[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm embarking on a 12 week strength and cardio plan in order
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: download (3).jpg (6 KB, 280x180) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
6 KB, 280x180
I'm embarking on a 12 week strength and cardio plan in order to lose about 20-30 pounds by summer (might start the 12 weeks over again if it yields results). For daily nutrition, it recommends 1g of protein for each pound of body weight. I'm 6'0" and weigh 280 pounds. Can anyone recommend a good protein powder for a dude who has never taken protein powder before?

I'd love to eat an entire goddamn turkey every day, but I don't think i'm up for it.
>>
bump

pls help. need mire.
>>
All protein is the same. Just don't buy the overpriced shit and buy isolate whey if you are lactose intolerant.
>>
>>35458425
Why do you only want to lose 20-30 lbs?
>>
>>35458521
How much should I expect to spend on some solid protein? Over or under $35?

And are there any "carb-conscious" protein options out there? I'm taking in plenty of complex carbs and leafy greens. I don't want to complicate things.
>>
I use optimum nutrition double chocolate.
just do some googling and see which ones have thr most actual protein per serving/cost
>>
laugh at that new year's resolution fag. you will cave in less than 10 days.
>>
>>35458425
You don't need 1g per pound of bodyweight, 0.8g/lb of LEAN bodymass is more than enough. So find your bodyfat % and do the simple math
>>
>>35458545
I have a huge frame and a gigantic fucking head and I honestly don't want to weigh less than about 230 lbs. But I haven't weighed 230 since i was wrestling at age 16 (23 now. I was in fairly good shape in high school, despite my weight). I want to get down to about 250 and then see if i want to take it further.
>>
>>35458571
230-250 is still obese at that height.
>>
>>35458560
Not really a NYR thing for me. Been on and off for the past half year. I've had my diet in order for about a month but it's not doing much for weight loss other than making me feel better and making me poop more.
>>
>>35458560
he might make it
>>
>>35458548
>wants to lose weight
>taking in plenty of carbs
go keto

expect 8-10 bucks a pound for protein
>>
>>35458425
read the sticky
>>
>>35458571
hahahhaahahahahaha

Just admit your fat. you don't have a big frame, you just have fat over your frame. Honestly you need to fix your diet and lift before you should even consider buying protein. If you buy protein your brain will release the same chemicals as if you actually got in shape and then you won't want to complete your goal
>>
>>35458596
I tried ketosis on and off and I was real gung-ho about it. It worked okay for a couple of weeks and then I got hypoglycemic almost passed out while walking to class. Now i'm limiting my carb intake to brown and wild rice and leafy greens. Eating ass-loads of chicken breast, beef, and fish now. I feel good about it.
>>35458580
Do you want to help me or not?
>>
>>35458637
Just eat normally, just less. Oats, less processed sugars, meats, eggs, nuts, ect
>>
>>35458637
Count your calories and eat at a deficit. That's all you need to know if trying to lose weight. If you lift weights and do cardio, just make sure to prioritize weight lifting. It's more important. So cardio after you lift. Find a good strength program. Look into GreySkull LP.
>>
The fact that this is a new years resolution makes me think you will not succede. Stop doing fad diets, stop acting like you have any sort of the amount of muscle mass to need protein powder, and just eat less. Count calories
>>
>>35458560

Pity the fools and help them achieve.

>>35458425

Really anything will do, your gains are far more determined by your work intensity than what brand protein you use.

Optimum Nutrition whey is /fit/ approved but will be around $30 or so for 2 pounds. I like the vanilla MET-RX protein I get from Trader Joes (the chocolate is horrible).
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.