[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm applying to planet fitness tomorrow. Anyone here care
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: planet-fitness-59153.jpg (206 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
planet-fitness-59153.jpg
206 KB, 1024x768
I'm applying to planet fitness tomorrow. Anyone here care to share some experiences of lifting/working at PF?
>>
>>35458740
yeah, don't
>>
you'll never make it. planet fitness is designed to make money by promoting and encouraging mediocrity, which is what most americans want. planet fitness is an excuse, not a solution.
>>
most planet fitnesses are shit, but some of them aren't that bad. the one near me actually has a squat rack and nixed the lunk alarm. i still would look for other options if you have them, but going to a shitty gym is better than no gym at all.
>>
make sure you go for pizza night!
>>
>>35458740
No rack for barbells
Mine only had 10 45 lb plates in the whole building
Dumbells cut off at like 70
>>
File: aEpIgBm.png (147 KB, 918x840) Image search: [Google]
aEpIgBm.png
147 KB, 918x840
>>35458740
>supporting this bullshit company
>>
>>35458857

Hey man, OP has gotta eat too.
>>
>>35458820
70lb seems to be enought for me O_o
>>
>>35458740

>Planet Fitness

I'm a Britbong and this shit hole sounds fucking terrifying.

>no slamming or dropping weights
>no water jugs or wearing tank tops
>no taking fitness seriously

I live in a small ass town that has two gyms run by bodybuilders, old school style gyms. Is there really no where else you can go OP? Why Planet Fitness?
>>
>>35458953
Curls sure
Lateral raises fine
But dumbell presses?
No
>>
>>35458995
I mean I'm going to work there.

I've never been to a "feel good" gym, all the places I've been to blast loud music in a basement with flames painted on the walls. I hope it's not as bad as the internet makes it sound.
>>
>>35459066
>ever doing close to 70 for lateral raised
What the fuck
>>
>>35459123
No, l mean cutting off at 70 doesn't impede your lateral raises
>>
File: image.png (149 KB, 553x548) Image search: [Google]
image.png
149 KB, 553x548
>>35459078
It's purple and yellow, and it plays your little sister's ipod playlist
>>
>>35459066
so with 70 dumbell you can do a descent workout not optimal but better than nothing
>>
>>35458740
Unlike most of /fit/, I actually have worked out at Planet Fitness. I'll run through the pros and cons:

Pros:
-Cheap as fuck. My gym was $10 a month, which was easily a third the cost of the next-cheapest gym in the area
-Mostly middle-aged men and women running on treadmills, I was usually the only person actually lifting and I never once had to work in or wait for someone to finish a set
-Lunk Alarm is just there for show, it doesn't actually work (friend worked there and let me in on that)
-The "free pizza on mondays" or whatever was a marketing thing, my gym never did it

Cons:
-Dumbbells only went up to 80lbs. Ok for most workouts but hard to get a complete workout in.
-Being the only dude lifting was awkward sometimes
-Lots of 40-something women hitting on you because you actually lift and they think you're some kind of Greek god because you have a shred of definition (then again, this could be a pro)
-Lots of Smith machines, some gyms don't have squat racks or power racks at all.

TL,DR: Planet Fitness is cheap gym franchise. It's not the best place to work out, but it's not the worst place either. It's cheap as fuck and you can do about 90% of what you need to do there.
>>
>>35459123
https://youtu.be/5-IfWvInGjQ
>>
>>35459554
This guy has it right. I work out there... made significant gains last year and barely paid shit. I go like 5x a week so it's basically like 50 cents or some shit every workout. Thinking about switching now because I've pretty much graduated to heavier weights than what they offer there. The staff at mine is good, and it's kinda nice being one of the bigger people in the gym.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.