[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how were you able to overcome soda addiction fit? are there people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 11
File: aaaa.jpg (20 KB, 425x283) Image search: [Google]
aaaa.jpg
20 KB, 425x283
how were you able to overcome soda addiction fit?
are there people on here who only drink water?
if so how you feel? Better?
>>
>>35462117
>how were you able to overcome soda addiction fit?
Simple. I'm not American
>>
I'm american and haven't drank soda in over 10 years just drink water and don't be a child, who craves sugary drinks.
>>
>>35462117

Converting to drinking water is actually a lot easier than you think. Besides, drinking a cold glass of soda every 10-12 months feels refreshing as FUARK rather than drinking it regularly
>>
>>35462117
part of my upbringing was that we only had soda on special occasions and not readily available in the house
so OP I guess what I'm saying is invent a time machine and go back and slap your parents around a bit until they get it together and stop being such useless cunts that like killing their kids
>>
File: 1451680980955.png (129 KB, 724x611) Image search: [Google]
1451680980955.png
129 KB, 724x611
Christ is this actually a problem in the colonies?
Just get fucking filtered tap water, I got some juicy water purifier. To be honest, i feel much better when drinking water, fizzy drinks fucking rot your teeth, and gives you cancer. So it doesn't remotely matter if I feel fucking better (which I do) if you care about making it, get rid of that shit.

You may feel withdrawn for a little bit, but overall, you'll soon love the taste of nice fresh gainwater
>>
>>35462426
>needing a water purifier
Nice country bro
>>
I just carry around a water bottle and make it a conscious effort to drink it. I haven't had an entire soda in almost 3 years. I feel so much better now. I tried drinking a Pepsi a couple months ago and felt sick. People don't realize how shitty you feel from eating unhealthy food, and since people eat it all the time they don't know any different than that shitty feeling
>>
>>35462448
I live in the English countryside, I don't NEED a purifier, but I also don't want to drink shit tier chalk water. I like having access to water that tastes like your yankee voss water straight from my tap. Mirin
>>
Haven't drank soda in like 7 month, don't even feel the need to.

Water is so good. Also tea, a lot of green tea (no added sugar or anything)
>>
I drink squash to satiate my sweet-tooth

I try to buy the ones made with real fruit instead of nothing but crap, I know they're not great but there's no sugar
>>
what the fuck guys, are americans this fucking disgusting , how hard is it to just stop drinking sodas ,now i've been addicted myself but i just said to myself that this just doesnt feel clean, take a day of soda only then a day of water only and then a soda only, you'll want that water man, and not fucking toilet water, buy some carbonated water and you're good.

unless the american genetics kick in
>>
>>35462117
>was skinnyfat in high school
>stopped drinking soda at the age of 16
>made no other diet changes
>lost 20 pounds in a few months
>became legit hungry skelly
>parents thought i had an eating disorder

probably have had 5 sodas in the last 14 years
>>
>>35462494
English tap water really does taste like shit.
It is not the case in many other good european countries though.
So as i said
Nice country bro
>>
File: 1451466894558.png (770 KB, 752x625) Image search: [Google]
1451466894558.png
770 KB, 752x625
>>35462551
I tried to avoid your insult to my country. But i'm one to accept defeat, yeah...our tap water does taste like shit. Maybe because I live in areas with chalk and pipes older than the United States Of America, but whatever. At least I drink like a king
>>
is this shit real? do people really drink tap water? IT TASTES LIKE FUCKING CHEMICALS
why dont people drink carbonated water
>>
>>35462587
>is this shit real? do people really drink tap water? IT TASTES LIKE FUCKING CHEMICALS

American?
>>
>>35462587
>why dont people drink carbonated water
The acidity will ruin your teeth m8
>>
>>35462602
Romanian, never drank tap water, know people who do but i cant stand the taste of it
>>
Started getting odd feelings in the stomach from drinking light soda.
Regular sugar is disgusting.
So I'm pretty much forced to not drink it.
>>
>>35462622
really? never heard of that, any study to back it up? my teeth are already fucked up because my parents didnt had any money to get me braces while i was still young
>>
File: 1451262091315.jpg (21 KB, 300x626) Image search: [Google]
1451262091315.jpg
21 KB, 300x626
>>35462626
You poor poor man, I'm so sorry. Don't worry bruh, we'll all make it
>>
>>35462662
its okay mate, not that bad her--- fuck it man
>>
>>35462224

Dont be jelly cause north america has the freshest, most plentiful water around
>>
>>35462117
The less you have them, the less you have the urge to have them
Happened with me anyway
>>
>>35462117
i was never addicted...

but yes i do only drink water.
no milk
no fruit juices.

i sometimes mix stevia and lemon juice for lemonade....
>>
>>35462117
You just have to tough it out for two weeks and it goes away. I lost my appetite for soda and energy drinks after two days if just water, coffee and whole milk
>>
File: 1308686531004.jpg (191 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1308686531004.jpg
191 KB, 1280x960
>>35462117
Did this successfully I dunno, 5 or 6 years ago.

