want something with taste to idly consume, try fruits or veggies.
>>
>>35463286
Don't ever fucking reply to me again unless you're contributing to the thread.
>>
Oolong tea master race reporting in
>>
>>35468482
...he said, having just shitposted unsupported misinformation about tea being carcinogenic
>>
>>35468482
Ok sorry
>>
>>35468546
My friend who is a surgical oncologist confirmed it, tea (specifically green/oolong) causes almost as much cancer as your post does.
>>
>>35463258
Green and Oolong tea can reduce the amount of cholesterol in your blood. They also don't have much or any caffeine, so you could probably drink it at night. There are also quite a few other things, especially with Oolong. Googling "Oolong tea health benefits" turns up tons of stuff claiming it keeps you looking young, keeps your bones strong into old age, strengthening the immune system, weight loss, cancer prevention and keeping your teeth from falling out of your head among other things. I don't know how reliable all of them are, but I do like Oolong and drinking it a lot does coincide with me losing weight faster.
>>
File: tea.png (168 KB, 423x423) Image search: [Google]
tea.png
168 KB, 423x423
Tea is good as long as you don't buy it from China or SE Asia and you don't sweeten it. Why? Because heavy metals are stored in the plant matter, predominantly in the roots and leaves of the tea plant. The reason you should avoid Chinese stuff is that it has nearly no regulation and it's the most polluted shithole that grows tea.

You can get good blends from European countries, certain regions in India (another country which should be avoided if you don;'t know what you're doing), S. America and Wapan. You can get some great tea from Germany and the UK, but they make mostly black tea. If it's too bitter use milk, it might be gross at first but it's delicious after you get used to it and it will make black tea taste like not-cancer. Don't put more than 1-2 teaspoons or the tea will taste like fat.
>>
>>35468638
mostly pseudoscience
>>
>>35468797
Another thing I forgot to mention, the soils in China and India coupled with heavy rainfall in the regions where most of it is produces encourages metal absorbtion, and while it is harmless most times since it picks up mostly iron and trace amounts of aluminium, it can increase absorbtion of heavy metals several times over (exactly how much is unknown for tea, but in oats and rice it can be 3 times more, however they are both known to be more prone to absorbing metals; wheat only shows a 30-50% absorbtion rate, so this is probably more close to what happens to tea plants).
>>
Most of the health benefits are so minimal that you're simply better off drinking tea for enjoyment rather than thinking it's some kind of magic tonic. In saying that:
>Green tea can have just as much caffeine as black tea, depends on the type of tea
>Generally the least processed teas have more antioxidants (white>green>oolong>black>puerh, but again this can vary)
>Rooibos (a 'tisane'/herbal infusion) is caffeine free but has some iron and antioxidants.
>Loose leaf tea can be cheaper in the long run if you end up drinking a lot of it.
>Matcha green tea has a churazy amount of caffeine and antioxidants and mixes well with milk, you can even add it to your protein shakes.
What it really boils down to is finding a tea you like a drinking it however the fuck you want.
>>
>>35468499
White, yellow, green, oolong, black - all are from the same plant
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.