[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /fit/. I can't afford the GYM anymore. It's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
Hello /fit/.

I can't afford the GYM anymore. It's my second month and it's been draining my wallet. I also couldn't get over the presence of others in the GYM, I feel really uncomfortable.

Should I just buy dumbells instead and work home? I just need to build some muscles in my chest, biceps, triceps and shoulders. Nothing else. I don't want my upper body to be hungry skelly mode anymore.
>>
>>35462317
Do calisthenics
>>
>>35462317

is that the weird sex pervert who likes dressing up like goofy?
>>
>>35462317
You know GYM isn't an acronym, right? You don't need to yell it.
>>
>>35462317
> also couldn't get over the presence of others in the GYM, I feel really uncomfortable.

better pay a therapist to treat your autism
>>
>>35462317
Maybe you should get a job
>>
File: 1439445630423.jpg (47 KB, 333x500) Image search: [Google]
1439445630423.jpg
47 KB, 333x500
How do I into this mode?
>>
>>35462354
acronyms have a period in between the letters. do you know what an acronym is?
>>
I'm currently doing pullups and dips at home. Routine is simply

AxBxAxBx...

A
>dips, as many sets to failure as I can do in 20 minutes
>situps, same but in 10 minutes

B
>pullups, same as A
>dips, same as A

The goal is to stick to that until I can do 20 reps of dips/pullups, which should take quite a while. All my macros are counted, and I weight and measure %bf weekly. My goal is to put on 6-7 kg of lean mass in one year.

Anyway, that's just an idea. You can also go the dumbbell route.
>>
>>35464538
what the holy fuck are you doing
>>
>>35464565
why exactly do you say that
>>
>>35464538
You won't accomplish your goals with this routine
>>
>>35464538
In B I actually meant situps instead of dips
>>
>>35464590
why not
>>
>>35464538
>his routine consists of 3 exercises
>breaks it up into A and B

Fucking hell just do AxAx and add more exercises like pushups and chinups instead of doing dips for 20 minutes
>>
>>35464601
Well your routine is solely Bodyweight so unless you buy a weight built to start doing weighted dips/chins then you aren't going to be able to make progress.
You also don't have any lower body exercises.
Honestly just read the sticky, it's there for a reason
>>
>>35464595
What a retarded routine. No increase of resistance, just endurance? Sounds awful. You also need a caloric surplus to gain muscle mass.
>>
>>35464630
It's meant to be a minimalist push and pull really. Won't I overtrain if I do AxAx?

>>35464631
I can barely do 4 pullups, the initial progress will be in the number of reps.

I don't care about lower body right now.

And I have read the sticky several times.

>>35464644
I am on a caloric surplus. Over the first month I have gained roughly 600 grams of muscle.
>>
>>35464693
Perhaps you've read too many things/are thinking too hard about this. Weights are a necessity; it's clear you haven't tried out your plan yet.
>>
>>35465275
I do intend to go to a gym eventually, but right now I'm on a budget and don't have much time, so I decided to try this.

If I stop making any sort of gain I'll easily notice anyway. If that happens, I'll just move try something else.
>>
>>35465318
Been doing calisthenics for the past year. Started at 4 pullups, maybe 6 dips, 45 pushups. You really need to mix it up. I alternate between pull ups, chin ups, and towel pull ups. Same for dips - since those work triceps, switch between double bar dips, single bar dips, and any type of push up you can find, otherwise your routine will get old quickly. Also, if you don't find a way to work legs, you'll become a meme.
>>
>>35465438
>I alternate between pull ups, chin ups, and towel pull ups. Same for dips - since those work triceps, switch between double bar dips, single bar dips, and any type of push up

Thanks for the idea, really

>your routine will get old quickly

You mean it will stall? Maybe I'll be missing out on certain muscle groups?

By the way, how many pullups can you do now, and how much muscle have you gained?
>>
>>35462317
>I can't afford the GYM anymore. It's my second month and it's been draining my wallet
It's time to prioritize things. If you can't afford a gym membership, not even a monthly one, gym is the last of your problems.
It seems you should focus on your income. Now, I don't want to suggest anything horrible like "getting a job" but for sure you shouldn't waste time 1) on a korean kung fu imageboard 2) trying to put together a callisthenic routine that would require 2x the time and the effort of a gym training for half the results.
>>
>>35465473
Certain muscles will outgrow others, and I'm sure your triceps would be oddly formed. Also, I dont think any one has the motivation to do the same three exercises for more than a month before becoming painfully bored.

I'm at 22 pullups now on a 2" diameter bar. My grip fails before my back, hence the towel pulls. And dont expect to gain much muscle from only body weight. Your muscular endurance will increase greatly, but I dont put on mass like I did when I was lifting.

>>35465562
This. Unless you have a reason for muscular endurance
>>
>>35465622
Do you think that getting to 75kg at 12% bf is implausible using bodyweight only?
>>
>>35465674
>>35465622
*considering my height is 182cm
>>
>>35465674
Height? I went from 145lb to 165lb with body weight only over a year and a half, but trained daily. 6ft. Estimate 6% body fat
>>
>>35465710
You are beyond my goal right now :')
>>
I applaud that you're asking for help.
This place is nice, I think I will stay, even if the captcha is shit, and botnet to boot.
>>
>>35465755
Set your goal higher, anon. We're all gonna make it brah
>>
I know it's harder to build muscle with bodyweight but ,assuming one has all the time in the world, surely he can maintain at least an otterbody with home exercises
>>
File: 1432482206835.jpg (8 KB, 222x204) Image search: [Google]
1432482206835.jpg
8 KB, 222x204
>>35464693
>Won't I overtrain if I do AxAx?

>overtraining with a few bodyweight exercises every other day

Thanks for the laugh mate, I needed that.

Overtraining is not something to be afraid of, your body will tell you when you are overtraining lmao
>>
>>35462317
>can't wake up
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.