It wasn't that hard. I just stopped buying it. It's MUCH easier to not buy it than it is to resist one in the fridge. I also did a lot of alternatives. Juices, tea with honey, etc. Caffeinated tea can help with headaches and other symptoms.

Also, don't view having one every once in a while as a failure. Kicking any habit or addiction is a process, not a thing that suddenly occurs.

Do I feel better? I sleep better, it's easier for me to get out of bed, the 2:30 slump isn't nearly as bad, etc. My energy level is just more steady throughout the day, not necessarily higher.
>>
>>35462117

I just never drank it. Have you ever seen soda filtered? Its literally like 30% water. Im pretty sure i saw it on youtube. That pretty much solidified my distaste for soda.

The exception is when i feel self destructive, and its usually a 1$ dp from mcdonalds with a dblchzbrgr. And i eat all the ice to help water it down as it passes thru my body, though that doesnt make eating literal garbage any better :/
>>
File: 1439955559415.jpg (163 KB, 547x511) Image search: [Google]
1439955559415.jpg
163 KB, 547x511
>>35462117
Wew lads why so delusional in this thread? I drank energy drinks and soda through high school and college and then when I decided to get fit I just switched to seltzer when I wanted a fizzy drink. Ez

>fizzy drinks rot your teeth and give you cancer
Wrong, sugar rots your teeth not co2, and [Citation needed] for the cancer bit

>I had a Pepsi and felt sick after
Don't be one of these high and mighty faggots, this reaction is purely mental

Ps proud resident of God's chosen country, the USA
>>
>>35462494
Blessed countryside water. Bro if you ever go up to manchester, even in the city, get some tap water. Best water in the country.
>>
File: 002.jpg (90 KB, 525x700) Image search: [Google]
002.jpg
90 KB, 525x700
>>35462848
>Ps proud resident of God's chosen country, the USA
>>
File: coke-vs-water.jpg (335 KB, 1560x986) Image search: [Google]
coke-vs-water.jpg
335 KB, 1560x986
>>35462848

>Cancer
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/289687.php

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/coloring-in-cola-linked-to-higher-risk-for-cancer/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2545009/Fresh-health-fears-caramel-colouring-used-fizzy-drinks-including-Coca-Cola-Company-vows-reduce-chemicals-cause-cancer.html

>Wrong, sugar rots your teeth not co2
Good job Einstein

>Ps proud resident of God's chosen country, the USA
Hopefully bait
>>
>all these people combining regular soda and diet soda into one
>>
>>35462117
Cold turkey you weak willed faggot
>>
I was heavily addicted to soda, like half a gallon per day. It was just as difficult for me to quit soda as it was for me to quit cigarettes. I fell off the wagon over the holidays and drank a lot of soda, and starting vaping nicotine again, but if cut out the soda once again. I had a couple energy drinks which are just and bad but, I've now stopped them too. All that's left is the nicotine vape, which I'm quitting once i run out of this bottle of e-juice.

To answer your question, it all comes down to training yourself not to be impulsive. It took me years of trying and failing to finally stop both cigarettes and soda and ice cream for a notable amount of time. I keep an empty gallon jug that had minute maid orange juice in it. I use it as a water bottle, so that I drink about a gallon of water per day, spread out across the entire day. I drink watered down black coffee for energy, or home-made unsweetened tea for the taste. Don't get tea from the store, because there's way tastier teas online. Not tastier in the sugary sense, but some have an aftertaste of banana and shit like that. Really pleasant. Don't keep soda in or around your house. If you live in a house where other people drink soda, demand that they stop alongside you. Explain the health benefits to them and get it out of the house. Throw it away. If there's soda in your house, it's only a matter of time before you drink it. It is a killer on your body. Get a big ass water bottle (like i said, i use a minute maid orange juice jug because it's a gallon and it's made of good quality thick plastic, but anything will work even a cleaned out milk jug). Get a coffee maker (only drink black coffee, I water it down to compensate for the dehydrating effects of coffee). Get a tea diffuser or two (try to buy one that doesn't just fall apart because the latch is just a plastic wedge).

Just like if you were quitting anything else, the method is up to you. I tackle one vice at a time with the cold turkey approach.
>>
Switched to 100% fruit juice at first to gimmie that sugar fix, eventually moved on to solely tea, kefir and water
>>
>>35463132
Followup on this. Sorry for the bad grammar, I typed it really fast. Keep in mind if you fail over and over that you aren't allowed to quit trying until you're dead. Training to be less impulsive takes a lot of time for some people especially for me. The cold turkey deal isn't for everyone, but it's the only way I can do it. Remember to tell everyone and their cat that you're quitting soda to put the peer pressure on, and surround yourself with people who either quit drinking soda or never started in the first place. This could mean joining a fitness club or something. Watch lots of motivational videos. Keep water next to you at all times. If you fuck up, forgive yourself and keep trying until you die.
>>
File: 1423184659759.jpg (39 KB, 350x463) Image search: [Google]
1423184659759.jpg
39 KB, 350x463
>>35462908
Read the urls, that's enough

So the coloring causes cancer? Neato, I'll hazard a guess that carcinogenic coloring isn't specific to fizzy drinks. Plus seltzer isn't colored. Plus you didn't refute my point regarding co2 not being linked to tooth decay

Checkpoint, austists
>>
>>35462117
i went from 2L/day to none (except on rare occasions) and felt much better. lost a bunch of fat (always been lean but still lost what was left in my belly). got hooked on it again recently, want to get back to /nosoda/ asap
>>
I used to drink 2-4 cans of soda a day. Over two weeks I weened off it until I was going months without soda.

A big benefit is I'm Minnesotan so my tap water tastes better than most bottled waters.
>>
coke zero is fine. switch if you haven't already
>>
bumpity
>>
File: Mfw(424).jpg (8 KB, 239x308) Image search: [Google]
Mfw(424).jpg
8 KB, 239x308
>>35462117
I drank monster instead and still do

Other than that i stopped drinking calories besides shakes/coffee
>>
>>35462117
It makes me sick to my stomach.

I'll still drink sugar free red bulls and monsters though.
>>
>>35462577
I have a water cooler. Do you guys have places like water mart and what not? I go to the water mart and get 3 5gal drums filled up with purified water. It tastes awesome because it's purified by a 5 ton water purifying machine.

They also sell health drinks like protein shakes.
>>
>>35462626
it's the best fucking thing ever when you forgot to get anything from the store
where the hell do you live nigga
>>
>>35462932
They're the same, you fucknut Diet Coke addict. God Diet Coke addicts are worse than the real thing in that they're twice as deluded
>>
>>35462551
Welsh water overlord
>>
>>35462117

I'm 3 weeks off soda, life time drinker, here is the easiest way to quit.

If you still want caffeine switch to diet, if you want to quit altogether (you should) drink sprite for a couple days to quit caffeine and then stop drinking sprite. The caffeine addiction is the hardest part, after about a week you will get used to drinker water with meals.
>>
Just stop drinking it faggot it really isn't hard
>>
>>35464708
>they're the same thing
>except in the thing that makes soda so bad
>>
>>35462117
I drink diet soda. at this point I prefer the flavor of diet.
>>
>>35462316
That's really true
Cutting soda out of my regular diet only make it way better on a cheat meal
>>
>>35463838
Coke zeroes is disgusting. Diet coke is where it's at
>>
Trying to get off of the shit now. The headaches are real.

Just not being a puss and toughing it out.
>>
>>35462908
The arguement that soda can dissolve (insert whatever here) after leaving it in soda for (insert time frame here) is retarded. Its not that its not true, but more so that you dont have coca cola sitting in your mouth for more than 30 seconds. Its like saying you shouldn't drink water because it erodes rocks over time, fucking retarded.
>>
File: image_0_0.jpg (233 KB, 1430x1780) Image search: [Google]
image_0_0.jpg
233 KB, 1430x1780
>>35462224
>>
>>35462224
>>35462426
>>35462529
/int/ pls go your creepy off-topic obsession with countries is infecting /fit/
>>
>>35462117
For me the the fizz was the fun part so I just drink perrier now.
>>
If you have a soda addiction, why not at least switch to diet?
>>
>>35464896
>Begun, these coke wars have.
>>
i only drink water. it is truly glorious
>>
> overcome soda addiction

No, I'm on my 5th Pepsi max today.
death awaits
>>
My tap water tastes devine especially in the winter when it comes out super cold. Go Minnesota environmentalists?
>>
I kind of want to stop simply because it costs money, and if you add all that up it gets expensive.

But I keep it to 20oz or less a day.

also carbonated water is bitter to me, so I can't drink it. apparently the carbonic acid tastes bitter to some.
>>
>>35462587
Everything is made up of chemicals, you dumb american
>>
>>35462117

I drank a lot of water with some lemon juice mixed in it. Now I can just drink straight up water.

Also so tastes too sweet for me now. I can't stand it anymore.

>>35462426
The train us from child. Americans start drinking sugar water before they can talk.
>>
Stop drinking caffeine period

I feel so much better after a month.

>Nap when i want to
>Sleep when i want to
>Steady energy level all day
>Feeling tired isn't deadly, just a feeling
>>
>>35462117
>used to be a fat kid who only drank soda
>as adult became healthier and fit
>no longer drink soda
>only drink water or tea
>feel much better overall
>definitely believe any type of soda is shit
>annoyed my significant other drinks like half a liter of mountain dew a day
>>
>>35462117
I just got my first soda in over a year. It taste disgusting. Been drinking hand made juice, water and Gatorade sometimes when I feel sluggish. Just work your way off it. Cut down to one can a day. Then one every other day and so on until youvdont crave it.
>>
Started lifting. Got more vascular. When I reach for a soda, I see the veins in my forearm and they remind me that becoming better than I am makes me feel better than soda possibly could.

Tea, water, shakes, and orange juice with breakfast only. Feels better than the monsters I used to drink on the daily.
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.